Herbie

eibua12

Kirk on ESPN earlier (I watch ESPN News for scores) said that Auburn wasn't 2 on his ballot because of the offensive production agasinst LSU (NO need to banter this one it is a dead horse) but he said if Florida or Auburn ran the table then they would be his #1 vote because of the tough schedule and the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation this year.

IMHO He doesn't expect that to happen, so he is not worried about eating crow later.

Kirk on ESPN earlier (I watch ESPN News for scores) said that Auburn wasn't 2 on his ballot because of the offensive production agasinst LSU (NO need to banter this one it is a dead horse) but he said if Florida or Auburn ran the table then they would be his #1 vote because of the tough schedule and the SEC is the toughest conference in the nation this year.

IMHO He doesn't expect that to happen, so he is not worried about eating crow later.

He said the same thing before the AU-Georgia game in '04. Something along the lines of "If Auburn destorys a top ten Georgia team... They will definitely be in my top 2 come sunday."

Never happened.

He's full of crap. He would probably just come up with another excuse like he and corso did after the seccg a couple years ago.

We beat a tenny team that took out miami at home and other than against us only had one loss against an sec schedule. OU beatdown a worthless colorado team and all the sudden they decide "Well, the BCS WORKED".

Pardon me if I don't believe a word that comes out of that lying sack of poops corporate stooge mouth. I'll believe it when I see it.

just my 2 cents but i think if the athletic department :au: really wants to play for a national championship we need to quit scheduling high school teams like buffalo. i know, i know we play in the toughest conference and all the other teams schedule weak opponents and some of the other teams play weak,very weak conference opponents but i still believe the best way to get everyones attention and show we are atleast not scared is to try to schedule tougher teams. so please fellow au brethren quit whining about the media.

just my 2 cents but i think if the athletic department :au: really wants to play for a national championship we need to quit scheduling high school teams like buffalo.

The thing is... going back to a topic already currently posted.... no one wants to play Auburn. We've reached teams such as Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc..... Tuberville's amazing record vs top ten teams since being at AU is enough to scare them away.

Heres to someone having enough testicular fortitude to face us B)

just my 2 cents but i think if the athletic department :au: really wants to play for a national championship we need to quit scheduling high school teams like buffalo.

The thing is... going back to a topic already currently posted.... no one wants to play Auburn. We've reached teams such as Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc..... Tuberville's amazing record vs top ten teams since being at AU is enough to scare them away.

Don't u think we can do a little better than buffalo,western ky, etc.

He said the same thing before the AU-Georgia game in '04. Something along the lines of "If Auburn destorys a top ten Georgia team... They will definitely be in my top 2 come sunday."

Never happened.

Oh Herbie did say that two years ago right before the Georgia game. However, that was the same time that Stoops complained about ESPN favoring the SEC. After Auburn "struggled" against Alabama, the ESPN quickly changed their minds and started pushing USC and Oklahoma. I hate ESPN!

What I'm getting at is teams that are better than Buffalo, Western KY, etc... have denied us the chance to play them when offered...

PAY ATTENTION!

Those are filler games after regular opponents -- one being Southern Miss -- dropped Auburn from their schedule. IN THE SPRING. IN THE SPRING!!!

Tell you what. Next spring if somebody drops off the schedule with about three and a half months left before the season kicks off, we'll just let YOU get on the horn and rustle up some good competition. Hey, I bet Michigan has some holes in their schedule. Maybe you can ring up FSU or Miami.

It was the same thing in 2004. We didn't schedule freaking Citadel, we had to run them in as filler after the team we were SUPPOSED to play begged out and played..... f*cking Oklahoma.

Herbstreet is full of it. Like someone else said, he said the same thing in '04. If we beat Alabama there and Georgia convincingly we deserve to be #1, well he lied! They all lie, they are USC lovers and won't be happy if they aren't the best every year. :moon:

I agree with you but who do you suggest that you know will accept under the circumstances? Lots of us are throwing rocks without any idea what discussions the AD has been having getting better teams to play us. I understand we even offered several big name teams to play us a couple of years on a neutral site and they still wouldn't do it.

