The real reason they invaded Iraq

Bottomfeeder

It is now widely accepted that the Iraq war is one of the greatest foreign policy blunders, if not the greatest, in U.S. history. Some have gone further: The respected Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld argues that it is "the most foolish war since Emperor Augustus in 9 B.C. sent his legions into Germany and lost them." Not a few regard Iraq as spelling the beginning of the end of American dominance in the world.

If Rich is right and Bush committed the worst military blunder in 2,000 years so that ... drumroll please ... the GOP could win the midterms, the Iraq war will single-handedly overturn Marx's dictum that history repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. For Iraq would then be both tragedy and farce -- an idiotic reality TV show, hastily produced for sweeps week, in which the contestants actually die. A war that would require a Frank Rich to do justice to it.

http://fairuse.100webcustomers.com/fairenough/salon030.html

:roflol: I believe it, coming from this administration. They'll stop at nothing, short of nuking themselves, to stay in power.

THEY did not INVADE......

WE went in and LIBERATED.

Bet those thousands of Iraqis who were gassed really would have preferred for us to invade many years earlier. Maybe they would have appreciated it.

You liberated it alright. I'm glad I have no part of that liberation.

Actually, you did. To borrow your Citgo arguement and twist it a tad to fit this scenario: your tax dollars funded the Iraq war. Does that make you a murderer too?

You liberated it alright. I'm glad I have no part of that liberation.

Actually, you did. To borrow your Citgo arguement and twist it a tad to fit this scenario: your tax dollars funded the Iraq war. Does that make you a murderer too?

That indirectly makes us all murderers. But, the fact that this is done on credit makes our children and their children, and their children's children the murderers. In religion, it's called iniquity. So now, they have blood on their hands too. Income taxes go to pay the interest on the national debt, so it has to be collected from one of the 100+ other taxes. Those taxes are almost unknown to the consumer and are direct taxes they have no choice but to pay. The banking system is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. After the banking act we had income taxes. in my heart, which is what God sees. Therefore, I am not responsible for the wars of aggression commited by this government. When a govenrment no longer represents the people, that govenrment should be abolished and replaced.

A curse is the result of sin and iniquity. It is the opposite of a blessing. According to Deuteronomy 28:15 and following, curses occur because of the sin of not obeying the voice of the Lord and doing His commandments. These curses include sickness, mental problems, relationship problems, hindrances to prosperity, and various kinds of destruction.

Sin and iniquity are the spiritual dooropeners to a curse. When a person sins, he gives "place to the devil" (Eph. 4:27). Ecclesiastes 10:8b states "whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him". A serpent is a type of a demon spirit who carries out Satan's destructive work against a person. Sin breaks the hedge of protection giving place to the devil and allowing demon spirits from Satan to bring about the curse in one's life. Sin gives Satan the spiritual legal right to accomplish this evil work. The inherited curses are enforced by demon spirits who have a legal right of entrance into a person. To break an inherited curse, we must first bind all demonic spirits enforcing the curse. Secondly, we must confess and remit (send forth) the sins and iniquities of our forefathers in all previous generations that have caused the curse. Thirdly, we must cast out the demons that have enforced the curse. There can be quite a network of demons involved in enforcing an inherited generational curse. Thus, one must continually cast out all demonic spirits that have enforced the curse until they are all gone. What inherited generational curses are affecting you in your life? Make a list of all of the inherited curses affecting you physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and financially. Then follow the steps outlined above and break the inherited generational curses affecting your life!

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them."

Bet those thousands of Iraqis who were gassed really would have preferred for us to invade many years earlier. Maybe they would have appreciated it.

Liberation of the Iraqi people was a secondary benefit from taking down Saddam. For those who care to remember, it was widely accepted that Bush41's decession to NOT follow through and go take Saddam after the '91 Gulf War, when we had 2x's the military force we have today , would come back to bite us. "We'll be back there in 10 years " was what I remember folks saying. Unfinished business. Sure enough, 17 U.N. Resolutions ignored , and a 15-0 vote for the use of force by the Security Council was all it took for Saddam to play nice. Only he decided to NOT play nice, and we had to go in.

That's why we went in. End of story.

Liberation of the Iraqi people was a secondary benefit from taking down Saddam. For those who care to remember, it was widely accepted that Bush41's decession to NOT follow through and go take Saddam after the '91 Gulf War, when we had 2x's the military force we have today , would come back to bite us. "We'll be back there in 10 years " was what I remember folks saying. Unfinished business. Sure enough, 17 U.N. Resolutions ignored , and a 15-0 vote for the use of force by the Security Council was all it took for Saddam to play nice. Only he decided to NOT play nice, and we had to go in.

That's why we went in. End of story.

Since when are we responsible for enforcing UN resolutions? Not to mention having to pay twice for the enforcement. You pay for it, okay?

Archived