My Thoughts

iam4LSU08

The key to the game imo is Jimbo Fisher vs. Will Muschamp. How does Will come after JR? That is the key in my opinion. If JR has time to throw the ball down the field, I like the Bayou Bengals chances alot in this game. Now if AU can get to him, then their chances will be good. I'm not going to give a prediction though, because I'm uneasy about doing so. College Gameday should be on the Plains because that would be completely ridiculous to not be at the game between #4 and #7 teams in the country. Thoughts?

Geaux :lsu: Tigers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think quite the opposite.

The game is going to come down to LSU's run D. If LSU can contain Irons, they win. If not, AU wins.

Though I am sure the game will have many more variables, that is the #1 key.

I'd think the same thing SL if not for last years game. LSU did NOTHING to stop Irons (200+ yards) and yet still managed to squeak out the win.

I think its more of taking full advantage of all opportunities. In other words, getting TD's and not having to settle for 3.... No knock on Vaughn at all, cause he's proven in the first two games how good he can really be. It's the point differential that matters here. We need to get 7 points at every opportunity we can. See the WSU game where we had all the momentum and everything else, and had to settle for 3 on 4 different drives..

I'd think the same thing SL if not for last years game. LSU did NOTHING to stop Irons (200+ yards) and yet still managed to squeak out the win.

I think its more of taking full advantage of all opportunities. In other words, getting TD's and not having to settle for 3.... No knock on Vaughn at all, cause he's proven in the first two games how good he can really be. It's the point differential that matters here. We need to get 7 points at every opportunity we can. See the WSU game where we had all the momentum and everything else, and had to settle for 3 on 4 different drives..

I agree LSU didnt stop irons last year and I dont expect AU to stop Russell and the WRs. To me it really comes down to turnovers, the team that wins the TO battle wins the game.

I would expect AU to shut down Russell and LSU's WR's before I expect LSU to stop Irons in this years game.

of course you would with your hatred of LSU and all. B)

if cox can spread the ball around to open the field for irons he could go off, but if the AU WRs dont have a good game, irons wont have much room to run. AU didnt look very good on offense in the first half yesterday against MooState.

of course you would with your hatred of LSU and all.

Don't hate LSU at all. Just think Russell and LSU's WR are not as "God-like" as many LSU fans down here think they are. With AU's D, I wouldn't be that shocked if LSU's passing game got taken down a few notches. Stopping Irons this year would be much more of a shock.

LSU:275 lb DTs????

LSU had the best pair of Dts in the country last year! NO WAY Irons (218)and Lester don't rack up the numbers behind Grubbs,Cope,Duck!!

Why is it that Lester's LONG run from last year isn't in the stats??WAS IT CALLED BACK????

The key to beating LSU is not in the running game but the passing game.The times when Auburn beat LSU best the 34-17 the (what was it 41-7 or something like that) we passed the ball effectively.That's the key.Sur Kenny put up 200 and that helped but I really like our chances if we come out and throw deeper routes.

Honestly, I think that the play calling on offense is going to be the key to Auburn's game. MSU's game plan was to take away the run, almost ALWAYS having a LB spy on Kenny. This left a wide open middle/deep passing game, and while Cox threw well, the coaching staff didn't open it up as much as we could have (or needed to for the pollsters) to COMPLETELY take over the game. I realize that we won big, but it was MSU and honestly I would have liked to hang up a 50+ spot on them...

Next week, It is going to be imperative for AU to recognize the LSU approach and adjust in a timely manner. Cox is more than a capable passer (obviously) and we cannot spend too long allowing LSU to focus on our running game. If they are unable to stop it (like last year) then I believe that we will win the game rather easily. However, if they hold out RBs below 150 yards rushing, by game's end we should have ran up 350+ yds passing to ensure a win....

The only thing that makes me nervous about CTT and CAB is the way they stick to the game plan...I know it works on the little guys as we are more talented and well conditioned, but come the big boys (like LSU) it will be interesting to see what goes on...

Just some thoughts, honestly I think that we will be more than fine, the atmospehere of JHS is gonna be out of this world...the students are more excited about the implications of this game then any other since I have been here. With the deafening noise, I see a lot of miscues from the young LSU defense and a 14+ point win for AU....WAR EAGLE!!!

there are a ton of variables to this game. Auburn has to prove it can stop the run in this game. We haven't done very well thus far. Our pass D has looked great but we haven't exactly faced a team of this caliber. I haven't got to watch LSU this season so I'm not going to predict how this game will go because I think at this point, it's up in the air.

With the deafening noise, I see a lot of miscues from the young LSU defense and a 14+ point win for AU....WAR EAGLE!!!

