Anyone heard about a WJOX retraction today?

DKW 86

Just interested...I am hearing that another rumor from TI was stated on another Jox radio show and is now being retracted too.

We have all heard about the Scott McKinney/98.1 "The Ticket" retraction to the "NCAA undercover agents working four years as AU Grad students" rumors. He really embarassed himself by repeating some total crap off of TI on a radio show. This is the post he repeated....

Attention SEC fans:

I cannot disclose much (for now), but I thought you might be interested in knowing that what you have heard and read about Auburn University's football program over the last few days is only the tip of the iceberg.

I'm going to let you in on something that very few people in the world know about right now. When I say "very few," I'm talking less than 100. Fact is, ladies and gentlemen, the NCAA has utilized undercover investigators who have been posing as graduate students on Auburn's campus since early 2002. I cannot disclose the specifics of what they have uncovered, but believe me when I say that it is shocking. When I say "shocking," I'm saying that this will be a 2 or 3-part series of 48 Hours or Dateline within the next year. There are massive amounts of documents, recorded conversations, and incriminating photographs and videotapes of numerous individuals within the Auburn athletic department committing numerous transgressions. The investigation has been appropriately been nicknamed the "Auburn mess" by those few very individuals in the know.

Think I'm kidding . . . wait and see.

That is all. For now.

Deep Throat 6

Just remember, this was stated as fact by a talk show host. He was also the one guaranteeeing "Tebow to Bama" btw.

Wow, the Auburn Mess...they certainly took a lot of time and wit making that up... :rolleyes:

That was why I am asking, I am trying to verify. I just sent WJOX an email. Wondered if anyone was listening today?

you know who that sounds like, one of the regular stooge prop callers

to PF.

They know the best way to cause distractions is just start some wild rumor,

doesn't matter if it's not true.

Talk radio serves no useful purpose

you know who that sounds like, one of the regular stooge prop callers

to PF.

They know the best way to cause distractions is just start some wild rumor,

doesn't matter if it's not true.

Talk radio serves no useful purpose

251628[/snapback]

Sure it does. Without talk radio, WHAT would uaters do between trips to the welfare office and leveling their "homes"? :D

Keep us in the loop on this one DKW. I'm intrested to see their response back to you.

We posted this for a good laugh a week ago and these guys are using it as breaking news. Woodward and Bernstein I reckon.

Sorry I didnt get it here first. The response was a curt "No, Sir." But on reflection he might have thought I was asking about a "News" retraction instead of a host retraction.

I will try again aand see what happens. Be more specific this time.

Archived