Hawthorne could potentially redshirt

Tiger1992

The AJC has a small paragraph on each SEC team (big paragraph on UGA of course) in today's paper. I looked for a link on ajc.com but couldn't find it, since it's not really an article per se. Any Atlanta folks who've read today's paper can verify this.

I'll quote what it states concerning Hawthorne:

-Auburn's top signee, wideout Tim Hawthorne, didn't play last weekend as the team's No. 3 split end. Offensive coordinator Al Borges said he hasn't decided if Hawthorne will redshirt. "We want to play him when he's ready to play, when he can succeed," he said.-

Of course it's early in the season and this could change in a hurry, but I certainly wouldn't mind him redshirting if he's not ready and our other receivers can handle the load.

If you review this young man's resume, there's no indiction he's a slow learner and there's no reason our coaches shouldn't have him pretty up to speed on the AU system by LSU or @ least mid-seaon, unless he has some injury. It's not like we have an embarassment of riches @ WR right now. LSU may be early for significant playing time but he should be a major asset against UF, UGA and Bama.

Let's let the coaches...who have actually seen the kid play...make up their minds on whether he would be an asset or not! If the coaches say he is not ready, then my wild guess would be he is not ready, being mentally, physically, or emotionally. I highly doubt that the coaches would sit a kid out for a year if he would be a "major asset"...

Let's let the coaches...who have actually seen the kid play...make up their minds on whether he would be an asset or not! If the coaches say he is not ready, then my wild guess would be he is not ready, being mentally, physically, or emotionally. I highly doubt that the coaches would sit a kid out for a year if he would be a "major asset"...

Before I state this please note that this is not intended to be a flame. WE you are correct sir, but aren't message boards a place where fans can discuss opinions and facts about their favorite team. I just hate to see someone respond with "lets let the coaches decide." I think we, as Auburn fans, all understand this concept. Again, not a personal attack on you WE.

Thanks for listening

Archived