Schedule Change?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

There is a rumor (nothing more) floating around on TigerForums that Auburn and LSU have an agreement working to move the LSU game to the last game of the season. The guy who made up is spreading the rumor is a blowhard that everyone over there thinks is an idiot anyway.

My question to you...would you ever be in favor of changing the late season schedule.

The schedule ran like this for several years:

Mississippi State

Florida

Homecoming

Georgia

Open Date

Bama

The Florida, Georgia, Bama trifecta was coined as Amen Corner by Pat Dye.

I say, given the current landscape of the conference, there is no way in hell that we move the Bama game to anywhere. The LSU game is now the UT game of old nd I say that it stays there.

Thoughts, comments, opinions?

I may be wrong, but I think the AU vs. UA game is already scheduled (for years) as the last game of the season. I have heard that the AU vs. LSU game was being scheduled permanently for late September.

Don't look for the Bama game to be moved ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Unless it is a larger stadium with both schools getting the absolute same number of tickets. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it!

There is a rumor (nothing more) floating around on TigerForums that Auburn and LSU have an agreement working to move the LSU game to the last game of the season.  The guy who made up is spreading the rumor is a blowhard that everyone over there thinks is an idiot anyway. 

My question to you...would you ever be in favor of changing the late season schedule. 

The schedule ran like this for several years:

Mississippi State

Florida

Homecoming

Georgia

Open Date

Bama

The Florida, Georgia, Bama trifecta was coined as Amen Corner by Pat Dye. 

I say, given the current landscape of the conference, there is no way in hell that we move the Bama game to anywhere.  The LSU game is now the UT game of old nd I say that it stays there. 

Thoughts, comments, opinions?

222755[/snapback]

no..leave the schedule alone

Leave the schedule alone....except for maybe scheduling Fresno St. instead of Buffalo...or Southern Miss instead of Tulane...or maybe even Arizona in the place of Arkansas St....but besides that.......

I like:

1) AU/LSU and UA/UT on the same Saturday early in the season--3rd or 4th game.

2) AU/UGA and UA/LSU on the same Saturday before the Iron Bowl (Keep the Iron Bowl fair with roughly equal matchups to recover from before it)

3) Preferably (but it will probably never again be possible) an open week before the Iron Bowl.

then,

4) Iron Bowl ALWAYS the last regular season game.

Finally, of course,

Auburn in Atlanta two weeks after the Iron Bowl--always! :big:

I've heard, read, etc many times that the date after Bama is left open as an off week to prepare for the SEC championship game. As I recall, Bama does it for the same reason. I don't think anyone will be putting a game after that.

I've heard, read, etc many times that the date after Bama is left open as an off week to prepare for the SEC championship game. As I recall, Bama does it for the same reason. I don't think anyone will be putting a game after that.

222807[/snapback]

yeah, only in an emergency, like we had with LSU a few years ago. otherwise, that date after UAT remains open

When we went to 2 divisions our end of season schedule went from fla, uga, bammer to uga, bammer, week off, seccg. bammer officials mentioned this winter about pushing the game back to thanksgiving week, and Auburn rejected it and for good reason IMO.

As to moving the who game to the end of the season, no way, no how.

When we went to 2 divisions our end of season schedule went from fla, uga, bammer to uga, bammer, week off, seccg. bammer officials mentioned this winter about pushing the game back to thanksgiving week, and Auburn rejected it and for good reason IMO.

222814[/snapback]

The Bammer officials suggested it because they know that THEY won't be going to the SECCG.

222814[/snapback]

The Bammer officials suggested it because they know that THEY won't be going to the SECCG.

222822[/snapback]

They also figured they could use the four-day weekend to come up with a few more excuses :poke:

I'm quite sure Bammer has agreed to forfeit and thereby open that date for LSU/AU.

"It sure beats the hell outta gettin' the hell beat out of us again!" said leaders of the Bammer Atheletic Administration.

About the only thing good about open dates is that they allow nicks and dings to clear up.

Timing goes to heck. Full-speed technique goes south.

We need open dates for rest and relaxing a bit, but I would prefer that they come before a less critical game.

I DON'T like this year's 12 in a row. That's brutal.

But even Bryant said that he didn't know whether an open week before Auburn was good or not.

Archived