College Gameday is comin

AU-Dave

Florida game.... Herbie said it on the tiger tailgate show just now. sorry if Im way late on this one... WAR EAGLE EVERYONE!

Rod told herbie "we hope to see you guys and gameday on the plains soon"

herbies reply "in a few weeks for the florida game yep'

dont hold me word for word but thats the nutshell.

I gained a small tiny bit of respect back for herb during that interview.

our Auburn Network crew didnt hold back the hard questions.

I would not put too much stock in it either. Herbie may be assuming they will be there, but he does not make that call. He and others at ESPN have already been quoted as saying they don't know where they are going next until the Sunday or Monday after the previous weeks game.

Like somebody said, if Ohio St./Michigan is that week, then it will probably be an ABC game, so I would be surprised if they are not there.

As far as having respect for Herbie after that interview, don't let him fool ya. I have seen that guy change his "opinion" so many times within a week it would make your head spin. On ESPN this afternoon, I heard him say he would have :au: at #2, but just last Saturday night, if I am not mistaken, I heard him say he would have us at #3. Herbie just plays to the fans or whoever is interviewing him.

Ya he was talking tonight and I qoute "I'm cooling it on USC", and said that if it came down to USC and Auburn that Auburn should go with its schedule.

Anyone that watched him in 04 knows Ranger is right, he will change as soon as he returns to ABC land.

While I don't like what the talking heads do, I'm not going to do anythign stupid like boycott watching ESPN... I don't know about the rest of you, but personally I like having AU games on TV since I don't have money flying out of my butt to go to the games.

Coming or not it's fairly irrelevant to me. They showed up last time and I still didn't go. There are better things to do on campus than to see them, like... setting up a tent and emptying beer bottles.

Archived