Devin Finally Picked

aufan175

Isn't Devin from Miami anyway? That's cool. Perfect for him. You know Daunte loves throwing the deep ball, and what was DA primarily used for at Auburn? Yeah, the pieces are coming together... I hope he makes the team.

What is really confusing is to see LSU receiver Brazell taken ahead of any AU receiver. Brazell had a measly 13 receptions last year, less than Kenny Irons. Obomanu had 33 receptions, and even Mix had 23, and Prechae Rodriguez had 13. How can anyone prove themselves ready for the NFL with one reception per game?

Anyway, Go Dolphins!

What is really confusing is to see LSU receiver Brazell taken ahead of any AU receiver.  Brazell had a measly 13 receptions last year, less than Kenny Irons.  Obomanu had 33 receptions, and even Mix had 23, and Prechae Rodriguez had 13.  How can anyone prove themselves ready for the NFL with one reception per game?

Anyway, Go Dolphins!

233145[/snapback]

I thought the same thing when I saw Brazell listed. He never played much but has world-class speed, so maybe they saw untapped potential in him.

I have heard several "draft experts" say David Irons may go high in the '07 draft because he wasn't used as much even in his 6 years of eligibility, combined with his instincts.

I know that I may get blasted for this...but I wasn't suprised that Ben, Devin AND Anthony were drafted as low or went undrafted as they did. All 3 of these guys have been inconsistant from day one since they have been in Auburn. These guys have dropped a lot of passes over the years.

I am not saying I wasn't routing for them this past weekend, but there are a lot of good WR's out there. I think all 3 of them need to be more consistent in catching the ball before any of them make a professional team.

I think that the reality is that our receivers come out year after year way under prepared by Knox.

I will never forget when Tim Carter came out. He said he wondered why he hadn't been taught this stuff before. That he couldn't wait to get to the NFL and get some real coaching.

I think that the reality is that our receivers come out year after year way under prepared by Knox.

I will never forget when Tim Carter came out. He said he wondered why he hadn't been taught this stuff before. That he couldn't wait to get to the NFL and get some real coaching.

233309[/snapback]

Being #1 in the SEC in total offense just goes to show you how terrible our receiving coaching is :rolleyes:

233309[/snapback]

Being #1 in the SEC in total offense just goes to show you how terrible our receiving coaching is :rolleyes:

233313[/snapback]

Overall though I have to agree, the talent of our recievers has never been in question but I do remember each of them having a lot of dropped balls, especially in the LSU game, whether that is the receiving coach's fault or not I don't know but I do wish our receivers would be a little more surehanded.

233309[/snapback]

233313[/snapback]

Look, I hardly ever say anything negative about the coaching staff. I have always been positive about CTT, was positive about the Borges hire from day one...

knox is a great guy and a great recruiter, but our receivers aren't as prepared for the NFL as others. I am not so sure you can lay the dropped balls on knox, but the lack of technique and proper route running that every scout in the nfl noticed is on him.

When we had that great WR class four years ago did we think we would see two of them barely get drafted and one miss altogether?

And it is not that they are small or unathletic. Devon ran the second or third fastest forty time among all receivers at the combine. When Donte Stallworth did that a few years ago he moved from probable third rounder to middle of the first.

Aromashadu and Obomanu both fall behind a fourth string LSU guy who barley saw the field.

i am curious how would others explain this? (especially considering Tim Carter's comments)

233309[/snapback]

233313[/snapback]

I guess Auburn should try to be better than first in the Sec :big:

I'm seeing alot of good points... I thought our receivers were very consistent this year with the exception of the LSU game.

I guess I thought it was more of the fact that we tend to spread the ball out instead of just having one huge playmaker at WR.

Archived