Is your state a football fanatic state?

DKW 86

Nebraska is the only other one with at least 70%

Thats because there aren't any major pro sports teams in these states and they have a rich football tradition. That's also why only 1% in both of these states are "not interested"

Surprised how low CA and Utah are. I wonder what the polls would have been when Lavell Edwards was coaching & winning @ BYU? Granted they have a big population, but CA produces TONS of big-time college football talent every year.

Surprised how low CA and Utah are. I wonder what the polls would have been when Lavell Edwards was coaching & winning @ BYU? Granted they have a big population, but CA produces TONS of big-time college football talent every year.

CA is probably low because there are a couple pro teams out there.

BYU ? Well, if you had six or seven wives, you probably wouldn’t be able to watch too much college football either.

Surprised that states like Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas, and some others are not higher. Tennessee is football crazy. Texas is also fanatical. I don't think alot of people know about this poll. These states are surely much higher on the interest scale.

I guess being from Mississippi, I think we have the best football.

Atleast the BEST in the SouthEast in High School football.

Hate to corect you, but the best HS football in the southeast is in Florida with Georgia being a close second.

Hate to corect you, but the best HS football in the southeast is in Florida with Georgia being a close second.

I didn't know Mississippi had high school football teams.

Surprised that states like Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas, and some others are not higher. Tennessee is football crazy. Texas is also fanatical. I don't think alot of people know about this poll. These states are surely much higher on the interest scale.

I wonder if people thought they meant college football? In TX, the big deal is HIGH SCHOOL football.

And then, with our undocumented worker issues, there's football and "futball".

To place Alabama and Maryland in the same catagory is a huge insult to the Heart of Dixie.

If Maryland is passionate about college football, than I guess I am passionate about Olympic Ice Dancing.

I didn't know Mississippi had high school football teams.

[/quote

Yeah and Bammer gets the Mr. Football from there every year. :roflol::roflol:

The map is pretty revealing. Now I know what's wrong with all those flaming liberal NE states.........they have little interest in college FB. So they must be somewhat mentally retarded.

Another interesting poll from ESPN asks which brand of football do you enjoy more? College or NFL? Of all the states favoring the college game Alabama has the highest percentage with 90%. Nebraska, Oklahoma, and West Virginia all have the second highest percentage with 86% favoring college football. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPol...mp;pollId=38642

Archived