Unfair

eibua12

It is getting closer... what do you say .. the smell of fall football ...

From weather.com

For most of the Northeast, Canadian high pressure will take control Friday and dominate through the weekend. Saturday morning could be the coolest start with lows ranging from the 30s and 40s across northern Pennsylvania, Upstate New York and northern New England to the 50s in Boston, New York and Philadelphia and the 60s from Washington southward. High temperatures will be somewhat below average through the weekend with highs ranging from the 60s and 70s north to 70s and lower 80s in the Mid-Atlantic. The next cold front will arrive in the region Tuesday, preventing any major heat return.

Or am I just over the heat?

I haven't felt anything CLOSELY related to a nip, although the urgent smell of football is in the air.

I agree that is why I am jealous of family up in NY for the weekend, but to go to up there an have to come back down here might confuse me

heat index was 105 today in memphis. that's about as far from the nip as it gets.

When you guys were talking about "feeling the nip" and such, I had a COMPLETELY different concept in my tortured brain.

Anybody else get a Christmas card from Elaine Benes?

Vatz, did you say you haven't felt anything CLOSELY related to a nip. No excuse for that, aren't you still in college? You should be doing that every weekend (at least). Oh to be young again.......

Vatz, did you say you haven't felt anything CLOSELY related to a nip. No excuse for that, aren't you still in college? You should be doing that every weekend (at least). Oh to be young again.......

:roflol::lol::cheer:

Just got in from my son's cricket football practice. It is not quite as hot as it was on Monday but dude it is still hot as hades. Practice started at 5 o'clock and it was 94 degrees.

I sure hope that you are right.

heat index was 105 today in memphis. that's about as far from the nip as it gets.

When you guys were talking about "feeling the nip" and such, I had a COMPLETELY different concept in my tortured brain.

"Yep, it's the nip!" :big:

Men just think that way. :big::big:

JERRY: Because I'm not sure and and and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I see ... a nipple.

ELAINE: What?

JERRY: Here. Take a look. What, what is that?

ELAINE: (gasps) Oh my God! That's my nipple.

KRAMER: That's a nipple. Ooo!

JERRY: Take a look at this card. Tell me if you notice anything unusual about it.

Newman: Your nipple's showing.

ELAINE: That's my nipple. My nipple's exposed. I sent this card to hundreds of people! My parents. My boss. Uh, Nana and Papa.

ELAINE: Oh God I didn't notice. Oh, what am I going to do? You know your whole life you go through painstaking efforts to hide your nipple and then BOOM, suddenly hundreds of people get their own personal shot of it.

The NIP is getting close. The high in Hunts-Patch today is only supposed to be 86. :cheer:

Possible high 80's in parts of Georgia this weekend. It is nip time. It's here.

Where you at War Tim? :bounce:

I haven't felt anything CLOSELY related to a nip, although the urgent smell of football is in the air.

I agree that is why I am jealous of family up in NY for the weekend, but to go to up there an have to come back down here might confuse me

Heck, my gf lives on Long Island, and it's been 100 up there in the last few weeks. Not much to be jealous of...the Island is as humid as the Plains...trust me on this. :)

:au::homer:

You poor longing souls. I understand the Call -o-the Nip. I am searching high and low for any sign of "Nip", but alas, I have found NONE...thus far. Take heart! The Nip WILL be called BEFORE kickoff on 9-2-06!

(Just part of the Tradition -Gotta' be called before the first game!....My Brother and Jaydubb would KILL me otherwise.)

Be on the lookout for those falling/burning leaves. Look for the shade to be cast in a "different" manner in the early evening. Watch for "dew" on the early morning grass. My favorite.....Look for those neighborhood kids passing around the old pigskin in the front yard!

Hang in there.....The Nip "draweth nigh". :au::cheer:

***UPDATE: It actually rained @ My house last night. Forecast is for another shower this afternoon. This is only the sixth rain "episode" @ my home since MAY ! ! !***

Guest Tigrinum Major

No, but I did get a painting of Kramer to hang in my den.

No, but I did get a painting of Kramer to hang in my den.

Will you also be joining me in celebrating Festivus?

Shall we start with the airing of grievances? Or go straight to the feats of strength?

"Back...and to the left......"

With all due respect to Ravad, there will be NO referencing of Damn Yankee nip on this board when trying to influence Timmy to call the official NIP. Only SOUTHERN NIP is to be taken into consideration. When the states due north of the Mason Dixon figure out how to field a real football team, maybe we'll let them play. But I personally don't give a rat's ass about any potential Damn Yankee Nip in Bah-sten, or upstate Left York, or in the pansied halls of New England.

Until the NIP hits the Heart of Dixie, it ain't NIP.

So speaketh the Goddess.

with some rain, a little cooler(80 vs 103) and leaves falling from the drought there is a slight

hint of some nip to come. Possibly a Pre-Nip??

With all due respect to Ravad, there will be NO referencing of Damn Yankee nip on this board when trying to influence Timmy to call the official NIP. Only SOUTHERN NIP is to be taken into consideration. When the states due north of the Mason Dixon figure out how to field a real football team, maybe we'll let them play. But I personally don't give a rat's ass about any potential Damn Yankee Nip in Bah-sten, or upstate Left York, or in the pansied halls of New England.

Until the NIP hits the Heart of Dixie, it ain't NIP.

So speaketh the Goddess.

I just had a "Wizard of Oz" Flashback. :big:

PAY NO ATTENTION to the "Woman" behind the curtain.

Archived