I agree with you but who do you suggest that you know will accept under the circumstances? Lots of us are throwing rocks without any idea what discussions the AD has been having getting better teams to play us. I understand we even offered several big name teams to play us a couple of years on a neutral site and they still wouldn't do it.

*SIGH*

I thought I posted already, but I guess the words in my previous post are INVISIBLE.

Buffalo was added this spring when another team that was on the schedule (Southern Miss?) begged out. Same with WKy. A replacement for a schedule hole that was once filled by a superior opponent.

You're not going to call up Clemson, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Arizona or any of those middling teams that you can beat but still beat somebody with a recognizeable game and miraculously find them with a hole in the schedule just 10-12 weeks out. So you find a podunk team willing to get its eyes beat in for a paycheck. Not much else you can do.

just my 2 cents but i think if the athletic department :au: really wants to play for a national championship we need to quit scheduling high school teams like buffalo. i know, i know we play in the toughest conference and all the other teams schedule weak opponents and some of the other teams play weak,very weak conference opponents but i still believe the best way to get everyones attention and show we are atleast not scared is to try to schedule tougher teams. so please fellow au brethren quit whining about the media.

Do me a favor and look at every team in the top ten, and if you can find me one that doesnt play a cupcacke like buffalo then I have a million dollars for you.

Did he happen to mention why :au: is not #3 on his ballot, either. Last Saturday night, he announced "My Top 5" - and, for the record, I called this after our game, not because I'm a genius (hardly), but b/c it's the ESPN/ABC/Mickey Mouse way) - as:

1. Ohio State

2. USC

3. MICHIGAN :angry:

4. :au:

Damn you, Herbstreit, for trying to ruin an otherwise beautiful day!

[bTW, I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up, and I know that, for MNC purposes, it's probably immaterial b/c Ohio St and Michigan play each other, but it really almost made my head explode.]

:au:

I still think we have a lot of ball to play, and we might be putting the cart before the horse. I am concerned about the polls, and I too have learned my lesson after '04, but won't really start to worry until mid season.

He also stated that he would not vote against Oklahoma for their loss due to

the officiating. Auburn is being voted against because of the correct pi call.

Everyone thinks LSU would have won, why I'm not sure.

We could ask GT to revive the rivalry. They didn't seem too concerned, of course they were not rank in the top ten each time we played them.

yall really should be used to the media bias agaist the SEC, i mean these are the same guys who said BEFORE the game that it was going to be a low scoring defensive battle, now they say why did lsu and auburn O's under preform? Well maybe they should go and listen to there own tapes. They should just let lsu and auburn play usc and ohio state and see how many points they would score? We get USC though, i wanna knock the **** out of Booty because his dad cost lsu a **** load of recruits, because he little whiny son abrahm booty wasnt getting enough PT or some **** like that. Dont worry just run the table, you will be fine.

Oh i forgot to mention that the booty kids dad is a coach at Evangel which is a national high school power house in shreveport and he would tell all the kids not to go to lsu because his son is a whiny baby and didnt get enough balls are something

Oh i forgot to mention that the booty kids dad is a coach at Evangel which is a national high school power house in shreveport and he would tell all the kids not to go to lsu because his son is a whiny baby and didnt get enough balls are something

Interesting. I had not heard that before.

Here's an excerpt from last night's broadcast:

