So dogpound, tell us about MSU, Starkvegas...

DKW 86

Tell us about all things :msu:

241047[/snapback]

Well....some visitors will tell you that Starkville is a one-horse, desolate pit. Having spent two semesters there, I can tell you that it most certainly is NOT.

There are some beautiful women and good times to be had. It's like most any small, mostly rural area: you have to get creative. And boy did I (thus, my less than triumphant return to GA).

I was underage (with no fake ID) during my time there, so I can't vouch for the bar scene, but there are plenty of frat parties and whatnot to attend.

Well....some visitors will tell you that Starkville is a one-horse, desolate pit.  Having spent two semesters there, I can tell you that it most certainly is NOT.

There are some beautiful women and good times to be had. 

241063[/snapback]

Now that you have made me laugh, go ahead and tell the truth. Unfortunately, I've been there and actually spent the night in the motel there. It was for a Blue Angels airshow. I sure the heck was not going to go there for a football game when all the poodle dog fans were there.

I believe there's Harvey's to eat at and a deli...and well, that's about it.

241080[/snapback]

You actually ate inside the city limits and you lived to tel about it? Wow!

Tell us about all things :msu:

241047[/snapback]

Well....some visitors will tell you that Starkville is a one-horse, desolate pit. Having spent two semesters there, I can tell you that it most certainly is NOT.

There are some beautiful women and good times to be had. It's like most any small, mostly rural area: you have to get creative. And boy did I (thus, my less than triumphant return to GA).

I was underage (with no fake ID) during my time there, so I can't vouch for the bar scene, but there are plenty of frat parties and whatnot to attend.

241063[/snapback]

Thought all the good looking women in MS went to Ole Miss and the rest went everywhere else.

easy, easy....

The first time I visited starkville (1986) it WAS a one-horse town with very little going on, and this was back when the drinking age in MS was 19.

When I went back in 2004, I was amazed at how the town had grown. In all honesty, Starkville now, is much like Auburn was back in the late 80s. Still a small, slow-paced town that is very dependent upon the university.

Back when I traveled for my company, I stayed in the starkvegas/columbus Ms. area about every three weeks. GREAT steaks to be had @ "Cappy's" in starkvegas and the "Hickory Pit" in Columbus. :thumbsup:

Back when I traveled for my company, I stayed in the starkvegas/columbus Ms. area about every three weeks. GREAT steaks to be had @ "Cappy's" in starkvegas and the "Hickory Pit" in Columbus.  :thumbsup:

241123[/snapback]

I thought it was the "Hickory House" in Columbus....

Back when I traveled for my company, I stayed in the starkvegas/columbus Ms. area about every three weeks. GREAT steaks to be had @ "Cappy's" in starkvegas and the "Hickory Pit" in Columbus.  :thumbsup:

241123[/snapback]

241137[/snapback]

You may be right Stoic. I have never been accused of having a great memory. :)

241123[/snapback]

241137[/snapback]

You may be right Stoic. I have never been accused of having a great memory. :)

241146[/snapback]

Quick Tim, who blocked the two punts against Bammer in '72?

Archived