My Thoughts

iam4LSU08

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We sure as hell didn't lose all 3. One starter returns, Will Arnold. And our RG Brian Johnson has 17 starts in his career, even though only 2 are at guard he is still the most experienced player on our OL. You tried to claim that we are breaking in 3 new starters in the interior section of our line which is completely false.

We sure as hell didn't lose all 3. One starter returns, Will Arnold. And our RG Brian Johnson has 17 starts in his career, even though only 2 are at guard he is still the most experienced player on our OL. You tried to claim that we are breaking in 3 new starters in the interior section of our line which is completely false.

They must have started against Georgia. What happened in that one?

They must have started against Georgia. What happened in that one?

Good one. Didn't realize I was going to touch a nerve by simply pointing out that your statement was completely false.

This is the same LSU team that Georgia blew out of Atlanta last year, minus 5 linemen.

Good point.....cuz we all know that players don't get better! :rolleyes:

Using your logic its the same team that also beat Florida despite losing the turnover battle 5-0, same team that embarrassed Miami giving them their worse bowl game loss in school history, same team that hasn't allowed a TD in 3 games....and for what its worth....the same team that beat AUBURN! You can throw the "fieldgoal" excuse back all you want BOTH teams left opportunities on the field.

My main point is last year does not matter in this years games, players improve, coaches improve......if you have paid ANY attention to both teams THIS YEAR you need to be worried of the opponent. I know I am!!! Am I confident that if LSU plays up to its potential, we can go into AU and come out with a win??? YES!! Am I worried that they may also lose?? YOU DAMN RIGHT..... And any realistic AU fan should feel the exact same way!!

With Vaughn finally in sync, & K. Bliss booting it really well and our kickoffs not being returned we have the special teams edge.

Yea, l guess you haven't heard of our kicker Chris Jackson, if he doesn't boot it out of the end zone on kick off, its more likely than not unreturnable. And his punts, yea, did you see how many times he pinned teams behind the 20 with great hangtime to allow cover teams to get to the ball? Yea... and Colt David who hasn't missed a PAT in.. sheesh... since he has started. Oh and CJ who is money from about 47 yards out. l don't give you Auburn the Special teams edge, its a push, if not an edge to LSU.

Lastly we will see C. Taylor, B. Lester, & K. Irons all on the field at the same time for the first time this year.

Ok, l have respect for Kenny lrons, kid has spunk but he is weak between the tackles. Yes, he ran for 218 on us last year, but if you take away his to long runs, he wasn't making to much headway, but thats neither here, nor there b/c its a new year. Kenny will not be 100% regardless b/c of his groin issues, thats not to say that he won't rush well, but l don't see him even getting close to 100 yards. Before our game, he was relatively unknown, and our team was tackling pretty horrible last year. He has talent, but l doubt he is the game changer.

That being said, l give Auburn the edge in backs. The lrons/Lester one-two punch can be lethal. And with LSU having trouble with its back... Justin Vincent again ineffective, Alley Broussard not 100%, Jacob Hester shining early against pourous defense (not an SEC calibur tailback), and our two young back Charles Scott and Keilland Willams. l don't think it will be an issue since we are so deep, but again we will see is Broussard is really still gimpy or whether is Miles trickery.

Borges has set this up starting in fall camp and continued through the first 2 games.

lm sure Les hasn't even thought about Auburn... lm rolling my eyes at you

This is the same LSU team that Georgia blew out of Atlanta last year, minus 5 linemen.

l hope your team is taking us as lightly as you all are... l really do...

This is easy, C. Taylor & R. Smith line up left,"Cox is left handed " K. Irons in the backfield & B. Lester in motion to the right, spread them out and then let Irons do his thing.

lm gonna be sad when Beckwith tattoos Kenny... actually no... l will laugh my head off

You guys are hyping Kenny lrons to much, l am seeing shades of '03 Caddie/Ronnie hype... remember what happened that night?

All in all this game could go either way, and will be a moderate scoring, close game. l hope we send you packing just like we did last year.

Geaux Tigers

An issue l think Auburn will have to deal with is "what reciever will step up other then Courtney Taylor"?

Are Stinky (Aromashadu) and Obamanu gone? lf so Cox may have trouble finding a target with our experienced secondary.

I think whoever scores the most points will win.

I also think ESPN is stupid not to be having Gameday at the site of a #4 vs #7 game.

