Classless Remarks from Marc Broussard

OlderWhiskey

I attended the Alex City Jazzfest this weekend; the theme was New Orleans music, and one of the acts was Marc Broussard. While onstage, he toasted the "Auburn FG kicker", then boasted that the entire band were LSU Tigers. Furthermore, he pointed out, "We have microphones and you don't".

I will not be buying any Marc Broussard CDs.

i'm a huge marc broussard fan... met him several times, most recently the night before that jazz fest and he's a very nice guy as are the rest of the band. typical corndog, but i've also heard him say good things about AU onstage twice during '04.

just a little smack talk, don't let it bother you. LSU fans, as we know like to ruffle feathers, but mean no harm by it. Who cares about last year anyway, we are gonna kill them this year and win the SEC! Hopefully the national title is in the picture this year.

Yep.

We should only listen to music by Auburn Fans. Only buy products by companies owned by Auburn alumni. Only eat food cooked by former AU Guthries employees (maybe former Strutting Duck employees too.)

Yep.

We should only listen to music by Auburn Fans. Only buy products by companies owned by Auburn alumni.  Only eat food cooked by former AU Guthries employees (maybe former Strutting Duck employees too.)

240108[/snapback]

I agree with that. I hate buying anything from those communist bammer idiots. Given the choice, I frequent AU people instead of bammers.

I don't have to listen to the guy's music. If he wants to rip on AU at an event that close to campus, I won't listen to his crap. If I had any of his CDs, I'd mail them back to him with WAR EAGLE written across the front.

Never heard of this guy. Have no idea who he is, so, Why do we care what this guy says or thinks?

Wouldn't know him if I seen him or heard him...I listen to Dream Theater type stuff. :thumbsup:

Never heard of this guy. Have no idea who he is, so, Why do we care what this guy says or thinks?

240132[/snapback]

Lol I was thinking the same thing, no idea who he is either.

Yep.

We should only listen to music by Auburn Fans. Only buy products by companies owned by Auburn alumni.  Only eat food cooked by former AU Guthries employees (maybe former Strutting Duck employees too.)

240108[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan...where do I sign up? ;)

:au::homer:

Who?

240166[/snapback]

Awwwwwwwwww...I was gonna say that. :lol:

:au::homer:

He has no room to talk, he are two of his biggest fans at his concert in Louisana....

14azfhy.jpg

This picture never gets old

Cool two Dream Theater fans,I guess I not alone in the world...but it shure feels like it in Wedowee Alabama.I'm a guitar nut....I actually won the guitarmeggadon in Atlanta in Guitar center.(last year)..I got to the semifinals.Well I only mention that because usually if your a DT fan you probably play an instrument.

Shredding and college football that's what I do...War Eagle to ya.

Two words about the smack talk, WHO CARES! The guy could not have been that serious about it, just laugh it off. I'm sorry, but there are a few people on this board who cry way too much about what some Alabama fan said to them or what someone else said to them. Who cares, be the better man about it, don't cry about it, that just makes us look stupid, it's just a game, it's not life or death.

Fear the thumb? That is actually what I used when someone came up to me after the Capital One Bowl when school was back after Christmas Break(though the guy really is a jacka$$). I've had people tell me at work during the winter months when I am coming into work(Publix associate for almost a year, and I desperately want a new job, no offense to the company) or leaving with my Auburn sweatshirt on that I am wearing the wrong sweatshirt, but I don't care, I know they're not serious about it and I just laugh it off and say it's the way I was raised, or something like that. Again, crying about someone saying that Auburn sucks just makes Auburn fans look immature, and if the person is being serious about it, then they are one sad human being. Just carry on with your own business, and if someone is really being a jerk, just remember this quote from the great epic, Harold And Kumar Go To Whitecastle,"The universe usually has its way with the morons."

just a little smack talk, don't let it bother you.  LSU fans, as we know like to ruffle feathers, but mean no harm by it.  Who cares about last year anyway, we are gonna kill them this year and win the SEC!  Hopefully the national title is in the picture this year.

240103[/snapback]

Do it on the field fellas. That's what I talkin' about.

We will win the National Championship this year.

suck. i have no idea what 'dream theater' is. oh, well. :(

never heard of this Broussard guy either. doesn't really bother me. if i had my own band i would rip on the crimson tide every single set i played. and i'd love it. :)

I find it funny how some people here will talk soo much smack about Alabama, etc.. and then when something is said about Auburn, it is automatically "classless.".. LOL.. Get over it.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Cool two Dream Theater fans,I guess I not alone in the world...but it shure feels like it in Wedowee Alabama.I'm a guitar nut....I actually won the guitarmeggadon in Atlanta in Guitar center.(last year)..I got to the semifinals.Well I only mention that because usually if your a DT fan you probably play an instrument.

Shredding and college football that's what I do...War Eagle to ya.

240379[/snapback]

If you live in Wedowee, you probably feel very alone if you are into anything progressive or a little bit outof the mainstream of rural Alabama.

Don't you love the Harold Harmon commercials on WELR?

I love Harold to death, but I wish he would lay off singing in public.

Archived