My Thoughts

iam4LSU08

I haven't got to watch LSU this season so I'm not going to predict how this game will go because I think at this point, it's up in the air.

Here you go. The Arizona game in under 8 minutes.

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjyG1KmyYJo

Thanks. Good video.

Whewww . . . tons 'o speed on defense. Must.Get.To.Jamarcus.Rusell.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To say we have no other receivers would be wrong. To say we have no other receivers that have proved themselves under heavy fire would be fair IMO. There appears to be some talent at that position but like many time with many other positions you never really know who is going to be your go to guys. You hope any/all of them are but it usually isn't.

You do have a quality go to guy at that position a la Courtney Taylor, but what you don't have is 3 go to guys like you have in the past. Last year with CT, Aroma, and Obamanu... l knew that Auburn was a pass threat, as well as always having quality backs. This year l see two quality backs (one injured) but no real reciever threats. My point was with LSU's veteran secondary, against AU's young recieving corp, this could be a huge mismatch.

On the other side of that coin, LSU has Early Doucet, Dwayne Bowe, and Buster Davis, all three recievers have been tested underfire, and while not given a huge amount of credit (due to alot of drops last year), are one of the solidest recieving corps in the country. The matchup of our recievers to AU's secondary is a much more even matchup in my opinion.

Having said this, l think LSU has the edge in offense b/c while worry about the pass has been a problem with us against Auburn in past years... this year it seems more of a one man show for Auburn, letting us concentrate more of our talent on stopping Kenny and Co.

I don't think as much of last year's recievers as you do. AU had 7 dropped passes last year in Baton Rouge.

Regardless of what actually happened... coming into last years game, you felt good about your recieving corp... this year, l don't think AU feels confident in its recievers, b/c l haven't even heard from AU fans who will be the threats (other then CT who is automatically dangerous).

AU's weakness will be whether or not its young recievers can step up, LSU's weakness is whether or not our RBs can be effective. Both D's are stout, as always, both OLines are questionable, and Backs are a push/ or slight edge to AU, recievers edge to LSU, and Special teams push. Should be a good game.

OK, AU's WR corps is inexpereinced, but talented. Other than CT, Prechae Rodriguez, Rodgeriqus Smith, Lee Guess, Robert Dunn,James Swinton, Montez Billings. Obviously no big names nationally known b/c they are basically all in their first year. We have depth there and talent. I feel like all of them have the speed adn skills to be able to break one. Obviously lack of experience is the concern, not the talent. R. Smith has a had a couple of receptions with long runs after. Lee guess is small, comparatively, but has sure hands and decent speed. R. Dunn is as fast and quick as Lester and Irons, but is a RS Fr. so he is learning. Watch for Tristan Davis to line up somewhere on O this week. Maybe hoping we find a way outside of kickoff returns to get the ball in his hands.

WAR EAGLE!!

One aspect that I dont think has been commented on is this. I think THE key will be the adjustments each staff makes to their respective game plans to reflect what is actually happening on the field. Comments??

One aspect that I dont think has been commented on is this. I think THE key will be the adjustments each staff makes to their respective game plans to reflect what is actually happening on the field. Comments??

If so, LSU had better show some improvement from the last time they failed to adjust at the half. See: 1st home game last year.

If so, LSU had better show some improvement from the last time they failed to adjust at the half. See: 1st home game last year.

Um... we played plenty of good games since then...

05 = 2 hurricanes, brand new coaching staff... gimme a break...

Archived