Coaches that you would love to have here at Auburn

tigerfan1234

Let me first say that I am pretty happy with the current coaching staff. This is only for fun and is more of a what if question. Personally, there are quite a few coaches around the country that I admire and would be great additions to any staff. My list includes:

1) Mark Richt- if Tubberville ever left, he would be my first choice, but he will

probably never leave Georgia

2) Charlie Strong- bright coaching career ahead

3) Dan Hawkins- saw an ESPN special on him last year and really like his style.

4) Patrick Nix- Someday we will bring the Auburn boy home in some capacity

5) Rich Rodriguez- pretty classy guy and good coaching career ahead

6) Mack Brown- always been a gracious winner and stood tall in times of criticism

7) Ron Zook- many of you may disagree, but I believe he got a raw deal at

Florida. He really never was given a chance. I believe he has

potential and I like his upbeat personality.

Let me first say that I am pretty happy with the current coaching staff.  This is only for fun and is more of a what if question.  Personally, there are quite a few coaches around the country that I admire and would be great additions to any staff.  My list includes:

1) Mark Richt- if Tubberville ever left, he would be my first choice, but he will

3) Dan Hawkins-  saw an ESPN special on him last year and really like his style.

4) Patrick Nix-  Someday we will bring the Auburn boy home in some capacity

6) Mack Brown- always been a gracious winner and stood tall in times of criticism

Florida.  He really never was given a chance.  I believe he has

230434[/snapback]

The ones we've got - in perpetuity!!! :cheer:

I want the Bear!!!! if anything would make bammies madder it would be that lol....In reality...Tubbs and Co.... In terms of Baseball I want Joe Torre...and in terms of Basketball I want Phil jackson..That'll turn our programs around...oh and I think we should keep David Marsh he's starting to get results

Let me first say that I am pretty happy with the current coaching staff.  This is only for fun and is more of a what if question.  Personally, there are quite a few coaches around the country that I admire and would be great additions to any staff.  My list includes:

No gripe with Richt except that I prefer my coach to run to set up the pass.

Most overrated coordinator ever.

3) Dan Hawkins-  saw an ESPN special on him last year and really like his style.

Ask Arkansas how well the Boise St. connection works out.

4) Patrick Nix-  Someday we will bring the Auburn boy home in some capacity

He needs to prove himself first.

No gripes here.

God no. Whiner who squanders talent (hey Major Applewhite).

Florida.  He really never was given a chance.  I believe he has

230434[/snapback]

I, too, think Zook had an impossible job and was given a raw deal....but I don't want him guiding my team.

I too think Zook should've been given another year. Wasn't it his team that beat the '03 LSU NC team?

Screw the Yankees,  I'll take Bobby Cox or the Red Sox manager!

230444[/snapback]

Bobby Cox has won how many World Series with the Braves...or any other team in his major leage career? 1...The Red Sox manager? He's so memorable you don't even remember his name...Terry Francona has won 1. Joe Torre on the other hand won 4 in 5 years in the pressure in New York with Steinbrenner looking over his shoulder. You may want to win games and pennants, I'd rather win Championships

P.S.- Joe Torre has the most WS's of any modern era manager

230444[/snapback]

Bobby Cox has won how many World Series with the Braves...or any other team in his major leage career? 1...The Red Sox manager? He's so memorable you don't even remember his name...Terry Francona has won 1. Joe Torre on the other hand won 4 in 5 years in the pressure in New York with Steinbrenner looking over his shoulder. You may want to win games and pennants, I'd rather win Championships

230502[/snapback]

Ya I also hear the budget they have is pretty small right? :blink:

230444[/snapback]

230502[/snapback]

Ya I also hear the budget they have is pretty small right? :blink:

230505[/snapback]

OK, I'll play this game....

In 1996, the first year they won the Series, their starting pitchers were: Dwight Gooden, Jimmy Key, Andy Pettite, David Cone and Kenny Rogers. John Wetteland was their closer! The highest paid player was Ruben Sierra at 6.2M. 13 players were making more than a mill.

In 1998, their second Series: Cone, Orlando Hernandez, Hideki Irabu!!!, Pettite and David Wells. 16 Millionaires and Bernie Williams was highest paid at 8.3 M.