An issue l think Auburn will have to deal with is "what reciever will step up other then Courtney Taylor"?

Are Stinky (Aromashadu) and Obamanu gone? lf so Cox may have trouble finding a target with our experienced secondary.

[/quot

Your secondary will be trying to run Irons down from behind like last year. lol

So thats a No, no we don't have any quality recievers other then Courtney...

Well that sure makes it easier to tackle lrons

Guys, let's keep this civil... :D

I think that the key, as has been said before, is turnovers. I think JaMarcus won't get as lax as he did in the last game. 1, hopefully not 2 INTs against a talented AU defense.

Fumbles is another issue entirely. Worst case scenario, I see 3-4. And AU scores on 2 of them.

But we can beat them downfield- Bowe is sick after the LASIK, but he still hears footsteps- it's why he fell against ULALA on that wide open post he caught near the 50. He expected the hit (which wasn't even close). And no one can beat Buster Davis on a post or hitch (except maybe Jonathan Zenon).

It's going to be a sick game, I'm headed up there with my 82 year old grandpa. Please be nice to us, we're always nice back.

Question for the Auburn fans?

No matter who wins this game do you think both LSU and Auburn finish out without losing a game?

I may be wrong but i just dont think Fla. , Ga., Tenn. , or South Ca. is as good as LSU or Auburn this year.

I think the winner of this game is on track to the BCS Champioship game. I know there is a lot of football to be played but to me this game sets you up for a NC run!!

4 Keys To The Game

Turnovers

Can LSU stop or at least contain your running game?

Does Auburn get alot of pressure on Russell and force him into bad decisions?

One other i would just slip in from the last time we visited you is will Auburn get some Homer Officiating to get a second try at a missed field goal or extra point. LOL Had to put that in just to add a little fuel to the fire!!!

:lsu::lsu:

My .02

This game will be an exact replica of the 04 and 05 games.

Whoever makes the fewest turnovers or the fewest mistakes wins.

Judging from all the work in the offseason, we worked very hard to fix our kicking game this season. Wonder why we did that? The only game we were really let down in was the :lsu: game. If Vaughn kicks ONE thru, we win in regulation, on the road, with a completely new backfield. :o

I think we win, but it will be a close hard fought slugfest. I know CTT and CAB have played it very close to the vest so far. I look for anything to happen in this game, and I do mean anything.

I am very grateful that the rivalry is turning out to be much more civil now. I like that as much as winning.

So thats a No, no we don't have any quality recievers other then Courtney...

Well that sure makes it easier to tackle lrons

Oh, we have many quality receivers other than CT.

Who? Do tell....

B/c l have seen many posts where auburn fans are lamenting the fact that no recievers (other then Courtney) are stepping up.

To say we have no other receivers would be wrong. To say we have no other receivers that have proved themselves under heavy fire would be fair IMO. There appears to be some talent at that position but like many time with many other positions you never really know who is going to be your go to guys. You hope any/all of them are but it usually isn't.

To say we have no other receivers would be wrong. To say we have no other receivers that have proved themselves under heavy fire would be fair IMO. There appears to be some talent at that position but like many time with many other positions you never really know who is going to be your go to guys. You hope any/all of them are but it usually isn't.

You do have a quality go to guy at that position a la Courtney Taylor, but what you don't have is 3 go to guys like you have in the past. Last year with CT, Aroma, and Obamanu... l knew that Auburn was a pass threat, as well as always having quality backs. This year l see two quality backs (one injured) but no real reciever threats. My point was with LSU's veteran secondary, against AU's young recieving corp, this could be a huge mismatch.

On the other side of that coin, LSU has Early Doucet, Dwayne Bowe, and Buster Davis, all three recievers have been tested underfire, and while not given a huge amount of credit (due to alot of drops last year), are one of the solidest recieving corps in the country. The matchup of our recievers to AU's secondary is a much more even matchup in my opinion.

Having said this, l think LSU has the edge in offense b/c while worry about the pass has been a problem with us against Auburn in past years... this year it seems more of a one man show for Auburn, letting us concentrate more of our talent on stopping Kenny and Co.

With Vaughn finally in sync, & K. Bliss booting it really well and our kickoffs not being returned we have the special teams edge.

