LSU Rumor?

RadioWryn

I was at the Gameday planning meeting and don't recall seeing or hearing anything about gates opening early. I will check tomorrow when I get to work though.

I doubt it's true - there is no reason to open 3 hrs early because 2 hours gets everyone in anyways. Plus, Tigerwalk is 2 hours beforehand and that would take that away from the atmosphere. O wait, Tigerwalk sucks now ...

I doubt it's true - there is no reason to open 3 hrs early because 2 hours gets everyone in anyways. Plus, Tigerwalk is 2 hours beforehand and that would take that away from the atmosphere. O wait, Tigerwalk sucks now ...

They had a lot of problems with crowding in the tunnels in the WSU game. I doubt this is true, but there were some areas of concern at the WSU games

They had a lot of problems with crowding in the tunnels in the WSU game. I doubt this is true, but there were some areas of concern at the WSU games

I just hope we don't have a repeat of '03 Tennessee.

The SGA wants you to know that it has officially been determined by the Athletic Department that the STUDENT SECTION ONLY will open 3 HOURS prior to kickoff for the LSU game on Saturday instead of the normal 2 hours prior to kickoff.

That was an e-mail I got from the SGA. I thought I would share it so all of the rumors would be answered.

The SGA wants you to know that it has officially been determined by the Athletic Department that the STUDENT SECTION ONLY will open 3 HOURS prior to kickoff for the LSU game on Saturday instead of the normal 2 hours prior to kickoff.

That was an e-mail I got from the SGA. I thought I would share it so all of the rumors would be answered.

they had a ton of problems for the wsu game for student tickets. They weren't scanning right. Mine didn't work at the normal gate so I had to go to another one where it worked fine. There were a ton of people that had to do the same thing. I'm sure that's the reason if this is true.

Did you even go to Tiger Walk? It really wasnt that bad.

Did you even go to Tiger Walk? It really wasnt that bad.

Yeah, Tiger Walk wasn't bad at all. And if you want the "original" experience, just go up to the portion PRIOR to the fencing. Right about where the WSU tool tackled the inflatable Aubie. That's where we stood, and we didn't notice a difference.

Hey, we beat Tennessee in '03. I certainly hope we repeat that part of the gameday experience! :thumbsup:

http://www.theplainsman.com/vnews/display....f7?in_archive=1

eeew :puke: Don't believe I had heard about that. Or at least I don't recall it if I did.

On the other hand, from a hospitality standpoint, wouldn't the smell of urine in the stands help make LSU feel right at home?

I mentioned this after the WSU game and kept asking for people to give me their input and no one responded on this board. From people that did go (I couldn't), told me it was bad. I even stated that I wasn't able to go - but I heard from a few that it was bad and heard no positive remarks

. O wait, Tigerwalk sucks now ...

OK, our little ray of sunshine. Care to expound upon this?

lamonroe.jpg

the dude on the right has just seen the promised land, or in his case, look but don't touch

I mentioned this after the WSU game and kept asking for people to give me their input and no one responded on this board. From people that did go (I couldn't), told me it was bad. I even stated that I wasn't able to go - but I heard from a few that it was bad and heard no positive remarks

Nor did you hear any negative remarks. I think the vast majority of people that were there, including myself, realized that it wasn't as bad as we thought it might be. For yourself, who did not attend said game, you have no right to make such negative connotations about something you know NOTHING about and failed to gain ANY perspective whatsoever about.

Point taken? If not, DON'T BE SUCH A DEBBIE DOWNER ALL THE TIME!!!! Geez....

I must have missed your question. I mentioned it the Monday or Tuesday afterward in a post but that was not the main topic. I was right under the traffic light on Donahue. I did not think it took anything away from Tiger Walk and in fact it actually was easier for people further back to see the players due to the walk area being larger. That was my take on it.

So are the student gates really opening that early, or is this just a rumor? I haven't received any emails from Auburn about it (i'm a student)......

No email here either.

Archived