• Auburn is LSU's Top Annual Rival.
    • Bama is LSU's Top Annual Rival.
    • Florida is LSU's Top Annual Rival.
    • Arkansas, they are the SEC Designated Rival
    • Ole Miss is the Traditional Rival
    • Who is MSU?

AU BY A MILE!!!!!

Glad YOU said that.

This is one of those strange, only Auburn can get into it situations. We have the:

1) Iron Bowl, bitterest rivalry you can imagine.

2) :uga: Oldest and really the best Rivalry I know.

3) :uf: Fiercest Rivalry we used to have.

4) Now, :lsu: , a team that considers us MAYBE their biggest rival.

That makes Four games you have to be ready to play in a season. I guess you just have to get ready for them all and play your best.

AU BY A MILE!!!!!

Glad YOU said that.

This is one of those strange, only Auburn can get into it situations. We have the:

That makes Four games you have to be ready to play in a season. I guess you just have to get ready for them all and play your best.

Don't forget Tennessee. Up until the division split, the Vols were one of our biggest rivals -- and most enjoyable games.

The 42-0 shellacking by UT at newly renovated JHS was the final straw in Doug Barfield's tenure.

AU BY A MILE!!!!!

Glad YOU said that.

I think most LSU fans will agree with me, but i also have AU ties and its the MUST WIN game for ME every year. Its become a rivalry because of the importance it has on getting to ATL. The loser has to count on the other to lose 2 more games in order to make it to ATL, which with the talent both teams have its not very likely. (but it is possible)

Recently, yeah Auburn is LSU's biggest rival. Mostly because the winner usually goes to the SECCG, but also we've had some close games, and some blowouts in the past.

However, historically Ole Miss and Tulane have been LSU's biggest rivals. But Tulane has dropped off and hasn't beaten LSU since 1982. In the 50s, 60s, and 70s LSU and Ole Miss had plenty of close games/blow outs with lots at stake similiar to LSU-AU now. In the 80s and 90s the Ole Miss rivalry died down due to both teams not playing very well. Since Ole Miss is playing poorly, yeah we hate them, but we dont consider them rivals anymore because they aren't on the same level as LSU. Auburn is on the same level and so much is at stake which is why AU is our biggest rival.

AU BY A MILE!!!!!

Glad YOU said that.

For toughness sake, I'm glad we don't have to play Florida and Tennesee every year, because you are right. That would be 5 rival games a year. Which is tough for any team to get through.

It makes me feel a little bit for Georgia. They have a bunch of teams that get 'up' for their game each year.

1. Georgia Tech

2. Florida

3. Auburn

4. Tennesee

5. South Carolina

I grew up hating Ole Piss, but recent years have turned you guys into the game I circle in red each year. I came down in '04, and hope the outcome is a little more favorable for us this time around. The way I see it, winner takes the West.

AU BY A MILE!!!!!

Glad YOU said that.

For toughness sake, I'm glad we don't have to play Florida and Tennesee every year, because you are right. That would be 5 rival games a year. Which is tough for any team to get through.

It makes me feel a little bit for Georgia. They have a bunch of teams that get 'up' for their game each year.

1. Georgia Tech

2. Florida

3. Auburn

4. Tennesee

5. South Carolina

I would push Tech down to #3-#4 and say that is about right

Archived