UT/Cal prediction thread

BamaGrad03

Kind of falling in line with you....

Don't know what to make of either one of them...

Gonna be a homer and say

UT - 24

Cal - 21

Just a diversion from the 'brotherly rivalry' madness

Cal - 16

UT - 23

UT aint that great, but Cal is overrated.

Nothing would make me happier than all the PAC-10 teams lose to SEC teams on Saturday.

UT will struggle the first qtr with Ainge, then Cutcliffe brings in Crompton or one of others who does a decent enough job, and with the running game seals the W.

UT 24

Cal 21

Cal - 17

Viles - 27

I believe this is the one weekend that we will all be pulling for one another.

SEC strong. :cheer::cheer:

I'm gonna take UT in this one, even though something tells me that this will be Phat Phills last stand this year.

UT 23

Cal 17

The SEC will go 1-2 against the PAC10 this weekend.

Auburn 31 Wash St 6

Cal 27 Tennessee 24

USC 28 Arkansas 21

Auburn just has too much talent, experience, and coaching to lose at home to Wash St. It may be close until halftime, but Auburn has Kenny Irons and the Cougars do not. It's only a matter of time until KI breaks the game open.

If Cal and Tennessee played at mid-season, then I'd go with Tennessee, but the Volunteers don't have it all figured out yet, particularly at QB. Cal comes out like gangbusters, goes ahead by 2 TDs, Tennessee scraps and fights to get back in it and falls just short.

If the Hogs had Darren McFadden at 100%, Arkansas might be able to pull the upset, but there are just too many question marks on offense right now for the Hogs. Not that USC won't struggle to replace their starting backfield, but USC is still Top 10 material and Arkansas is still the third or fourth best team in their division.

Overall, the SEC is way ahead of the PAC 10, but Cal and USC are the two best teams in the PAC 10 and legitimate Top 15 teams.

Sorry guys, I think Cal takes this one. Tennessee is going to make it a battle, but will go down 28-24

UT-14

CAL-28

Not even close......

I love to see the SEC win these games, but I really agree with sub_jack, SEC goes 1-2.

:ut: -28

Cal - 17

I too think Cal is overated. But it wouldn't surprise me if they beat :ut: !

UT-14

CAL-28

Not even close......

I love to see the SEC win these games, but I really agree with sub_jack, SEC goes 1-2.

Agreed. Cal has a legit Heisman candidate at RB and 7 starters returning on the D. If I could characterize them: they are the Rodney Dangerfield team as they never get any respect.

UT was a mess last year and I don't believe Cutcliffe alone is going to turn those clowns into a scoring machine in less than 1 season.

UT comes out with a chip on its shoulder wanting to show they have righted the ship. . . to bad its not all the way back on track but its coming. UT's D will keep it in check, the O does just enough to win the day, UT wins late in the 4th in a very ugly one.

:ut: 17

CAL 13

Cal-27

UT- 20

I want the Vols to win but I just don't see them coming out and having a better game than the Golden Bears even if it is in Knoxville.

This will be a Moral victory for :ut:

Cal 24

:ut: 23

A defeat that will still look like a victory. And I agree with tgr4life, Ainge is done after a lackluster 1st quarter/half.

Someone said it earlier in the thread, :ut: will see some lingering effects from the bad season they had last year. Too much to overcome in CDC's first game back as OC. They'll be clicking by mid-season, but they catch the Golden Bears too early.

Cal 24

:ut: 17

Agree with Cal 24 and Tenn 17

Tenn is still a little confused in this first game against a good opponent.They're going down.

I think Auburn having a new and more agressive D will overpursure a good bit and it will bit us with some long pass plays.I think it will be a shoot out and I will bite my fingers to the bone as usual,we don't usually do great in tough openers and this trend will continue but with a win away Auburn 38 WashST 31.

UT will have a good running game with that RB returning, Arian Foster, plus some WRs. The D will be competent enough to get it done. The question is going to be at QB. I don't think Ainge is the key....He may prove me wrong, but maybe Cutcliffe can work miracles. He has the talent, if he just develops the brains to run the O, they will be tough to handle.

I think UT pulls it out b/c they have something to prove from last year and Cal is overrated.

Archived