You cant spell thug without UT

DKW 86

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/govols/article...4883086,00.html

UT player charged with aggravated assault

By RANDY KENNER, kenner@knews.com

July 31, 2006

A University of Tennessee football player has been charged with aggravated assault after allegedly pointing a toy weapon at another motorist on Interstate 40 Sunday.

The other driver turned out to be a law enforcement officer.

Marsalous Johnson, a 20-year-old defensive back from Smyrna, was charged in Putnam County and was being held on a $10,000 bond.

He appeared in court Monday morning and his case was continued to Sept. 6, according to Putnam County authorities.

Johnson, a redshirt freshman, was expected to provide depth at cornerback this fall.

According to a warrant Johnson was traveling east on I-40 when he became upset with another driver, Michael Hoover, who is listed as a Tennessee Wildlife Resources Officer.

Johnson allegedly pulled alongside Hoover’s vehicle and "pointed what appeared to be (a) weapon" at Hoover and a passenger in Hoover’s vehicle.

Johnson was subsequently stopped and the toy weapon was found under the passenger seat.

UT spokeswoman Tiffany Carpenter said the university was looking into the situation.

They call that assault in Tenn.?? Good Grief!!! That is barely a misdemeanor in AL called Menacing. Assault is physical harm.

Not by any means saying it is ok, no way should any one do anything like that. He is lucky the officer didn't open fire on him!! Strange the differences in law b/t states. <_<

Assault is physical harm.

253920[/snapback]

Assault is the creation of apprehension.

Battery is offensive touching.

You don't have to touch someone to commit an assault.

253920[/snapback]

The words "personal experience" keep ringing through my ears!

253920[/snapback]

IN AL though Assault I, II, and III are all dependant on there geing actual physical harm. Otherwise it is harassment in AL.

253920[/snapback]

IN AL though Assault I, II, and III are all dependant on there geing actual physical harm. Otherwise it is harassment in AL.

You could be right. I was speaking merely of the Torts I and II definitions as taught by Jack Nelson.

Archived