Kevin Strickland finally writes another column...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Auburn’s Stanley McClover probably cost himself millions by his premature decision to enter the draft. An injury-free senior season on the Plains could have boosted the dynamic DE into the second round, instead of the bottom of the draft barrel seventh round pick he earned Sunday. The lesson? Unless you’re guaranteed to be among the first five picks, you’re better off staying in school.

I really hope any Auburn underclassmen thinking of leaving the plains early saw what befell Stanley and understand how much they have to gain with one more season.

Oh yeah and yes Mr. Strickland I agree much more Suzy :yes:

Less Michael Irvin

That should be mandated by the NFL powers that be for any given day anyway, not simply draft day IMO.

Below is an actual transcript from an NFL Today show in '04.

Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!

Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!

Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...

Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I"m say!  Aw mane!

Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!

Marino: What?

Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)

Sanders:  Aw mane!

Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

Auburn’s Stanley McClover probably cost himself millions by his premature decision to enter the draft. An injury-free senior season on the Plains could have boosted the dynamic DE into the second round, instead of the bottom of the draft barrel seventh round pick he earned Sunday. The lesson? Unless you’re guaranteed to be among the first five picks, you’re better off staying in school.

I really hope any Auburn underclassmen thinking of leaving the plains early saw what befell Stanley and understand how much they have to gain with one more season.

234029[/snapback]

And those same underclassmen should contrast Stan's fate with those of Caddy, Ronnie and Jason Campbell. Would any of these been a guaranteed 1st rounder at the end of 2003? (perhaps, maybe, one of the two running backs--but still, no guarantees) They all probably made $millions extra by sticking around for the 2004 season.

Ti I think this guy is spot on in everything he writes he needs to be at a major newspaper!

Excellent article, and I love this upper cut to a certain balding weather seer:

That Mel Kiper has managed to carve a substantial national career out of being completely wrong more often than not should give hope to all Birmingham weathermen who have Weather.com aspirations.

Archived