SEC Football Gameday Experience...

iam4LSU08

i will admit that lsu was fun. Lots of beautiful women and good food. Then there are always the idiot drunken corndogs, but those are easily spotted and then you can avoid them.

In my opinion I loved going to Vandy. Always a guaranteed win and then Nashville at night, that town is awesome. The problem with vandy is that its pretty much like a home game.

i will admit that lsu was fun.  Lots of beautiful women and good food.  Then there are always the idiot drunken corndogs, but those are easily spotted and then you can avoid them.

In my opinion I loved going to Vandy.  Always a guaranteed win and then Nashville at night, that town is awesome.  The problem with vandy is that its pretty much like a home game.

229299[/snapback]

LOL, Vandy is always a breather and a guaranteed win after facing tough teams.

My experiences

South Carolina - Pretty good nightlife, Terrible Stadium location, Terrible fans

Kentucky - Average nightlife, good fans, decent stadium

Vandy - Love nightlife and fans, terrible stadium

Here are my experiences so far:

UAT: Fans are usually not that bad, but both times I have been, it is freezing and raining. I never hung around after the game either.

UGA: Fans before the game (1999) were great. The stadium had construction going on and only one route to the upper deck that was way too crowded. After Ben Leard threw for about 700 yards to Ronney Daniels, I was threatened about 10 times in the four block walk to the car.....probably something to do with the hedges I had sticking out of my hat. I have been back one other time that wasn't in football season and everyone was nice even though I was wearing Auburn gear. The campus is a lot like Auburn's and downtown has some pretty good nightlife.

UK: Nothing very impressive at all. There was not much to do in Lexington. The stadium was okay, but overall not great. The best part was the scenic drive out of Lexington.

This year, I am going to try to make USC and Oxford that will put me at half of the SEC stadiums.

The ones I have been to...

UGA- great atmosphere before game. great time downtown after the game. overall pretty good fans that i haven't had problems with.

Miss St- :puke: We actually drove back to Tuscaloosa to friday night after failing to find ANYTHING in Starkhell. Then drove back in the morning for the game.

Tenneesee- not all its cracked up to be. the stadium is pretty cool, but not any better than Jordan-Hare or Jordan-Hare East. night life isn't too bad, and its nice to be able to walk there from the stadium.

LSU- didn't have as good a time as I was hoping for. they stadium does get loud, and the fans are definately passionate though. caught a little hell, but nothing too extreme. had to drive back to auburn after the game due to lack of hotel rooms so I can't comment on the night life.

Kentucky- fans were nice, stadium is much nicer than I expected, it was just empty. good bar specials downtown.

Alabama- decent bars, but the stadium sucks, and the fans suck. (ok i might be a bit biased on this one!)

I'd rank'em like this.

1. UGA

2. LSU

3. Tennessee

4. Alabama

5. Kentucky

6. Miss. St.

Hopefully I'll get to USC this year and Florida next year.

MSU blows. Glorified high school game.

UGA- one of the most fun trips I've had in college. Nice fans for the most part, tons to do (as long as you don't written a ticket for an open container), nice campus, nice stadium.

UAT- good nightlife... not a very nice town though, and I think the stadium looks run down as well. their expansion will help with the outside look of that but the concourses still look like crap. also no matter what school you're for the fans are awful to opposition. i've been to iron bowls and other SEC games there and it was the same.

UT- not all it's cracked up to be.

hope to make it to LSU and UF next year.

I have been everywhere except USC and UK and am very much looking forward to going out to USC this year.

UAT - only SEC stadium I have ever been to where the vast majority of the home fans did not know the words to the cheers or fight song. I was on the field and looking around and no one in the stands was doing anything except sitting when I thought "it is damn loud in here." They were pumping crowd noise through the stadium PA (during pre-game), and that is a shame.

UT - great gameday atmosphere, great access to the strip a few blocks from the stadium. It was nice to see Auburn fans taking over all the bars in 2004. People were walking around with pitchers topping you off for free if you were an Auburn fan.

Ole Miss - I thought the girls here were incredibly hot and the stadium was pretty nice. I hate to say it but the Grove tailgating is a pretty cool tradition.

UF - was very intimidating. You feel like everyone there from the fans, the stadium staff, to the police is against you when you are there.

Miss St - students stroll in sometime during the first quarter. In 2002 they put the AU band in the upper deck with the Auburn fans.

Vandy - everybody strolls out sometime in the third quarter.

Arkansas - once you are there, that's it. Pretty much nothing to do anywhere near there, but it's a nice stadium I thought, which has been recently renovated.

LSU - trailer park meets circus...trashy people, nasty stadium, nauseating corndog odor in the air...rudeness, swearing, whiskey, arrests....should I continue?

UGA - nice all around experience. renovated stadium last year which I thought was very nice.

I've been to LSU and Uat. LSU was pretty entertaining, fans not as bad as I thought they would be though a guy did threaten me in the bathroom. Uat is alright, the quad is like a carnival, in a bad way, stadium is nothing special.

As for UF fans, I have NEVER had a real bad problem with them in Jax.

I have had 4 great experiences with UF fans even during 3 of the losses.

Away Stadium

BEST

UGA

UF

Arkansas

WORST

Miss State

Vandy

Ole Miss

229343[/snapback]

BEST

UGA (I've heard)

Vandy

Bamar (because we're undefeated)

Worst

FLORIDA (SUCKS...overrated...what a waste)

LS_Who (too dangerous)

Bamar (Cause they're Bamar)

I do NOT understand this infatuation with that thing in Florida...what a hog pen of a stadium...and there's really nothing else there. In the words of Betty Davis..."What a DUMP!".