I don't understand why they won't throw Chad Johnson the ball. Look at this replay. He only has two defenders on him on this running play. I can't understand Patrick Nix. If I had a reciever like Chad Johnson, I would throw him the ball. Here's another replay. See where Chad Johnson was? All by himself over here when the corner came up to play the run. Why not throw it to him. Everybody loves Chad Johnson. Everybody. His entire team, to a man, they all love him. That's so rare. Everybody in the state of Georgia loves him. He is so loved. LOOK! Another running play. What the hell is going on here? Chad Johnson was lined up to the outside and matched up against a corner who's just 6-2. Did you know Chad Johnson, who is univerally loved, what a great, great kid, is 6-5? That's three inches. He has a 45" vertical. So, he could outjump that guy. Just throw it to him. What is wrong with Patrick Nix? Oh HELL no!! What is this? Chad Johnson is on the SIDELINES? What the hell? Huh? Georgia Tech is on defense? What's the deal with that? Virginia needs to get this crappy offense off the field so Chad Johnson can get back on. Chad Johnson is one of the most loved people in human history. In a poll of most loved, he ranked ahead of Care Bears. While we're wasting time with this Virginia offense thing, let's look at some shots of the Georgia Tech team MVP, the Johnson family! There's Chad Johnson's parents right there. Mom and Dad. I wish we had some video of them having sex so we could get the 40 time for his dad's sperm. I bet it's some quick sperm! I heard Chad Johnson, who everybody just loves, shot out of his mom's birth canal so quick he broke the sound barrier. He's that fast, even as an infant. Whew! Virginia finally punted and here comes Chad Johnson, who's so loved, he may be named pope even though he isn't catholic. CRIPES! Why are they not THROWING THE BALL to Chad Johnson! Chad Johnson was only triple covered. He could have outjumped those guys. Why is Patrick Nix being so stupid? Chad Johnson is such a man. I would have a sex change and call myself Kirktrina Herbstreit if he'd let me bear little Chad Johnsons. Oh HELL! Oh HELL!! Reggie Ball is throwing a pass! AND CHAD JOHNSON IS OPEN! HE'S OPEN! I JUST PEED MY PANTS A LITTLE HE'S SO OPEN!! And Chad Johnson, who is so loved that his teammates drink his sweat instead of Gatorade, is going to SCORE! HE'S GOING TO THE ENDZONE!! OH LORD!! TURDS ARE POPPING OUT OF MY BUTT LIKE RAISINS!! CHAD JOHNSON IS GOING TO SCOOOOOOOOOOREE!!!

:puke: on ESPN.

I don't understand why they won't throw Chad Johnson the ball. Look at this replay. He only has two defenders on him on this running play. I can't understand Patrick Nix. If I had a reciever like Chad Johnson, I would throw him the ball. Here's another replay. See where Chad Johnson was? All by himself over here when the corner came up to play the run. Why not throw it to him. Everybody loves Chad Johnson. Everybody. His entire team, to a man, they all love him. That's so rare. Everybody in the state of Georgia loves him. He is so loved. LOOK! Another running play. What the hell is going on here? Chad Johnson was lined up to the outside and matched up against a corner who's just 6-2. Did you know Chad Johnson, who is univerally loved, what a great, great kid, is 6-5? That's three inches. He has a 45" vertical. So, he could outjump that guy. Just throw it to him. What is wrong with Patrick Nix? Oh HELL no!! What is this? Chad Johnson is on the SIDELINES? What the hell? Huh? Georgia Tech is on defense? What's the deal with that? Virginia needs to get this crappy offense off the field so Chad Johnson can get back on. Chad Johnson is one of the most loved people in human history. In a poll of most loved, he ranked ahead of Care Bears. While we're wasting time with this Virginia offense thing, let's look at some shots of the Georgia Tech team MVP, the Johnson family! There's Chad Johnson's parents right there. Mom and Dad. I wish we had some video of them having sex so we could get the 40 time for his dad's sperm. I bet it's some quick sperm! I heard Chad Johnson, who everybody just loves, shot out of his mom's birth canal so quick he broke the sound barrier. He's that fast, even as an infant. Whew! Virginia finally punted and here comes Chad Johnson, who's so loved, he may be named pope even though he isn't catholic. CRIPES! Why are they not THROWING THE BALL to Chad Johnson! Chad Johnson was only triple covered. He could have outjumped those guys. Why is Patrick Nix being so stupid? Chad Johnson is such a man. I would have a sex change and call myself Kirktrina Herbstreit if he'd let me bear little Chad Johnsons. Oh HELL! Oh HELL!! Reggie Ball is throwing a pass! AND CHAD JOHNSON IS OPEN! HE'S OPEN! I JUST PEED MY PANTS A LITTLE HE'S SO OPEN!! And Chad Johnson, who is so loved that his teammates drink his sweat instead of Gatorade, is going to SCORE! HE'S GOING TO THE ENDZONE!! OH LORD!! TURDS ARE POPPING OUT OF MY BUTT LIKE RAISINS!! CHAD JOHNSON IS GOING TO SCOOOOOOOOOOREE!!!

:roflol: Too much humor too early in the morning.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Oh my God I seriously was dying laughing here in my cube.

Archived