Yea, l guess you haven't heard of our kicker Chris Jackson, if he doesn't boot it out of the end zone on kick off, its more likely than not unreturnable. And his punts, yea, did you see how many times he pinned teams behind the 20 with great hangtime to allow cover teams to get to the ball? Yea... and Colt David who hasn't missed a PAT in.. sheesh... since he has started. Oh and CJ who is money from about 47 yards out. l don't give you Auburn the Special teams edge, its a push, if not an edge to LSU.

Lastly we will see C. Taylor, B. Lester, & K. Irons all on the field at the same time for the first time this year.

Ok, l have respect for Kenny lrons, kid has spunk but he is weak between the tackles. Yes, he ran for 218 on us last year, but if you take away his to long runs, he wasn't making to much headway, but thats neither here, nor there b/c its a new year. Kenny will not be 100% regardless b/c of his groin issues, thats not to say that he won't rush well, but l don't see him even getting close to 100 yards. Before our game, he was relatively unknown, and our team was tackling pretty horrible last year. He has talent, but l doubt he is the game changer.

That being said, l give Auburn the edge in backs. The lrons/Lester one-two punch can be lethal. And with LSU having trouble with its back... Justin Vincent again ineffective, Alley Broussard not 100%, Jacob Hester shining early against pourous defense (not an SEC calibur tailback), and our two young back Charles Scott and Keilland Willams. l don't think it will be an issue since we are so deep, but again we will see is Broussard is really still gimpy or whether is Miles trickery.

Borges has set this up starting in fall camp and continued through the first 2 games.

lm sure Les hasn't even thought about Auburn... lm rolling my eyes at you

l hope your team is taking us as lightly as you all are... l really do...

This is easy, C. Taylor & R. Smith line up left,"Cox is left handed " K. Irons in the backfield & B. Lester in motion to the right, spread them out and then let Irons do his thing.

lm gonna be sad when Beckwith tattoos Kenny... actually no... l will laugh my head off

You guys are hyping Kenny lrons to much, l am seeing shades of '03 Caddie/Ronnie hype... remember what happened that night?

All in all this game could go either way, and will be a moderate scoring, close game. l hope we send you packing just like we did last year.

Geaux Tigers

Uh...I know that WSU is NOT LSU...but 100 of Kenny's 183 yards against them was between the tackles on TWO PLAYS...and he torched LS_Who between the tackles last year. Can I have some of what you're smoking??? B)

:au::homer:

Uh...I know that WSU is NOT LSU...but 100 of Kenny's 183 yards against them was between the tackles on TWO PLAYS... B)

Yes, WSU's DLine must have been a site to see....

and he torched LS_Who between the tackles last year. Can I have some of what you're smoking???

Go back and watch his big runs... they were all to the outside on sweeps and such.

You do have a quality go to guy at that position a la Courtney Taylor, but what you don't have is 3 go to guys like you have in the past. Last year with CT, Aroma, and Obamanu... l knew that Auburn was a pass threat, as well as always having quality backs. This year l see two quality backs (one injured) but no real reciever threats. My point was with LSU's veteran secondary, against AU's young recieving corp, this could be a huge mismatch.

On the other side of that coin, LSU has Early Doucet, Dwayne Bowe, and Buster Davis, all three recievers have been tested underfire, and while not given a huge amount of credit (due to alot of drops last year), are one of the solidest recieving corps in the country. The matchup of our recievers to AU's secondary is a much more even matchup in my opinion.

Having said this, l think LSU has the edge in offense b/c while worry about the pass has been a problem with us against Auburn in past years... this year it seems more of a one man show for Auburn, letting us concentrate more of our talent on stopping Kenny and Co.

I don't think as much of last year's recievers as you do. AU had 7 dropped passes last year in Baton Rouge.

I don't think as much of last year's recievers as you do. AU had 7 dropped passes last year in Baton Rouge.

Regardless of what actually happened... coming into last years game, you felt good about your recieving corp... this year, l don't think AU feels confident in its recievers, b/c l haven't even heard from AU fans who will be the threats (other then CT who is automatically dangerous).

AU's weakness will be whether or not its young recievers can step up, LSU's weakness is whether or not our RBs can be effective. Both D's are stout, as always, both OLines are questionable, and Backs are a push/ or slight edge to AU, recievers edge to LSU, and Special teams push. Should be a good game.

The only thing that makes me nervous about CTT and CAB is the way they stick to the game plan...I know it works on the little guys as we are more talented and well conditioned, but come the big boys (like LSU) it will be interesting to see what goes on...

CAB showed me in the 2004 Iron Bowl that he can do a 180 on the game plan.

Archived