New NFL Commissioner

WarTiger

Thoughts???

Link

Gov. Bush confirms he's been approached about NFL commissioner job

Tallahassee, Florida (AP) — Florida Governor Jeb Bush says he was privately approached about his interest in becoming the NFL's next commissioner.

But he also notes that he already has a job, at least until the beginning of next year.

Bush is confirming that he discussed the NFL possibility at a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Senior whose brother co-chairs the search committee looking to replace the retiring Paul Tagliabue.

Bush says he told Rooney that he was not going to consider other things until his term as governor is up.

The governor has said he won't not run for president in 2008. His final term as governor ends in January, although he doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then.

Tagliabue announced in March he's retiring.

Although he originally set a July 31st deadline to be out of the job, he has indicated he's willing to stay on longer.

Well, he better find something to do. His screwup of a brother will prevent him from ever becoming Prez.

And btw, I thought Condoleeza Rice had expressed interest in the job. It sure would be a lot cooler to have a Bama fan run the NFL rather than Jeb. :P

Well, he better find something to do. His screwup of a brother will prevent him from ever becoming Prez.

And btw, I thought Condoleeza Rice had expressed interest in the job. It sure would be a lot cooler to have a Bama fan run the NFL rather than Jeb. :P

236817[/snapback]

trying to get those salaries in the NFL up to UAT level??? :poke::P

236817[/snapback]

It's one thing for a bammie fan or any old schmuck (but I repeat myself) to "take interest" in a potential job opening. It's a whole different animal when the potential employer approaches a specific person to take the job.

Not sure. Why don't you call up Gene Jelks and see?

236822[/snapback]

Are yall still paying him? :lol::poke:

236824[/snapback]

Nah, we've decided to buy out of the 2007 Florida State game next year instead. Isn't that an original idea?!?!

236822[/snapback]

236824[/snapback]

Nah, we've decided to buy out of the 2007 Florida State game next year instead. Isn't that an original idea?!?!

236828[/snapback]

Are you sure you don't mean replace Penn State?

236822[/snapback]

236824[/snapback]

236828[/snapback]

Are you sure you don't mean replace Penn State?

236841[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who my team plays.

We play the 'Noles on 9/29/07 in Jax.

http://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_sche...bama_future.htm

236822[/snapback]

Yeah, I believe he topped out the UAT salary cap in his Senior year.

What is UAT thinking putting Northern Illinois back on the schedule?? Dont they remember how well (oops, bad for them i guess) that worked out the last time???

What is UAT thinking putting Northern Illinois back on the schedule??  Dont they remember how well (oops, bad for them i guess) that worked out the last time???

236888[/snapback]

Say, aren't you living in the past? Consistency, pcola. Consistency.

Archived