I had not heard about this new rule

zeebish

Start the clock, hold on to your seat.

It's a rule in college football. Starting this season, the clock will start once the ball is placed in play after a change of possession.

Link

Tubs is apparently for it. I agree with Urban Meyer; we don't need to make the NCAA more like the NFL.

I really liked it the way it was. Curse you television contracts!

Zeebish

Start the clock, hold on to your seat.

It's a rule in college football. Starting this season, the clock will start once the ball is placed in play after a change of possession.

Link

Tubs is apparently for it. I agree with Urban Meyer; we don't need to make the NCAA more like the NFL.

I really liked it the way it was. Curse you television contracts!

Zeebish

238956[/snapback]

as a former high school football official I love it....as a fan of college football, i hate it. LOL. They did this in florida high school ball a few years ago, and it added about 30 minutes to our game times....we don't get paid by the hour....LOL...

So basically, once the ball is set and the whistle blows, the clock will start?

What REALLY irks me is that it seems to take freaking FOR-EV-ER for TV timeouts. I hate seeing the guy with the red hat.

Umm...shouldn't this take time away from the overall length of the game instead of adding more time. AUP, how the heck did it add 30 minutes? What were you zebras doing? :lol: In theory, this should limit the length of commercial breaks, but the actual TV timeouts will probably stay the same, wouldn't be surprised to see more TV timeouts negotiated to make up for the shorter commercial breaks between possesions. For non-televised games, the game should go much quicker.

Umm...shouldn't this take time away from the overall length of the game instead of adding more time. AUP, how the heck did it add 30 minutes? What were you zebras doing? :lol: In theory, this should limit the length of commercial breaks, but the actual TV timeouts will probably stay the same, wouldn't be surprised to see more TV timeouts negotiated to make up for the shorter commercial breaks between possesions. For non-televised games, the game should go much quicker.

238996[/snapback]

:o:banghead::bricks::headscratch::slapfh:

Ok...I goofed. Its a great rule from an officials standpoint, but an awful one from a fans standpoint. Yes, it will speed the game up, and I got it backwards....Oops...

Archived