I need a history lesson.

crashman009

In this video from Aunews.net. it is a ESPN intro thing from 2004 about the AU-GA rivalry and I was wondering if someone could inform me about the 1st 2 or 3 plays it shows./the real old ones. Im sure one is of AUburn and one is of GA but one is of a nuber 64(Tucker Frederickson maybe?) and the other is a pass to a #88. could someone tell me if they are both AU or one is AU and the other is GA ? Its a good video too. I need to know to use in a future video. I dont want to use a clip that was bad for AU in a highlight video. http://aunews.net/frmVideo.aspx

thanks in advance :)

If it's what I'm thinking of (I can't get the vid to load for some reason), there's a very historic pass from Pat Sullivan to #88 Terry Beasley at UGA in their senior year, somewhere around '72 I think. If it's the pass I'm thinking of it's my dad's favorite college Auburn football memory.

I think the first clip was of a UGA player. From the look of the uniforms it seems to be from the 1940’s. I thought it may be UGA great RB Charley Trippi but he wore #62. The second clip was Auburn. I’m pretty sure it was from the 1957 season. In the clip the QB wore #44 and the WR wore #88. The QB in 1957 was Lloyd Nix #44 and Jimmy “Red” Phillips #88 was an All American WR in 1957.

that ga clip could be Frank Sinkwich (sp), uga's other heisman trophy winner.

231078[/snapback]

Frank was #21.

Archived