ESPN "Experts" (eyes roll)

tiger88

Do these guys ever have a clue?

herbie was beating the miami drum the first week saying they were much better than anyone thought and were his definite pick for the MNC. Now they're 1-2 after getting trounced by louisville.

Then they all jumped on the irish wagon after they beat a weak psu team. I heard one guy say, "The mind of Charlie weiss, and the arm of Brady Quinn will be unbeatable this year".

Corso the freaking homer says yesterday that the fsu clemson game was the most intriguing game of the day.

These are the goobers that will have as much or more say than anyone in who plays for the MNC. One thing for sure, they don't like Auburn. The only way we ever get into the MNC game is if we are the only or one of only two undefeated teams.

herbie was beating the miami drum the first week saying they were much better than anyone thought and were his definite pick for the MNC. Now they're 1-2 after getting trounced by louisville.

Then they all jumped on the irish wagon after they beat a weak psu team. I heard one guy say, "The mind of Charlie weiss, and the arm of Brady Quinn will be unbeatable this year".

With that being said, do we want them pulling for us? :rolleyes:

Eh.

I like Herby and Lee. Herbstreit isn't a bad analyst at times. He's actually good when compared to some other guys. Lee Corso, well, the guy is wrong so much, it's become surprising when he's right about anything. He's probably there to provide foil to Herby.

With that being said, do we want them pulling for us? :rolleyes:

I don't care if they "pull for us" or not. It would be nice though if the ones who have so much influence when it comes to determining the bcs finishers were a little more objective and knowledgable.

Thats what CTT railed on about last year. Holtz sits up there like some "expert" because he won a mnc 20 years ago. Meanwhile, he couldn't even hang in the SEC recently. Now he has a grudge against AU that probably started before he left sc, but is stronger now.

All I know is that I watch a very tiny fraction of ESPN compared to what I used to when it comes to these types of shows. I tune in at kick off.

Ole Lou has to know that it is not the university of auburn and not the university of clemson. I can't believe they let him say that repeatedly. It's just his revenge because Clemson owned him and CTT lashed out against him.

Ole Lou has to know that it is not the university of auburn and not the university of clemson. I can't believe they let him say that repeatedly. It's just his revenge because Clemson owned him and CTT lashed out against him.

no hes just an idiot, he also said the university of oklahoma (OU) and the best one, the university of usc

Actually, it is "The University of Oklahoma", but must have felt OU was easier to say than UO :rolleyes: .

I liked Trev Alberts and Mark May the best. Those guys knew their football. Herb is there to hold the female viewers and Corso because he's such an idiot, he makes us all feel better about ourselves.

I miss Trev Alberts :(

if you don't know already he can be seen on CSTV. i think wednesday nights a show called "crystal ball" airs (he might be on other shows on CSTV, but i don't know exactly). remotely similar to college game day. the host; however, is annoying, gq metrosexual.

<_<

I liked Trev Alberts and Mark May the best. Those guys knew their football. Herb is there to hold the female viewers and Corso because he's such an idiot, he makes us all feel better about ourselves.

Mark May stinks at predictions he's just as bad as Lee,picked LSU over AU picked Texas over Ohio State and picked South Carolina for east champs. <_< He might get on your nerves the least but not great at picks at all.

Mark May stinks at predictions he's just as bad as Lee,picked LSU over AU picked Texas over Ohio State and picked South Carolina for east champs. <_< He might get on your nerves the least but not great at picks at all.

Picking games is a craps shoot. Especially Auburn LSU. If you don't think those were two very evenly matched teams then you watched a different game then I did. And you can't really know how good a team is until four or five games into the year eg, Notre Dame, Michigan, especially Auburn 2004. I liked those guys because they touted a playoff system and both have played tough in the trenches football. And they took up our cause towards the end of the season in 04.

WHO??? I don't watch that crap!

BOYCOTT GAMEDAY!!! :au::homer:

Why did Trev Alberts get the boot?

Why did NFL Primetime turn into the Blitz stuck in the middle of SC?

Why did Herby go from being a analyst to a ABC Puppet that ESPN follows like a lost puppy?

Why is Bob Davie now a football GURU?

I am sick to death of watching these shows and all I hear is Ohio State this and Michigan that and Notre Dame this and USC that..........Jim Donnan is an old SEC Coach and he even has lost his marbles!!!!!!!!!!

Why did Trev Alberts get the boot?

Why did NFL Primetime turn into the Blitz stuck in the middle of SC?

Why did Herby go from being a analyst to a ABC Puppet that ESPN follows like a lost puppy?

Why is Bob Davie now a football GURU?

I am sick to death of watching these shows and all I hear is Ohio State this and Michigan that and Notre Dame this and USC that..........Jim Donnan is an old SEC Coach and he even has lost his marbles!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Herby pick FSU to win the MNC?

I miss Trev Alberts =(

He is on CSTV now, I caught him on there last week. I am starting to spend more time there and on ESPNU where their experts are more...um expert!

WHO??? I don't watch that crap!

BOYCOTT GAMEDAY!!! :au::homer:

I was wandering the other day if any school had told college gameday that they could not come to their campus? Anyone know anything on this (my guess is no). And what if college gameday did want to come to the :au::uf: game and CTT told them where they could shove it? What would ya'll think? The negative impacts of that would be obvious, we wouldn't get the national audience that tunes in to gameday, they would be highly irate and would be even more biased against us etc... But what would be the positive impacts, if any? If we did win a MNC without their pimping, maybe the rest of the college football would view ESPN as we do (pimps for ND, USC, OSU etc.), and put ESPN/ABC back in its place, it would prove that the SEC is the best conference in all of college football. What would everyones take on this situation be??? Just kinda thinking out loud....

Mark May picked LS_WHO...and Granny Clampett picked us...so who's dumber? B)

:au::homer:

the only problem with boycotting espn or college gameday is that gameday final is pretty much the only place to see highlights from around the nation. They used to spread it out more to other teams and not concentrate on the big 3, but they still show some highlights. It is hard to watch though knowing that they will not talk about any other teams.

He's dumb because he picked the wrong team in a 7-3 ballgame??? Seriously, that game was a tossup. Someone had to win. If you really think one team was enough better than the other to pick the winner before, then you didn't see the same game I did.

He's dumb because he picked the wrong team in a 7-3 ballgame??? Seriously, that game was a tossup. Someone had to win. If you really think one team was enough better than the other to pick the winner before, then you didn't see the same game I did.

you're always dumb if you pick against :au: .............. :homer:

Dumb-ER

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

They're all dumb!!!

Get it!?

Archived