1999 3rd Series: 17 Millionaires, Bernie Williams 9.8M..Clemens, Cone, Hernandez, Irabu, Pettite.

2000 4th Series, 3rd in a row: 17 Millionaires, Bernie Williams 12.4M... Clemens, Cone, Hernandes, Pettite, and Denny Neagle.

Atlanta's 1995 Series Win featured:

Starting pitchers were: Steve Avery, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Kent Mercker, and John Smoltz. 11 Millionaires, Greg Maddux 6.5M. Seems to me like the 1995 ATL team was a lot alike in terms of financing compared to the 1996 Yankee team.

The 2000 Braves where they lost in the divisional round:

15 Millionaires, Maddux at 11M. Pitchers Andy Ashby, John Burkett, Maddux, Glavine, Kevin Millwood. (Seems to me like ATL had pretty much the same payroll as the 2000 Yankees)

Boston's 2004 Series Win featured:

24 Millionaires, Manny Ramirez making 20+M a year. And starters Bronson Arroyo, Derek Lowe, Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling, and Tim Wakefield.

And you'd still rather have Cox or Terry Fancona? Seems to me like Torre won with just as much as the Braves and even less than Boston. Your turn.

Isn't this a football question?

Plus, you decided to leave out the batters' salary. Why? Too steep to fit your argument. The Yankees are the axis of evil in baseball. Money talks, and in this case, money talks about championships.

With Borges, Muschamp, and others, Tuberville has convinced me that he knows how to pick coaches. Therefore, if and when he retires/leaves, I say let him recommend who replaces him. I feel confident he could find us a good one.

[...although it wouldn't surprize me if he picked Borges--but isn't CAB older than CTT? Won't CAB reach retirement age first?]

230434[/snapback]

You must be related to the guy. I agree with a previous poster. He is the most overrated coordinator to ever coach in the SEC. Spurrier carried him with his Fun and Gun. I don't think he will ever be an SEC head coach(always the bridesmaid.....never the bride.) He gets a "courtesy interview" at every SEC school that has an opening but never gets hired. I believe is days of opportunity are well passed him.

Dan Hawkins "style" would never fit in or produce winners in the SEC. The SEC is, for the most part, about smash mouth football, hard nose defense and running the ball. Hawkins is a finese guy that would rather talk to his players about "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, than get in their face, grab their facemasks and tell them to go knock someones head off.

With Borges, Muschamp, and others, Tuberville has convinced me that he knows how to pick coaches.  Therefore, if and when he retires/leaves, I say let him recommend who replaces him.  I feel confident he could find us a good one.

[...although it wouldn't surprize me if he picked Borges--but isn't CAB older than CTT?  Won't CAB reach retirement age first?]

230521[/snapback]

I'm with you, a LONG HEALTHY career with a retirement at the end.

Long live CTT!

Isn't this a football question?

Plus, you decided to leave out the batters' salary.  Why?  Too steep to fit your argument.  The Yankees are the axis of evil in baseball.  Money talks, and in this case, money talks about championships.

230514[/snapback]

I didn't' leave out batters....Bernie Williams is a batter, Manny Ramirez is a batter..I just listed the Starting Pitchers as a barometer....and because there are only 5 of them...I'm just lazy....Most of those Millionairs i mentioned were batters...Now the other reason I mentioned Pitchers is because looking at a rotation is a good indicator of a team's desire for star power. Curt Schilling and Pedro Martinez in the same rotation vs. the '96 Yankees rotation which had stars Dwight Gooden, Jimmy Key, Andy Pettite, David Cone and Kenny Rogers. How many of those in their high point of their careers could even compare to Schilling or Pedro in a down year? MAYBE Doc in the 80's. If you want I'll go back and list the '96 yankee's hitters such as World Series Hero Jim Leyritz or Wade Boggs. Moral of the story is that the Yankees didn't become the Axis of Evil until AFTER they won their championships and if they continue spending ways they won't win another one. They won their 4 championships because of Chemistry not Mega superstar bats like what they're trying to do now.

P.S. Football was never explicitly mention, only implied....

Archived