Solution for the US dependency on foreign oil

MDM4AU

I heard the CEO of JetBlue on a radio program today talking about a solution to our ridiculous dependency on foreign oil. And unlike any politician in Washington from either side of the aisle, he has a solution.

David Neeleman is trying to get our government to act on this procedure that could make the US the new Middle East when it comes to oil products. According to his research the US could produce more than twice the oil via coal than the entire Middle East can produce in the current stuff. I think I heard him say the Military could be running on this product in 2 years and the rest of the country in 10.

Should the US follow through on this, we can greatly increase our national security, decrease the trade deficit and boost our economy.

OBL and Iran's president both have plans to destroy our economy. The fastest way to do that is with oil. Shut down all forms of public transportation, send gas to $10 a gallon and shut down all our military machines running on petroleum. What do we do?

Below you will find three links (pdf presentations):

Coal To Liquids Presentation

Coal To Liquids Draft Bill

OSD Assured Fuels Initiative Presentation

There is also a link to the audio below so you can hear it straight from Mr. Neeleman's mouth on the Glenn Beck Program. The audio clip lasts about 40 minutes but it's good stuff.

Listen Here (Click)

I realize this is a ton of information and many of you will zone out and get bored before you look at all this. But I feel this is extremely important and I would love to hear some of your opinions on this. I ask those of you that are tempted to dismiss this because it is from a conservative talk show host to rethink that. This isn't a L/R or D/R rant. This is someone recognizing a problem and coming up with a solution rather than just complaining and trying to play politics with it.

I encourage everyone of you that is interested in this to listen to the clip if nothing else. I think if we could get enough people to listen and act, this would be a slam dunk for the government. And when it happens, think of all the awesome debates we could have on this board about who actually accomplished this...the Donkeys or the Elephants. :rolleyes:

You think the environmental whackos go crazy over drilling. Wait till you see the effects of large-scale strip mining. The numbers used are still not enough to save us, but it would help. This is definitely a step we need to consider. Until we perfect the water to fuel option, we need to consider everthing else.

I think that we should instead construct a very large dome over the Capitol. Mount turbines into the roof of the structure. That way, we can put the hot air rising from Congress to better use. Come to think of it, it would work equally well in other places where b*llsh*t is in great supply, such as Goat Hill or the Alabama Sports Information Department.

I think that we should instead construct a very large dome over the Capitol. Mount turbines into the roof of the structure. That way, we can put the hot air rising from Congress to better use. Come to think of it, it would work equally well in other places where b*llsh*t is in great supply, such as Goat Hill or the Alabama Sports Information Department.

:roflol:

Archived