Maybe this is the best thing that could have happened to us

Auburn Seer

Agreed. I hope we are number 5 in the polls tomorrow. I like being the Rodney Dangerfield of college football. I think we play better with that mentality.

Whoops I said tomorrow, I meant when the polls come out Monday. I know one of you smart@$$es is just waiting to pounce on that. :)

Exactly. Better to have our weaknesses exposed now and come out with a win rather then wait to play Florida and have them do it for us.

The thing we have to remember is that if we were as good as many thought we were, then that would not have happened tonight, but it did. Instead of getting mad about it, be glad we got the "W" and we can now work on those things to become the team we know we are capable of being. This was game 5 of 12 regular season games. I would be worried if we were playing like this in game 9 or 10. I think by then, we will be the team to beat, but we still are beat up and young on defense, especially the secondary. The more games we play, the more things we will straighten out on defense.

If this is a wakeup call I'd gladly take it, just not the #5 in the ranking. You know how hard it is to climb with West Virginia and USC playing nobodies?

I could give a rats ... I gave up on the system a long time ago. If we go undefeated we're champs in my book, I could give crap what some rando with a journalism degree from sally struthers at home correspondence school says. If we ever win that trophy I hope we throw the d*mn thing off the Haley. I'd pay good money to see the waterford crystal football shatter. The only thing that could make the College football national championship any more meaningless is if they got a bunch of Congressmen to vote for who they thought was number 1.

I say take care of the SEC championship first. If we don't take care of that, then all the other stuff is just babbling talk.

But if Auburn starts playing just for the polls then we could get a L and be out of the race also. Playing for the polls is a dangerous thing.

I agree. Plus, if South Carolina goes on to play like that the rest of the year, this could play out to be a quality win in the computer polls. Southern Cal could struggle against Washington State just as they did Arizona and Ohio State could lose this weekend. There are so many things that can happen to influence the polls, it's way to early to get concerned.

If this is a wakeup call I'd gladly take it, just not the #5 in the ranking. You know how hard it is to climb with West Virginia and USC playing nobodies?

I could give a rats ... I gave up on the system a long time ago. If we go undefeated we're champs in my book, I could give crap what some rando with a journalism degree from sally struthers at home correspondence school says. If we ever win that trophy I hope we throw the d*mn thing off the Haley. I'd pay good money to see the waterford crystal football shatter. The only thing that could make the College football national championship any more meaningless is if they got a bunch of Congressmen to vote for who they thought was number 1.

I like your style of thinking, but sadly the country has not given up on BCS, and it is still the way of life right now for us (I am sure you don't need me to tell you that). And nothing against you, but I am sure Auburn would much rather be the champion with the crystal football than the champion in your book, or my book. If this year's squad could manage only to become champion in our books, and without the NC trophy, then it's a moral victory, just like 2004.

I'm with you, Nebraska going over Oregon when not even winning the Big 12 North did it for me years ago, or FSU going over a Miami team with the same record that they lost head to head to, OU going in 03 when they got destroyed in the conference championship game, Auburn being left out in 04.

Honestly, think about who has taken us to the limit this year. LSU and South Carolina. Neither of them have a particularly scary running game. They passed at will on the side opposite of David Irons. We need to straighten that out by the time we play Florida. That is a bad, bad matchup.

I'm with you, Nebraska going over Oregon when not even winning the Big 12 North did it for me years ago, or FSU going over a Miami team with the same record that they lost head to head to, OU going in 03 when they got destroyed in the conference championship game, Auburn being left out in 04.

I'm hearing rumors that the BSC is actually going to tweak the system for folks like us that are in such staunch opposition. In order to find a real collegiate national champion.. as soon as the next american idol is chosen, they will blindfold her and have her throw a dart at a map of the country. Whatever city the dart hits, they will send a chimp with a parachute and have it jump out of a plane above that town. Then which ever college footgball fan's hand the monkey grabs first their team will be the next national champ. Boy I hope it's us!

I'm hearing rumors that the BSC is actually going to tweak the system for folks like us that are in such staunch opposition. In order to find a real collegiate national champion.. as soon as the next american idol is chosen, they will blindfold her and have her throw a dart at a map of the country. Whatever city the dart hits, they will send a chimp with a parachute and have it jump out of a plane above that town. Then which ever college footgball fan's hand the monkey grabs first their team will be the next national champ. Boy I hope it's us!

I disagree, I think they will use a cow, chimps just arent as popular in the marketing world as they used to be.

I say take care of the SEC championship first. If we don't take care of that, then all the other stuff is just babbling talk.

Thanks so much I could not agree more everyone is talking about getting left out of the MNC game!

We need to worry about playing in the next game, and take it one game at a time! The west crown is the goal now then we go from there until then focus one game at a time! Auburn has no control over the polls but they do contol the outcome of each game they play! WDE

Thanks so much I could not agree more everyone is talking about getting left out of the MNC game!

We need to worry about playing in the next game, and take it one game at a time! The west crown is the goal now then we go from there until then focus one game at a time! Auburn has no control over the polls but they do contol the outcome of each game they play! WDE

Well said. The team can only control wins and losses. They can't control how biased coaches/ADs, sportwriters, and computers rank teams. One might say we can control the computer rankings by how much we beat somebody, but that is very untrue. We have to depend on how all the teams we play do against the rest of their schedule for our power rankings and strength of schedule to be good. So, as stated, we can all control our own wins and losses.

Well, my thought is this: Playing against Spurrier's crazed offensive attack and that ungodly dangerous quarterback (you'll be hearing much more about him, I guarantee) is the best preparation we can have for Florida.

Didn't Southern Cal have a close game last week against Arizone (LSU's bitch)?? I hope the media doesn't be too biased and say that their win was so much more impressive. .. .. .. Even with their barely win last week, they didn't drop.

Didn't Southern Cal have a close game last week against Arizone (LSU's bitch)?? I hope the media doesn't be too biased and say that their win was so much more impressive. .. .. .. Even with their barely win last week, they didn't drop.

Exactly why I am not getting so worked up about this close win. All good teams have bad games and close calls. Heck, USC has had several in the last few years and they bounce right back from them. We can do the same thing.

Let's face it, since the LSU game, Auburn hasn't been playing up to it's potential. We were in the need of a wakeup. Hopefully our players have learned that anybody can beat you at any time.

If we didn't recieve a wake up call after the Wisconsin game, maybe we should start calling Tubby: Rip Van Tubby...

see what being obsessed with polls will do. It sets you up to get beat.

Auburn is much better than what we saw last night.

South Carolina is much better too.

Archived