I don't think Cox and Company will appreciate deafening noise while AU has the ball, but if thats how ya'll do it in AU go right ahead....... can't wait to see how that works out for ya!! :PB)

2 very good teams w/ lots in common. Auburn is the home team. Should be an edge. One big difference, Vaughn will be nailing those kicks this year. He makes one of those he missed last year, AU wins. He makes most or all of those kicks...AU wins big.

Auburn 31

LSU 19

wde

Its too close to call like a heavyweight slugfest,but I think moving the ball is key and controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball will decide the game! :au::big:

Two great teams. I was shocked by LSU's speed compared to AZ. Maybe AZ is just slow, but I doubt it. Can either offense be stopped? I think it will take interceptions and/or fumbles to keep the offenses from lighting up the board. Cox hit an MSU guy in the numbers, and he dropped it. I doubt LSU will be so kind.

The running play is safer, and it wears on the opponents D. With the shorter games, the fatigue won't be as much of a factor. I'm sure both teams are well conditioned.

If we can run consistently and make the defensive turnovers, we'll do well. If LSU does these things instead of us, then the night could be long.

AU wins 24-17.

Yeah and if LSU catches one of the three drops in the endzone.. could have been different. LOL. I am forgetting last years game... I have to forget it.. I can't keep puking.

OR if AU makes all the catches on 3rd downs, where we had to attempt a FG that was missed it would have been different. LSU was not the only team that had miscues that cost the game other than the FGs.

The key for the AU D will be to put pressure on JR. Biggest of all is to control the line of scrimmage. How experienced is the LSU OL???? I know the D has a lot of newcomers, and the O has practically all the skill spots back. Don't know about the OL though?? This concerns me the most is with our run D.

The key for AU O is balanced attack. Against MSU, we were on a mission to run the ball against a strong (stronger than what I thought) front 7. We knew they were going to stack it up, but we kept at in the first half. Second half we mixed it up more and thus opened up the run game a little.

The key for any game is controlling the line!! Effectively balancing the run and pass is critical for AU and probably LSU for that matter. This is going to be one of the most exciting games I think ever in the AU/LSU series. I look for a higher scoring game. I don't know if either team can put 30+ on the board..but I wouldn't be suprised to see it in the 20s. Two very good offenses against two defenses that the jury is still out on. We handled the WSU passing attack, LSU handled the Arizona passing game and La-Laf. BC will have to have a stellar game...control Landry, and the blitz packages the utilized against Arizona.

It will be a spectacular game. And I will have seat from the pressbox area!!!

As talented as the Bengal receivers are, I'm a lot more worried about our fast-but-small defense stopping the straight-ahead run. JR is a big guy with a heck of a cannon arm, but he doesn't look smooth to me.

LSU will start blitzing right as they get off the bus, from 16 directions. Borges knows that and is drawing up all the right stuff. We just need to execute.

I also hope Irons' knee and groin respond to treatment this week.

Sagarin's stuff says we should win by about 6; the line guys seem to be heading toward calling it a pick 'em, with AU getting the home field -3.

I'll be gloriously happy with a 1-point W.

Special teams has decided this game the past two years and I expect that to be the case this year as well.

And if that's the case, I sure do feel better about Vaughn's psyche going into the game this year.

The key for our defense will be stoping the up the middle run. Our small defense will have their hands full with LSU's 250 lbs. Tailback. Also, Jamarcus is hard to take down. If he rolls out he could cause some havoc. Meanwhile, their defense looked like the 1985 Chicago Bears against Arizona.

I am VERY worried about this game. LSU has as much if not more talent than we do and if we don't play better than we have the last 2 weeks, we're in for some big trouble.

IMO the middle of our pass defense has looked weak, and we're not filling the holes quick enough on the run either. That's due in large part to 2 LBs being out, but nonetheless its still a problem. Offensively, we need to get a better push at the LOS, period. The holes are there sometimes, but the OL needs to play better IMO.

This is how I break the game down. LSU has replaced their center and 2 guards from a year ago. Gone are the 2 monster LSU D-linemen from last year. With Vaughn finally in sync, & K. Bliss booting it really well and our kickoffs not being returned we have the special teams edge. Lastly we will see C. Taylor, B. Lester, & K. Irons all on the field at the same time for the first time this year. Borges has set this up starting in fall camp and continued through the first 2 games. This is the same LSU team that Georgia blew out of Atlanta last year, minus 5 linemen. This is easy, C. Taylor & R. Smith line up left,"Cox is left handed " K. Irons in the backfield & B. Lester in motion to the right, spread them out and then let Irons do his thing.

This is how I break the game down. LSU has replaced their center and 2 guards from a year ago.

Link? Our starter at LG started in 8 of games last year and was 2nd team All-SEC and is a preseason All-SEC by pretty much every publication. Our RG started 12 games last year at RT. And our center started two games and played in every single game before getting injured (played guard). You seem to have your facts mixed up, it is on the outside where we are breaking in new starters.

Archived