Chances of Winning the West

Longtrainn

east

UF runs the table- I think they will lose to AU or UGA or UT.....but not all of them

Lol, not sure how UF runs the table and loses to AU or UGA or UT...cause then they wouldn't be running the table...

:poke:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major
I think there's little doubt the Tigers will win the West again, whether it's  :au: or LSwho.  In the East, UGA is still the team to beat imo.  Still don't believe in the  :uf: hype and USC won't win it...yet.

Also, wanted to call Jenny on our victory in Red Stick...it was actually 1999, the Year of the Cigar.

234244[/snapback]

UGA has a new QB and lost another offensive weapon in the mammoth tight end whose name escapes me. While they will still be good, don't discount early season games at South Carolina and UT as easy wins.

Also, correcting Jenny will not earn you any bonus points. If she says 2000, then it was 2000.

I think there's little doubt the Tigers will win the West again, whether it's  :au: or LSwho.  In the East, UGA is still the team to beat imo.  Still don't believe in the  :uf: hype and USC won't win it...yet.

Also, wanted to call Jenny on our victory in Red Stick...it was actually 1999, the Year of the Cigar.

234244[/snapback]

UGA has a new QB and lost another offensive weapon in the mammoth tight end whose name escapes me. While they will still be good, don't discount early season games at South Carolina and UT as easy wins.

Also, correcting Jenny will not earn you any bonus points. If she says 2000, then it was 2000.

234279[/snapback]

Leonard Pope.

234244[/snapback]

234279[/snapback]

Arkansas has a slight chance at beating USC, considering half their team will be in court or already in Jail. 3 peat.......I wonder if that will be Sanchez's nickname in prison?

Hope Bama goes 0-12.

I hate Alabama and want you to hate them too......

We need the Defense to play like champs from day 1.  Am interested in hearing what everyone thinks of that.  We can't get pushed around inside like Wisconson did.

234240[/snapback]

Oh, trust me, I hate 'em! And wouldn't complain about 0-12.

But lately I find myself leaning toward a different kind of torture for 'em: With Shula's new raise and contract extention, I'd like to see them go on for the six years of his contract always finishing in the 7-5 to 9-3 range, (with us and Tennessee or LSU always contributing in the "L" column, of course)--just enough to get their hopes up, then leave them frustrated wondering why their "NFL bound" coach and "Heisman quality" recruiting can never quite get the job done. I'm afraid 0-12 might cause them to dump Flipper and stumble into a good coach. Plus, the Bama Excuse Show is one of the best comedy routines going, and watching them flirt with real success only to fall just short guarantees great laughs for years to come.

234244[/snapback]

234279[/snapback]

TMaj, if I am not correct, I am not correct. No decapitations. No loss of bonus points. I know it pains you to admit I have feet of clay, but get over the heroine worship, dude.

In this case, I was part right and part wrong. We WERE the last away team to win the game, and it WAS on my hubby's birthday, but it was in 1999, not 2000. We did win again in 2000, but it was in Jordan Hare.

While I was looking at the score record, I noticed that LSU and Auburn have played 10 times in the month of September since 1992. All games occurred between Sept 16 and 21. My hubby's birthday is September 18. Auburn is 7-4 against LSU in September for that weekend closest to September 18th. :big:

Here's to tradition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

UGA has a new QB and lost another offensive weapon in the mammoth tight end whose name escapes me.  While they will still be good, don't discount early season games at South Carolina and UT as easy wins.

Also, correcting Jenny will not earn you any bonus points.  If she says 2000, then it was 2000.

234279[/snapback]

I say UGA's the team to beat b/c they came thisclose to winning the East the last 4 years straight. All they needed was one last TD against UT in 2004. But I wouldn't be surprised if our trip to Columbia this year turns out to be an SECCG preview.

Also, thanks Jenny for letting me keep my head resting firmly on my shoulders, I rather like it that way. :D

UF being picked to win the East is nothing new.

Outside of 2004, UGA has never really been picked by a majority (some in 2003).

UF is the kind apparently of wrapping up the Pre-Season SEC East Title.

I dunno, UGA loses a lot but we lost our entire OL in 2003 and still won the East. Lost Pollack, Greene, Gibson, ext in 2005 and still won the East.

I think we have a good shot

UF being picked to win the East is nothing new.

Outside of 2004, UGA has never really been picked by a majority (some in 2003).

UF is the kind apparently of wrapping up the Pre-Season SEC East Title.

I dunno, UGA loses a lot but we lost our entire OL in 2003 and still won the East. Lost Pollack, Greene, Gibson, ext in 2005 and still won the East.

I think we have a good shot

234304[/snapback]

I agree with you on that. UGA was supposed to be in a MAJOR rebuilding mode last year and look what they did. I'm not sold on UF or UT just yet, so I think UGA goes to the SECCG again this year. Richt and co always seem to be able to reload (as has Auburn the last few years). I'm sorry Slink, as good as I think UGA will be this year, :au: will send them back from the SECCG with a buttwhoopin' (so there's my pick from the West; as if I'd pick someone else)

Guest Tigrinum Major
Also, thanks Jenny for letting me keep my head resting firmly on my shoulders, I rather like it that way.  :D

234303[/snapback]

She's mellowing in her old age.

