Cox takes control at Auburn

DKW 86

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p...SPORTS/60708003

370113.jpg

Picture is from Rivals

I have seen some commenting that he looks like Christopher Reeve when he played Superman.

Christopher_Reeve_Superman10.jpg

For all the Wasabi Princesses and Goddesses here on AUNation...

Cox takes control at Auburn

By Jay G. Tate

Montgomery Advertiser

AUBURN — Brandon Cox is a quarterback. He’s a leader.

Yet, it’s clear something is different these days on the Plains. The junior struts around with a laminated sheet of plays tucked into his shorts, barking orders like a coach.

That’s because he is.

It’s summer. These are voluntary workouts.

“We know who the boss is around here,” senior wideout Courtney Taylor said while nodding his head toward Cox, who is preparing for his junior season. “He’s a natural. You’d think he does this all year, like it’s Brandon’s team. He wants to win. He won’t let us sit around too much. He wants to win. Bad.”

Auburn’s spring practice period ended in April, but that meant little to the players who want to play this fall. They continued their in-season weightlifting programs until the spring quarter ended.

Then they took some time off.

Three days.

“If you’re going to be a player at a big-time program, there’s no room for off days or off periods,” Cox said. “Everybody else is out there running and getting in better shape year-round. Washington State is doing it. We’d better be doing the same thing.”

Dang. Just... dang.

I remember how I felt the first time I saw David Carr play. I was so impressed at how talented he was and wondered why he wasn't at a bigger school.

Then I saw him take his helmet off.

:eek2:

This is the first current picture of Brandon I have seen. I know I am already impressed with his talent.

:eek2: :eek2:

I am a dirty old woman. Old enough to be his momma.

Don't care... :big:

All that, and leadership too. Sounds like a PACKAGE I can get on board with!! Err, uh... SUPPORT!! :lol:

Jenny - head out of the gutter....

He sounds like he is assuming his role at the helm of the offense more and more each year. Work 'em hard Brandon!

What's the most impressive about this article is the respect he is getting from his teammates, especially from people like Courtney Taylor. To win championships and go undefeated (see 2004), there must be team chemistry. It's apparent that we have it on offense. If we have it on defense, I think we have a chance to compete for it all.

Glad to know we now have a LEADER on and off the field....GO GET EM BRANDON!!!!

Waiting to see what BoJTruAUMan says about that pic. I think her last comment was that he was "totally lickable."

I have been Brandon Cox fan since he signed... With exception to the first game he played as good as possibly expected. I beleive he's a BIG time QB with decision making, control, leadership, and all the skills to lead a team to championships. I beleieve he's going to come out this year and display what type of player and person he really is.

EC

I have been Brandon Cox fan since he signed... With exception to the first game he played as good as possibly expected.  I beleive he's a BIG time QB with decision making, control, leadership, and all the skills to lead a team to championships.  I beleieve he's going to come out this year and display what type of player and person he really is.

EC

246176[/snapback]

WOW! That is cool. It's so different these days having the inside scoop with just a click.

I hope that is the last time I ever read that word on this forum again.

246167[/snapback]

LMFAO!!!! I just about covered my monitor in diet Dew with that one! The people outside my office looked in here like I was / am nuts :blink::big:

Waiting to see what BoJTruAUMan says about that pic. I think her last comment was that he was "totally lickable."

246164[/snapback]

It'll be bad...She can make me blush!

Dang.  Just... dang.

I remember how I felt the first time I saw David Carr play.  I was so impressed at how talented he was and wondered why he wasn't at a bigger school. 

Then I saw him take his helmet off. 

:eek2:

This is the first current picture of Brandon I have seen.  I know I am already impressed with his talent.

:eek2: :eek2:

I am a dirty old woman.  Old enough to be his momma. 

Don't care... :big:

All that, and leadership too.  Sounds like a PACKAGE I can get on board with!!  Err, uh... SUPPORT!!  :lol:

246146[/snapback]

Sorry to disappoint you Jenny, but he has a girlfriend. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived