What is your favorite

BoJtrueAUman

04 LSU my last year at Auburn.

05 UGA wow thank God for Devin A.

01 UF I almost went for the goalposts but saw the guy in front of me destroyed by the troopers so i laid off of the celebration a bit

'82 Iron Bowl. There is no describing the feeling of watching Bo go over the top to immediately take away 9 years of frustration.

From the sheer excitement of the game though, the '94 Florida game was the most fun from start to finish.

01 Florida was just plain AUsome

04 LSWho was such a stressful game. It got so quiet when we missed that PAT the first time around

05 UGA was one of the most exciting football games I've ever seen. So much fun with all the lead changes

05 UGA...95,000 Dawgs fans going crazy on 3rd and long, then the stadium is vibrating on 4th down...Cox drops back, slings the ball down field...95,000 Dawg fans realizing the one and only receiver on the play is wide open, complete shock and disbelief... 95,000 Dawg fans in complete silence as the Tigers run down the clock to kick a game winning field goal.

1972-"Punt, Bama, Punt!!" 17-16....don't know how anyone alive at that time can vote for any other game!

231376[/snapback]

I was alive, but only 2.

1972-"Punt, Bama, Punt!!" 17-16....don't know how anyone alive at that time can vote for any other game!

231376[/snapback]

I was alive, but only 2.

231385[/snapback]

I realize I'm dating myself in this, and I wouldn't expect you young people to put that game on the same pedestal that we old folks do.

But lest I be accused of acting like a Bammer and living in the past, let me quickly add that '01 Florida, '04 LSU, and '05 Georgia were great ones too!

'04 LSU and '05 UGA... The feeling you get when we win a game like that is indescribable.

I remember '94 UF as well but was younger... it was one of those that helped instill my love for AU football though.

231376[/snapback]

No Doubt! The best, BY FAR....

The UGA game last year was great...and I was at that UF game for Duval's field goal...it was tremendous. The UGA game where Caddy ran wild in Athens, and we stopped em at the the goal line...great game.

The "Pass LS_WHO, Pass" game...I was there for that one too...unbelievable!

Gee...there are so many that could be second...but those amazin's...that was the numero uno! :)

:au::homer:

231376[/snapback]

I'm old enough.

I was there.

It was surreal: Bama No. 2 in the Nation. Back to the drawing board, Bryant.

Afterthought on "Punt, Bama, Punt"--

People tend to forget that there were THREE blocked kicks in that game: Roger Mitchell blocked an extra point. Otherwise, it probably ends in a tie.

I could name several but I will go with the first one to pop into my head. The 1986 Iron Bowl. Being a kid living in bammer country I had endured a lot of ridicule following the infamous kick in ’85. Auburn was coming off an upset loss to UGA ending their hopes for a SEC championship. Bammer on the other hand would tie for the title with LSU if they could beat Auburn (Alabama lost their head to head match up with LSU in 1986.) At the start of the fourth quarter Auburn trailed 17-7. Brent Fullwood scored on the first play of the first quarter to cut the margin to 17-14. Still trailing 17-14 late in the fourth quarter Auburn began a drive for the victory. The key play of the drive was a great catch by Trey Gainous of a Jeff Burger pass on 4th and 3 around midfield. A few plays later Lawyer Tillman scored on a reverse to put Auburn up 20-17. The irony was that the play was designed for back up Scott Bolton but Auburn could not get the time out called. I still remember the relief when Auburn banged home the PAT to go up 21-17. There would be no last second heroics for Van Tiffin in 1986.

I agree with all that have been mentioned so far, I'm glad the 1986 IB was memtioned. it was one of my favorites.

I would also add the '83 and '84 FSU games. They were TOTAL classics.

Have to be 93 Florida game. At home sticking it to "the ole ball coach".

9 - 7 Sugar Bowl over Michigan is a VERY close second.

31 -30 last year against dem dawgs.

I'm gonna have to throw in the '97 Iron Bowl, thank God for the offensive geniuses at Bammer for that one.

94 UF, 18 point underdogs and that game was intense from start to finish

231365[/snapback]

yep. i literally sat on the edge of my seat the entire game.

231376[/snapback]

I'm old enough.

I was there.

It was surreal: Bama No. 2 in the Nation. Back to the drawing board, Bryant.

231416[/snapback]

Afterthought on "Punt, Bama, Punt"--

People tend to forget that there were THREE blocked kicks in that game:  Roger Mitchell blocked an extra point.  Otherwise, it probably ends in a tie.

231453[/snapback]

I'm sure the young folks with no memory of the game get tired of us old guys talking about it, but it WAS surreal. I didn't have tickets to the game, being only a freshman, so stayed glued to the radio. I think I was at Toomer's almost before the final horn stopped sounding!

As you say, we tend to overlook the blocked extra point earlier in the game. It didn't seem significant at the time it happened.

The most surreal part to me was that the second blocked punt could almost have been an instant replay of the first. Who'd have thought Bear would leave the same hole in his protection two punts in a row? Who'd have thought the same guy, Bill Newton , would get in and get a hand on both kicks? Who'd have imagined the same guy, David Langner, would grab both loose balls, and manage to get both across the endzone?

I now return this thread to younger, newer stories (fade out..with Springsteen's "Glory Days" in the background. :big: )

Archived