Comments from a WSU fan

WaDE'05

A WSU fan sent me a message randomly on MySpace asking about the nightlife and Auburn b/c he was coming down to the game with some buddies and it was one of them's birthday. I emailed him a few suggestions, and after the game was over I emailed him back to see how his trip went and this is what he said...

Wassup,Wade?

Yeah, we had a helluva time in Auburn! Just about as much fun as you can possibly have, even after enduring a 40-14 @$$-whoopin'! I have to say, our trip to Auburn was probably my most memorable football expereince to date, with going to the Rose Bowl in 2003 a close second.

We were impressed by the WSU-fan turn out as well. I had heard rumors on our Sports Radio station that there was going to be decent numbers for fan turn-out, but 3500 was waayyy more than we expected! (3500 was the official count here in Seattle!)

I actually live in Seattle, so I flew even farther to get there....hahahahahaha...but it was well worth the trouble to get down there.

My friends and I were all blown away by the Southern Hospitality. It truly was class act, and you can be assured that there are 6 Cougar fans in the Seattle area that will always remember how good we were treated while we were down there. There was even a little snippet article in the newspaper here that gave a small recount of the hospitality that so many Cougar fans experienced. I was very impressed and had a great time talking to Auburn fans about football, the South, what it's like up here in Sea-Town, and just about anything else you could think of under the rainbow. I only experienced 2 sh*t talkers the whole time, and it was drive by sh*t talkin' (Washington State SUX!! hahahhaahhha...nothin' big)

Your reccomendations were greatly appreciated and we took your advice a couple of times. We went to the SkyBar the first night, and that was pretty tight! I think it must have been ladies night, cuz' girls out numbered the guys like 6 to 1!! (and yeah, we ain't don't have much up here in Seattle to match the Southern Belle Co-Eds we saw down there the whole time.....hahahahahahaha)

Friday night, my buddies all wanted to go back to Skybar for the eye candy, but all the Coug fans and Auburn frat boys were on it, too, and then things were a bit lop-sided in numbers...hahahahaha....Good timed there, though. Ended the night at Bodega and then had a crazy caravan of 22 Coug fans all tear into Supper Club that night!! Partied until the wee hours...enough to make us all feel the pain on game day!

Quixote's was hosting a Cougar tailgate, so we started off there for a couple of hours. Packed wall to wall with Cougs...it was pretty cool. (I guess the owner was actually born in Auburn, WASHINGTON, so that was kind of funny) Ordered a couple pizzas ffrom Mellow Mushroom to get sent over and just tried to ease through the hangover.

We then spent the next 3 hours before the game just soakin' in the tailgate. We found some of our colors and loaded up on some beers, and eventually just found ourselves tailgating with Auburn fans! It was a blast, man.

Your stadium, your fans, your football experience......absolutley phenomonal and just class act!

Thanks for your correspondence and you guys have yourself a good year (I saw you already spanked you some Miss. St.) I'm thinkin' national championship doesn't look too tough for you guys this year! If you make it, it'll make our loss not look so bad....hahahahahaha....

GO COUGS and WAR EAGLE, bro!

Nice post wade! Treating opposing fans well seems to an Auburn tradition that I hope will continue for a long time!

A WSU fan sent me a message randomly on MySpace asking about the nightlife and Auburn b/c he was coming down to the game with some buddies and it was one of them's birthday. I emailed him a few suggestions, and after the game was over I emailed him back to see how his trip went and this is what he said...

Wassup,Wade?

Yeah, we had a helluva time in Auburn! Just about as much fun as you can possibly have, even after enduring a 40-14 @$$-whoopin'! I have to say, our trip to Auburn was probably my most memorable football expereince to date, with going to the Rose Bowl in 2003 a close second.

We were impressed by the WSU-fan turn out as well. I had heard rumors on our Sports Radio station that there was going to be decent numbers for fan turn-out, but 3500 was waayyy more than we expected! (3500 was the official count here in Seattle!)

I actually live in Seattle, so I flew even farther to get there....hahahahahaha...but it was well worth the trouble to get down there.

My friends and I were all blown away by the Southern Hospitality. It truly was class act, and you can be assured that there are 6 Cougar fans in the Seattle area that will always remember how good we were treated while we were down there. There was even a little snippet article in the newspaper here that gave a small recount of the hospitality that so many Cougar fans experienced. I was very impressed and had a great time talking to Auburn fans about football, the South, what it's like up here in Sea-Town, and just about anything else you could think of under the rainbow. I only experienced 2 sh*t talkers the whole time, and it was drive by sh*t talkin' (Washington State SUX!! hahahhaahhha...nothin' big)

Your reccomendations were greatly appreciated and we took your advice a couple of times. We went to the SkyBar the first night, and that was pretty tight! I think it must have been ladies night, cuz' girls out numbered the guys like 6 to 1!! (and yeah, we ain't don't have much up here in Seattle to match the Southern Belle Co-Eds we saw down there the whole time.....hahahahahahaha)

Friday night, my buddies all wanted to go back to Skybar for the eye candy, but all the Coug fans and Auburn frat boys were on it, too, and then things were a bit lop-sided in numbers...hahahahaha....Good timed there, though. Ended the night at Bodega and then had a crazy caravan of 22 Coug fans all tear into Supper Club that night!! Partied until the wee hours...enough to make us all feel the pain on game day!

Quixote's was hosting a Cougar tailgate, so we started off there for a couple of hours. Packed wall to wall with Cougs...it was pretty cool. (I guess the owner was actually born in Auburn, WASHINGTON, so that was kind of funny) Ordered a couple pizzas ffrom Mellow Mushroom to get sent over and just tried to ease through the hangover.

We then spent the next 3 hours before the game just soakin' in the tailgate. We found some of our colors and loaded up on some beers, and eventually just found ourselves tailgating with Auburn fans! It was a blast, man.

Your stadium, your fans, your football experience......absolutley phenomonal and just class act!

Thanks for your correspondence and you guys have yourself a good year (I saw you already spanked you some Miss. St.) I'm thinkin' national championship doesn't look too tough for you guys this year! If you make it, it'll make our loss not look so bad....hahahahahaha....

GO COUGS and WAR EAGLE, bro!

Very nice....

:au::homer:

Archived