NCAA 07 Question

PChamp119

For those of you who have played the Demo or have actually bought the game (if it has come out yet today), do the controls allow you to play with the 2005 version? Like 06 had 06, 05 and like 1 or 2 other settings for controls. So I wasn't sure if the 07 version would still have 05 controls. I can't juke using the analogs on the PS2. Any information would be helpful, thank you

i got the game last nite, but i didn't try to change the settings. the instruction manual shows JUKE using the analog stick and doesn't say anything about changing the settings. sorry.

i only made it through half a game before i had to go to sleep, but it's pretty sweet.

For those of you who have played the Demo or have actually bought the game (if it has come out yet today), do the controls allow you to play with the 2005 version? Like 06 had 06, 05 and like 1 or 2 other settings for controls. So I wasn't sure if the 07 version would still have 05 controls. I can't juke using the analogs on the PS2. Any information would be helpful, thank you

249155[/snapback]

you can change the controls from default to "classic" which is just like 06. They changed the defensive controls on PS2 for switch player(used to be X is now O), and sprint(used to be O now its X, I think they did this so X is always sprint). You can still juke with L1 and R1 with the new controls, but I'm not sure if it's a full juke. Also they added a control that lets you cover the ball and put your head down to ram the defensive player(when running the ball, right analog stick forward. It's gonna take a while to get used to, but I'm gonna try to do it because I think you do lose some of the new controls if you use the classic style.

hope this helps

I sure hope the game is more realistic than in years past. I hate it when you are on defense and the guy you play online throws up bombs all day and complete the passes more often than not. I also hate how you can blitz on defense all day long and kill the offensive line. QB doesn't have time to even look much less make a read and throw. There are a few other weaknesses that bother me but I will not get into them. Do other people who play the game have gripes or no?

Some interesting things I noticed...

Michael Goggans is our highest rated TE...

Ben Tate has the speed of Kenny and the strength of Carl Stewart...and is an 83 which is real good for a freshman.

Tre Smith is an 88 overall...go figure

The two biggest changes I noted in gameplay were:

1) It's much harder to kick this year - I beat WSU 17-0 in the opener, but mainly went for it on 4th and short in Cougar territory because I couldn't kick - it's a different kick meter than previous games and everything inside 53, 54 yards IS NOT a gimme this year. I was estatic that I hit a 44-yarder with no wind.

2) Punt returns are weird - it puts you on the field, severely limitating your vision (but anyway, if you're returning a point, you don't have a birds-eye view anyway.) Bigger returns are probably harder to come by, but it's tough to look ahead of you, see if you need to call a fair catch, etc.

I kinda like the new slow down thing on catches, where they actually dive or try and make one handed grabs. Though it might get annoying later.

I kinda like the new slow down thing on catches, where they actually dive or try and make one handed grabs. Though it might get annoying later.

249377[/snapback]

yeah, that is pretty cool. i can tell a difference in being tackled too. it seems that KI was able to fall forward and pull away from tacklers more than in previous games. before, if i got hit at the line, i got nothing. at least i can fall forward for a yard or 2 now. of course, i only played 1 game last night when i got it.

oh, i'm 28 years old since fan1234 was curious. i got a ps2 in august 2003 for the sole purpose of playing NCAA college football. i've heard there were other games available for it, but i haven't seen them. :D

im 28 just got the game, new 07 buttons a frustrating, im determine to learn them this year.

field goals are hard but more realistic, to kick a long fg u have to aim lower which brings the dline into play.

so far i have only got one game in and i like this version so far and couple of drills, these drills are hard

havent played online yet and i have the ps2 version

Archived