Madonna booed at arts festival.

DKW 86

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193901,00.html

Hey, these folks finally do get the repulsiveness of the ultimate Material Girl. Finally, someone on the Left rejects Limousine Liberalism! :clap: I bet half of Hollyweird is now on their psychoanalysts' couch after this.

Madonna: No Woodstock Girl

If you ever wondered whether or not Madonna would have been a welcome performer at Woodstock, here’s the answer: No.

Madonna performed over the weekend at the Coachella Valley Music Festival in California, a famously Sixties-like music event where fans and performers mingle and everyone has a good time. How do they expect a Hollywood Liberal to mingle with the Proletariat? :lmao: Does this even sound like something our Madonna should have gotten herself involved in? Madonna? With the (PHONY) Brit accent, the (PHONY) facelifts and the (BOURGEOUSIE)servants? :lmao:

And so it was that Madonna was roundly booed by the Coachella audience after showing up late on stage in a small tent. She then performed only six songs really that no one has much affection for-- "Hung Up," "Get Together," "I Love New York," "Ray Of Light (2006 Version)," "Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Mix)," and "Everybody (2005 Version)." She slagged George Bush in one of them, but that’s to be expected. Don’t forget, she tossed him a live grenade in a video a couple of years ago.

And the impact has been felt on the Coachella message board, where Madonna’s reviews from the fans have been decidedly negative. As one wrote: “Anyone that shows up wearing $10,000 fake eyelashes to an arts festival, you know is mocking you already. But on the brightside, I was gonna decide on buying tix to her tour based on her performance sunday. Thanx Madonna for saving me cash.” Hey, this guy gets it!

At the very least, people are tired of paying top $$ for their concerts and then hearing the 'artist' bring up politics. Shut up and sing, as Laura Ingraham's book is titled,. I guess it sums up most everyone's attitude. When folks go to a concert, they want to be entertained, and not preached to. This wasn't an anti-war rally. This wasn't a anti Bush rally, it was a friggin concert, where folks go to hear good music and try to feel good about things, if only for a while. When artist bring in real world issues such as politics, they're working well outside their area of expertise. The fans don't care for it. Even hippie liberal fans in California. They want to party some, and forget the the price they paid for the ticket.

Doesnt she live in england? I mean if she isnt an american anymore why does she even GET to talk about politics?

I think its so funny that these hollywood liberals think people even care what their political views are...like they dont get ENOUGH attention already.

us "Old Hippies" know music.

Led Zep, Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, etc, etc

Madonna?

Yuppie muzak :no::no:

I suspect most of the actual booing at the concert had more to do with showing up late and performing a short lousy set than any political comment. The crowd would have probably been upset at any artist (and rightly so) that treated them with so little respect, regardless of the artist's politics.

Madonna?

Yuppie muzak  :no:   :no:

233489[/snapback]

I gotta agree with your tastes. Led Zep, Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd = music. Madonna= pop product.

[Although of course, all of the first four injected politics or religion into their music at one point or another. :rolleyes: ]

Madonna?

Yuppie muzak   :no:   :no:

233489[/snapback]

I gotta agree with your tastes. Led Zep, Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd = music. Madonna= pop product.

[Although of course, all of the first four injected politics or religion into their music at one point or another. :rolleyes: ]

234090[/snapback]

Well that's true, but our guys sounded a Hell of alot better.

and played much much better guitar.

:D

Madonna?

233489[/snapback]

234090[/snapback]

234142[/snapback]

Of course, our guys didn't dance as much, to which I say....THANK GOD! :big:

Madonna?

233489[/snapback]

234090[/snapback]

234142[/snapback]

234171[/snapback]

You Are Correct Sir

our guys knew how to play their instruments, these clowns not real sure which end of the guitar to hold.

Thank GOD for classic rock stations.

Madonna?

233489[/snapback]

234090[/snapback]

234142[/snapback]

234171[/snapback]

You Are Correct Sir

our guys knew how to play their instruments, these clowns not real sure which end of the guitar to hold.

234358[/snapback]

Which is why I love my XM radio. there about 7 stations that play the classic rock I like. Add all the sports talk, news talk, and MBL and NHL game coverage, then you can't beat it.

Madonna?

233489[/snapback]

234090[/snapback]

234142[/snapback]

234171[/snapback]

You Are Correct Sir

234358[/snapback]

Which is why I love my XM radio. there about 7 stations that play the classic rock I like. Add all the sports talk, news talk, and MBL and NHL game coverage, then you can't beat it.

234519[/snapback]

And, returning to my point about dancing--with XM radio you never have to be distracted by what the artist's video looks like!

Madonna?

233489[/snapback]

234090[/snapback]

234142[/snapback]

234171[/snapback]

You Are Correct Sir

234358[/snapback]

234519[/snapback]

And, returning to my point about dancing--with XM radio you never have to be distracted by what the artist's video looks like!

234543[/snapback]

Most of those video babes are a nice distraction. :rolleyes:

Madonna?

233489[/snapback]

234090[/snapback]

234142[/snapback]

234171[/snapback]

You Are Correct Sir

234358[/snapback]

234519[/snapback]

234543[/snapback]

Most of those video babes are a nice distraction. :rolleyes:

234786[/snapback]

Actually, you make a valid point that I hadn't considered! When the music sucks so badly, I guess it's good to have your attention drawn away from it. The eyes giving the ears a break, so to speak. :big:

Archived