ESPN.com picks...

SKCAUB

No. 6 LSU at No. 3 Auburn (20)

Something's got to give: Tigers (LSU version) have the nation's No. 7 scoring offense. Tigers (Auburn version) have the nation's No. 7 scoring defense.

AP Photo/Bill Haber

JaMarcus Russell has thrown five TD passes this season.What favors LSU: Auburn QB Brandon Cox (21) struggled last year against LSU, completing just 16 of 40 passes, and this year the Bayou Bengals' secondary is even better. Meanwhile, LSU QB JaMarcus Russell (22) appears on the verge of mastering his position.

What favors Auburn: LSU hasn't won on The Plains since Gerry DiNardo was its coach. Auburn is primed for revenge after kicker John Vaughn missed five field goals in Baton Rouge last year in a three-point loss. He has made 10 of 12 since then.

The Dash predicts: LSU 16, Auburn 13. On a blocked Vaughn FG at the gun. :au::homer:

Yeah, losing would not be good, but it really is a “pickem” game. Either team could win.

I agree...it scares me to death.

:au::homer:

I agree that this game should be a huge battle....very physical and exciting..... I'm a bit nervous about it and as such would honestly just love it if somehow we could just take control of the game early and not have much doubt about the outcome, but that's just wishful thinking. Should be another great game, bummer that it's not the night game on National tv, but i'm sure both sets of fans would agree that the best game of the day will be on CBS at 2:30!!!

Saturday can't come quick enough. War Eagle!!!

Auburn wins this game on two Russell INTs in the first half, one will be returned for a TD :)

Auburn 24

LSWho 17

I agree that this game should be a huge battle....very physical and exciting..... I'm a bit nervous about it and as such would honestly just love it if somehow we could just take control of the game early and not have much doubt about the outcome, but that's just wishful thinking. Should be another great game, bummer that it's not the night game on National tv, but i'm sure both sets of fans would agree that the best game of the day will be on CBS at 2:30!!!

I'm tellin' ya...I almost passed out on that 4th down in '04. I'm only 57, but I don't know how many more of those I can take. I'll probably die in my seat in Sec 40...but what a way to go! :big:

I'm tellin' ya...I almost passed out on that 4th down in '04. I'm only 57, but I don't know how many more of those I can take. I'll probably die in my seat in Sec 40...but what a way to go! :big:

Ya'll will find out LS-Who on Saturday. Keep spouting off at the mouth about national championship aspirations, corndogs, and all you're other garbage. You've got a date with destiny Saturday afternoon, and destiny's wearing the purple and gold. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

You've got a date with destiny Saturday afternoon, and destiny's wearing the purple and gold. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Yeah, he typed that all right. Good grief dude, you just can't get any cheesier than that. I bet you're the type of cajun that wears the purple and gold camo to the games. See you Saturday! :thumbsup:

Actually no AUNuma1. I'm just like 99% of all other fans. I show up in my shorts, polo, and hat and root for my team. Is the Auburn dress code now coat and tie? And BTW....I live in B'ham as well. Maybe we can caravan to the game!

I just read Herbstreits' article titled "Important Weekend"... and not to suprise any of you on this forum.. but he failed to mention the Auburn vs. LSU game.

First, he rambled about Ohio State and how good they were. Then he actually went on to make a good point that the new clock rules suck. Then again, he starts his abusive (yes, abusive) sputter about how the PAC-10 is such a deeper conference now.... Then came the section of it called "Seperation Saturday."

To the suprise of me... not.. He starts talking about USC vs. Nebraska, then Tennessee vs. Florida.. but fails to mention the biggest game of this weekend. :puke:

Oh well. Maybe he figured that since these teams were getting so much media coverage, he should just lay back. =D

Ya'll will find out LS-Who on Saturday. Keep spouting off at the mouth about national championship aspirations, corndogs, and all you're other garbage. You've got a date with destiny Saturday afternoon, and destiny's wearing the purple and gold. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Well nice little speech :corndog: I can stand on the corner and scream National Champs and corndog all I want and it wont make any difference in the outcome of the game Because WE arent playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we are watching :big:

They may pick us, they may not; they may mention us, they may not. But, the bottom line is what's on the Birmingham News Scoreboard at the end of the game.

It's fun to speculate, and what is speculated may have some minimal mental impact on the players, but it's shoulder pad to shoulder pad, scheme and execution that will determine the winner.

Both teams are rightfully in the Top Ten, and the game may go either way. The teams have great defenses and it could be a low scoring game, but with their great offenses, the score could be way up there.

If you think any of this information guides you to a conclusion as to the winner, don't forget the bounce of the pointy ball! A bounce to the left could win it for us, and one to the right may give it to LSWho. (Note: this is in no way a political comment!)

Archived