Bamar...it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.... :lol:

:au::homer:

:msu: okay stadium for a mid major. Nothing to do in Starkvegas. Reminded me of Auburn about 30 years ago without the party atmosphere. Would go back, just to see AU play.

:lsu: Loud, louder than you can imagine at times. You will not be able to hear yourself think. Piss balls, urinated on the opposition fans leaving. Drunks and bad feelings. Liked the campus over all though. Overall :thumbsup: , wont take the wife and daughter there though. Would go back!

:uf: Tough place to play. Very loud and constantly so. Only stadium I really like to be in other than JHS Would go back!

:ut: Nice, way too crowded though. Uncomfortable to sit down in. Liked the campus and the view of the river. Would go back!

:ua: Not impressed with stadium. Really unimpressed with crowd. Older crowd, not much noise. Do not know the words to anything other than Rammer-Jammer... Game was really not much more than an outdoor frat party. Would go back, but not for Iron Bowl, too much emotion there...

:usc: & :om: would like to go to this year if possible...

:uga: - Best overall experience away from JHS.

:lsu: - Was there for the "earthquake game". Extremely loud, but fun to see a game overall.

:uf: - Worst experience outside of Knocksville. Rudest fans around by far, and when we were there, they put the opposing fans directly next to the student section. In a word...Horrible.

:ut: - Nice stadium by the river, I haven't been there since they went over 100,000, but before that it wasn't as loud as advertised.

:ua: - Flea Market followed by Rammer Jammer. With the possible exception of the end of the first half in '04, not loud or imposing at all to the opposition.

I have yet to make it to South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, Miss. St or Ole Miss, but with the exception of Columbia, I don't believe I have missed much.

I've never been there, but I think LSU's president leads the league in apologies to the opposing team for the behavior of its fans.

I've only been to two current (and one previous) SEC venue besides Auburn. I'd put them in this order (after JHS, of course):

1. The Swamp. The fans were loud, but not mean to me. Very intense. The stadium itself is pretty cool and distinct looking. I am partial though, b/c one of the games I was there for was the 1994 AU-UF game. I had no problems finding bars to frequent after the game.

2. Samford Stadium- This is a pretty stadium and a very nice campus. Not quite as loud as the two above, but the folks were pleasant enough and Athens is a cool place to hang out. The night I went was freezing cold, but I still thought it was a nice place.

3. Legion Field-This place was a dump and there was nothing to do (except maybe get mugged) right outside the stadium.

I'm hopefully going to Oxford and S. Carolina (though the Thursday night game is going to make that tough) this Fall. Would love to check out LSU sometime.

3. Legion Field-This place was a dump and there was nothing to do (except maybe get mugged) right outside the stadium.

:lmao:

Good ole Auburn fans, no group of fans create stories about "terrible experiences" at Tiger Stadium then you. I have been to tons and tons of games and I always see opposing fans enjoying some cajun cooking with LSU fans. Personally I think it is just bitterness coming out. Not my fault you guys have an inferioty complex yet haven't won a National Championship since Jesus was walking the earth.

Good ole Auburn fans, no group of fans create stories about "terrible experiences" at Tiger Stadium then you. I have been to tons and tons of games and I always see opposing fans enjoying some cajun cooking with LSU fans. Personally I think it is just bitterness coming out. Not my fault you guys have an inferioty complex yet haven't won a National Championship since Jesus was walking the earth.

230243[/snapback]

Wow, bud, plenty of people on here have talked about how they enjoyed LSU. Just because some(many) of your fans are jackasses and you feel the need to defend doesn't make us bitter. Personally I thinks it is funny when somebody's grandmother cusses you out while simultaneously being flicked off by the local church's children's choir.

230243[/snapback]

Look, you jerk, we're talking about good & bad experiences on the road with our team. Some like LSU, others don't. I think it is YOU who is bitter, not us.

Personally I think it is just bitterness coming out.

Ask Skip who writes the apology letters to Auburn, Georgia, and Tennessee

230246[/snapback]

None of the LSU posters are going to respond to this because it is the truth and they can't handle it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Auburn - my favorite, just because I know the best places to go and I always run into friends, old and new.

LSU - outstanding gameday atmosphere. Did not encounter anything more intimidating than a couple old guys yelling Tiger Bait before the game and a few young drunks after the game basically acting like jackasses. Never threatened and I was decked out in Auburn gear. Great food, plenty to drink and a good bit of hospitality from the locals. geauxscott treated us right with some red beans and rice and jambalaya.

Georgia - Good atmosphere and I love the location of the stadium. Dog fans are a litle obnoxious, but they are ok. I am just glad I don't have to live around them 365.

Mississippi State - Like a high school state championship game. Small crowd, small stadium, not much for most of the attendees to get excited about. It's not bad as far as location, but there is NOTHING special about it. I haven't been over there since Pat Dye quit coaching.

South Carolina - Never been to a game, but I have been to the stadium. Unlike some, I like the location, which affords plenty of parking space. It is out of town and off campus a good bit. Planning on going to the game this fall. Business trip, baby.

Haven't been to the rest. I do want to try and make them all in the next 6 years or so.

Archived