When you think of Saturdays in the Fall...

DKW 86

getting to the tailgate spot and opening a cold one.

scoping out all the coeds.

visiting with the folks who sit around us in JHS.

watching the eagle fly.

enjoying the tigers taking care of business on pat dye field.

makes the traffic jam getting out of AU all worth it!

I cant read this thread anymore... A stroke is near approaching due to the excitement of football season being so close :blink:

I cant read this thread anymore...  A stroke is near approaching due to the excitement of football season being so close  :blink:

252384[/snapback]

me neither. i swear i just saw CTT walk through my living room holding up 4 fingers. :big:

I don't get to make it to many games, so my Fall Saturdays are a ritual at home.

I don't use an alarm clock, because my dogs wake me up when they need to go outside, which is generally around 8 am.

I put on my old ragged khaki and blue :au: hat that I have had since 1992. I then turn on the TV and start watching Gameday, even though Corso gets on my nerves. I then look at the TV schedule for the day to see whatt games I want to watch before our game comes on. I also read through the high school scores from the night before. I usually call or get a call from my dad or brother or both to go over the high school scores and then talk about the upcoming day's college games. My loving wife is still asleep.

I then verify my supply of snacks for the day. If I am short something, I then wake up my wife to make to make a quick early morning run to the grocery story. My gameday snacks always include chicken wings covered in Texas Pete Wing Sauce, cheese cubes, celery, ranch dressing. My wife usually adds to that depending on my mood or what she grabs at the store. She will make a great taco dip a few times during the season to eat on all day. Wings usually don't go into the oven until about an 30 minutes before AU's game time that way they are ready when the first quarter is almost over and I have settled down a little from the start of the game. I try to have at least one get together with family and friends in which I will cookout ribs or a smoked Boston butt.

My #32 Russell Atheltics game jersey is gotten out of the closet and hung up in the doorway between the kitchen and living room until gametime, then it goes on my body. That jersey has only been worn outside the house for "jersey days" at the place I use to work. Otherwise, it stays in the house because I think grown men wearing jerseys in public is silly (unless you are actually on the team), but what I do inside my house is my business. :lol: I also make my wife put an an old orange AU tee shirt of mine that I am too fat to wear now. If things are not going good during the game, I may swap hats a few times thinking that somewhow that will help us out. :D

Depending on the outcome of the game, depends on the rest of my day. If we win, I go outside and let out a War Eagle towards my bammer neighbor and watch as many highlights as I can and don't go to bed until Gameday Final has aired. If we lose, my wife says I "sulk like a baby" and I usually go to bed early, not caring about any highlights and Gameday Final. I don't take to losing very easy, even if I am not playing. I have always been like that and that is one of my few bad personality traits I guess. :lol: That is why I can't coach my son until I get older. I am not made to coach young kids, I'll make them cry.

Hey David, set that canopy up and I'll be there, I am not a big beer drinker (did not have my first taste of alchohol until I was 27 and never have acquired the taste for regular beer), but I will bring me a couple of Smirnoff Ices and drink them. But, we may have to lay off the meds for a few hours or our wives will be pouring us back into our respective beds.

If we lose, my wife says I "sulk like a baby" and I usually go to bed early, not caring about any highlights and Gameday Final. I don't take to losing very easy, even if I am not playing. My girl says the same thing about me, why is it they assume we are sulking like a baby if we don’t want to watch the painful replay of the suffering we have already witnessed. . . .well I ahve to admit I do sulk a little bit when we lose.

252418[/snapback]

On to gameday, waking up early to get everything pack and until this season living close enough to watch the first part gameday before leaving.

Talking to my father about the up coming game, man has supernatural abilities when he says Auburn will win today I can bank on it. He has done it to me a bunch and each time a victory. The man watched the 04 LSU with me in JHS and had told me that morning they would win. He sat in his seat cheering total calm just kept telling this very pale gentlemen in front of us not to worry we will win this game all through the 4th quarter. When we scored he just looked at me and smiled saying “you can get the color back in your face now its as good as done.”

Walking to the front of Plainsmen Park to watch Tiger Walk before heading back to tailgate.

I am so ready for football and the NIP to get here, he who started this thread is evil just evil.

first and for most I think about 86,000+ filling the campus with the smell of grills cooking hotdogs, hamburgers, and beer. Then I picture hot steamy people walking around shouting "WAR EAGLE" to every stranger they see. I also picture masses of people chanting cheers. It is awesome and all starts in 4 weeks.

WAR EAGLE BABY!

For me it is the tailgating before games that start at 9am.

It is watching that Gameday show on ESPN with hundreds of people while drinking at 1030am and getting ready for the 230 or nightime game.

I like the way you start seeing folks with AU flags on their cars on Monday before the first game.

When you finally get your tailgate set up and you sit down under your tent and crack open a Co-Cola....sit there in the cool morning fall breeze....and you can hear the band rehearsal off in the distance.

That first time you have to debate whether to wear your short sleeve shirt or your sweatshirt to the game because of the cool weather....and you opt for the short sleeves with flask instead... :D

I also like when visiting fans try to find a parking place a mere 4 hours before the game thinking they are getting there early. There is no parking at AU on a NORMAL day...forget it on Saturday unless you staked out your tailgate spot a day in advance.

I remember when tailgaters used to stake spots on Wednesday! And during Iron Bowl week on Monday....by Friday people were parking on grass to go to class because there were just too many people there already for the cops to do anything....

Ah......I can't wait!

I remember when tailgaters used to stake spots on Wednesday! And during Iron Bowl week on Monday....by Friday people were parking on grass to go to class because there were just too many people there already for the cops to do anything....

I remember when they allowed RV's on the concourse.

You'd be walking from your class at Haley to your class at Parker, and you had to walk through mass of tailgaters. I usually would go chill with them, and have a beer between classes!

Now THAT was awesome.

Archived