Another Bama tradition?

quietfan

Look. to be very truthful about it we ALL have our tradition (tradishun in UAT's case). That is what truly makes college football so much better than the number two alternative!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again i ask...i sit at these tailgates on the quad...i hang out with hundreds and thousands of bama fans, i sit next to a new group of bama people at EVERY SINGLE GAME...and NOBODY talks about coach bryant.

242329[/snapback]

But yet you listen to him mumble a few quotes that no one can understand during your pregame.

242335[/snapback]

... How about UCLA and Wooden? Check. Believe me, I was at the bama/ucla game this year...they still love that man. Funny enough, i had more than one UCLA fan come up to me and start talking about coach bryant. Man those UCLA fans sure wont let coach bryant die!

242338[/snapback]

Using John Wooden isn't helping your case any. For one thing -- he's still ALIVE! Even at 94, he's still booking speaking events. He's authored or co-authored something like 17 books on coaching, leadership, basketball, etc. He's a true living legend who's coaching accomplishments will probably never be surpassed. Also, his exploits were all accomplished above board with not even a hint of corruption or cheating. Oh & btw, the reason the UCLA fan started talking about Bryant is because it is well known (outside bammie circles) that all you people ever talk about is Bear Bryant! He was just trying to be polite and make you feel at ease. :lol::lol:

I was a senior in high school when bammer won the ’92 national championship. There was a guy in my class that had a national championship sweatshirt with Bear Bryant’s face on the front. I wondered why would you put a guy who hasn’t coached a game in 10 years on the front of a national championship sweatshirt. The guy who owned the sweatshirt went on to graduate from AU with his doctorate in pharmacy.

Two links that really bring it on home.....

Chaos

Mayhem

242333[/snapback]

Well now, I guess it isn't just AU people who recognize the OBSESSIVE/COMPULSIVE behavior of the bammies.

You know, the thing about great satire is that there has to be an element of truth for it to work out right. The M Zone Blog nailed that one! WDE :au:

242339[/snapback]

I'm not sure I'd talk about being obsessive when the first four threads in this forum are about Bama. I don't think you'll see that on a Bama board. But, y'all go right ahead. I was 15 once.

BamaGrad03,

I've never responded to anything you've ever said...I don't post much here. But dude, your arguments are OBVIOUSLY weak and you need to just gracefully bow out of this thread. The prosecution has already rested with a mountain of evidence.

war eagle

thank God for Auburn men and women

Guest Tigrinum Major
Again i ask...i sit at these tailgates on the quad...i hang out with hundreds and thousands of bama fans, i sit next to a new group of bama people at EVERY SINGLE GAME...and NOBODY talks about coach bryant.

242329[/snapback]

But yet you listen to him mumble a few quotes that no one can understand during your pregame.

242335[/snapback]

Yep...you hit it...we are obsessed! There's no AU video anywhere with pat dye on it? And why is it that people wear bo jackson jerseys?

What about Kentucky? You think they have any promotional video with Rupp? I know they do. How about UCLA and Wooden? Check. Believe me, I was at the bama/ucla game this year...they still love that man. Funny enough, i had more than one UCLA fan come up to me and start talking about coach bryant. Man those UCLA fans sure wont let coach bryant die!

242338[/snapback]

Personally, I have no problem with your honoring the best coach you've ever had. My point is that you act like no Bama fan ever utters his name and Auburn folks are the only ones beating the drum. Not so. Both fanbases have an, ahem, interest in the man, for far different reasons.

Don't act like his name never passes your lips.

BamaGrad03,

I've never responded to anything you've ever said...I don't post much here.  But dude, your arguments are OBVIOUSLY weak and you need to just gracefully bow out of this thread.  The prosecution has already rested with a mountain of evidence. 

war eagle

242369[/snapback]

Why are my arguments weak? No one has even addressed the bo jackson jersey argument. No one wants to touch the fact that none of my friends or any of the people i see on gameday talk about him...where's the mountain of evidence? some idiot with a tat? a couple of houndstooth hats? Ignoring my points doesnt render them invalid.

And TM...let me put it this way...I spend WAY more time defending my position to AU fans who bring him up than I do talking about about him on my own. What does that tell you?

Guest Tigrinum Major

And TM...let me put it this way...I spend WAY more time defending my position to AU fans who bring him up than I do talking about about him on my own. What does that tell you?

242379[/snapback]

You hang out in good company?

BamaGrad03,

I've never responded to anything you've ever said...I don't post much here.  But dude, your arguments are OBVIOUSLY weak and you need to just gracefully bow out of this thread.  The prosecution has already rested with a mountain of evidence.  

war eagle

242369[/snapback]

Why are my arguments weak? No one has even addressed the bo jackson jersey argument. No one wants to touch the fact that none of my friends or any of the people i see on gameday talk about him...where's the mountain of evidence? some idiot with a tat? a couple of houndstooth hats? Ignoring my points doesnt render them invalid.

242379[/snapback]

It means you have +6k posts on an AU board. Nothing obsessive about that behavior. :P

For the record, that is not a 'simple tat' -- it covers his entire back! I don't have any tattoos at all so I don't know how much they cost, but someone once speculated that a tattoo of that size would have to cost a couple of grand. I'm no psychological expert but brother, ... that ain't normal college football fan behavior. I have NEVER seen this before at any football game I've ever attended. The same could be said for the Fairy Bear display. I am simply amazed at what kind of mind it takes to think up these things. :no::au: WDE

Looky here!!! I found ANOTHER bama tradition: Ignorance

Found this comment on "CTT's" MySpace page. Seems Bob's middle finger is some sort of weapon of mass destruction. Don't know how he'd use it what with that heavy white robe and hood on.

KKKbammer.jpg

Whos the idiot for approving him as a friend?

And do you REALLY want to get into white robes and universities discussion?

242449[/snapback]

I dont think the Bammers want to get into that discussion. The Bammers have had their own share of racial problems, even in recent years. Would you like me to show you a list of the racial problems UAT has had in recent years?

My point was obviously lost on you.

242548[/snapback]

You had a point? Quick!..Stop the presses! :D:poke:

SPUAT has adopted new music to come out and warm up to when playing at Jordan Hare West.

42d54ebb-94ca-4119-ad89-555f8439952.jpg

242593[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::poke:

SPUAT has adopted new music to come out and warm up to when playing at Jordan Hare West.

42d54ebb-94ca-4119-ad89-555f8439952.jpg

242593[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::poke:

242709[/snapback]

Good album though.

Archived