LSU's losses at OL/DL will hurt them tremendously, imo. In addition, do they do a QB switch or stick to one QB? That could have a real effect on the team....ask DJ/Greene about that.

I still think in 2006 it is

1. AU

2. LSU

3. UA

234143[/snapback]

I agree with slink. (That is if UA is for ARKANSAS!) :D

Without disputing any of the foregoing, a couple additional points to consider:

1. Alabama travels to Fayetteville (and early - READ: little time for Mary Tyler What's-Her-Name to mature at QB).

2. From the SEC East, Alabama plays UF and UT, both on the road; Arkansas doesn't play UF or UGA, and gets UT at home. (Both also play Vandy, so that's a push.)

ADVANTAGE: Hogs.

1. :au: - Great talent; friendly schedule. (Could Muschamp be to '06 what Borges was to '04? If so, look out . . . )

2. :lsu: - Great talent; tougher schedule. (And I'm sure they've got some linemen who are ready to go, but can they get some consistency from all that backfield talent? And can they keep them healthy?)

3. :arky: See above.

4. :ua: Ditto

5. :om: Mostly because they're not MSU.

6. :msu:

I agree with you on that. UGA was supposed to be in a MAJOR rebuilding mode last year and look what they did. I'm not sold on UF or UT just yet, so I think UGA goes to the SECCG again this year. Richt and co always seem to be able to reload (as has Auburn the last few years). I'm sorry Slink, as good as I think UGA will be this year,  :au: will send them back from the SECCG with a buttwhoopin' (so there's my pick from the West; as if I'd pick someone else)

234306[/snapback]

Honestly, I think UF wins the East too.

But I think Meyer is still the most over-rated coach in the South

east

UF runs the table- I think they will lose to AU or UGA or UT.....but not all of them

Lol, not sure how UF runs the table and loses to AU or UGA or UT...cause then they wouldn't be running the table...

:poke:

234270[/snapback]

i was saying they will lose maybe one or two....but not all three........duh!

Also assuming that AU will beat both UGA and UF.

One or two losses is not running the table....duh!!  :D

234390[/snapback]

Ok UGA won the East this past year with two sec losses.........i would say finishing first in your division is running the table......im not saying running the table as in winning the SECCG....im saying as in GOING to the SECCG.

the colloquialism "running the table" means when a team goes undefeated....not when they achieve a level of success that is deemed successful....

example: Auburn "ran the table" in 2004....Bama did not "run the table" in 2005 despite doing much better than everyone thought

the colloquialism "running the table" means when a team goes undefeated....not when they achieve a level of success that is deemed successful....

example: Auburn "ran the table" in 2004....Bama did not "run the table" in 2005 despite doing much better than everyone thought

234410[/snapback]

whatever, talking to an AU fan is like talking to a brick wall....not all of you, but some of you.........USC won the national championship with a loss, do you not count them as running the table?

234410[/snapback]

whatever, talking to an AU fan is like talking to a brick wall....not all of you, but some of you.........USC won the national championship with a loss, do you not count them as running the table?

234415[/snapback]

No. "Running the Table" means NO LOSSES. :rolleyes:

234410[/snapback]

234415[/snapback]

What??? :blink::blink::blink:

Look Engineering in Bama must be really sad if you can't understand this..so i'm going to break it down. "Running the table" is a colloquialism that originates from billiards. A person in billiards "runs the table" when they break and then proceed to pocket every ball without giving his opponent a chance. When the game is over the person who "ran the table" has no balls left on the table. The person who had the table run on them has all of their balls left.

NOW, this doesn't REALLY correlate to college football. If the game of football was played as each time you scored you kept the ball and the winner won at 7 touchdowns then, yes, a team could actually "run the table" against another team.

When discussing "running the table" in terms of a season, the closest corollary would be a team going undefeated thus leaving all of their opponents with all of their "balls" left on the field. lol ;) .

If you wanted to be an ECE, you shoulda went to AU to get a real education. :poke:

now..."running a train" is completely different...

Guest Tigrinum Major

234410[/snapback]

234415[/snapback]

No, the term "running the table" comes from the game of pool, and means that a player makes all of their balls without missing a shot and not giving his opponent a chance at making a shot. It can be done on teh break or after the opponent misses a shot.

Therefore, "running the table" has come to mean "undefeated" in the context of other sports. Have you ever heard of a baseball team "running the table"? No, because it is impossible.

Hence, Auburn (and Utah) "ran the table" in 2004 and did not win the MNC because they did not win the BCS game. USC "ran the table" and the won the BCS game, so they were MNCs. USC did not "run that table" in 2003, but still was awarded the MNC by the AP, while LSU also did not "run the table" but won the BCS game in 2003.

By the way, running over to Crimson Tusks and whining about Auburn fans being closeminded because we are correcting you on your misuse of a term is not very becoming of you.

Archived