Kenny Irons Quote

duckhuntersc

Kenny Irons said this about the play that Jasper Brinkley hit him and he still scored, "I knew that he was coming from the backside. But he should have hit me a little harder to take me out," he said. "He needs to get in the weight room a little more."

Those two had a pretty good battle tonight, I thought maybe Irons would respect him as a player after some of the licks he laid on him. I understand where he is coming from though, im sure our players would have been talking trash if we would have held him out of the endzone, and we would have won.

Kenny Irons said this about the play that Jasper Brinkley hit him and he still scored, "I knew that he was coming from the backside. But he should have hit me a little harder to take me out," he said. "He needs to get in the weight room a little more."

Those two had a pretty good battle tonight, I thought maybe Irons would respect him as a player after some of the licks he laid on him. I understand where he is coming from though, im sure our players would have been talking trash if we would have held him out of the endzone, and we would have won.

I wonder what he says about the guy who knocked him sideways at the one.

I can see where some may take that comment and look at it as disrespectful. But, as a player, especially an RB, if somebody asks you about a hit somebody put on you, well, you are naturally going to get a little prideful and say it did not bother you. In this case, Kenny just made the point that it did not stop him from getting the ball in the endzone. But, Kenny did not exactly waltz into the endzone on both of his TDs.

I can see where some may take that comment and look at it as disrespectful. But, as a player, especially an RB, if somebody asks you about a hit somebody put on you, well, you are naturally going to get a little prideful and say it did not bother you. In this case, Kenny just made the point that it did not stop him from getting the ball in the endzone. But, Kenny did not exactly waltz into the endzone on both of his TDs.

Kenny is a warrior if he wants to say the sc player didnt hit him hard enough to stop him, then let him he has earned that right to say whatever he wants!

Kenny is a warrior if he wants to say the sc player didnt hit him hard enough to stop him, then let him he has earned that right to say whatever he wants!

I'm not saying he doesn't. The guy did not stop him from getting in the end zone, so he can say that. I was just pointing out the fact that Kenny did not really run over anybody on his two TDs.

I didnt mean to start any fuss, I actually thought it was funny that before Kenny scored on 4th down Jasper stuffed him on 3rd down. Also on your last posession Jasper stuffed Kenny again on 3rd and 2. Also like I said, if we would have won the game Jasper probably would have been quoted as saying Kenny needs to go to the weightroom a little more. Again I was not trying to start an argument, if I wanted to do that I would have posted this in the smack forum.

I didnt mean to start any fuss, I actually thought it was funny that before Kenny scored on 4th down Jasper stuffed him on 3rd down. Also on your last posession Jasper stuffed Kenny again on 3rd and 2. Also like I said, if we would have won the game Jasper probably would have been quoted as saying Kenny needs to go to the weightroom a little more. Again I was not trying to start an argument, if I wanted to do that I would have posted this in the smack forum.

No argument. I just think my comment was misunderstood so I had to clarify.

No argument. I just think my comment was misunderstood so I had to clarify.

Ranger I agree with your post I was just saying he has earned the right to say that with no disrespect

Ranger I agree with your post I was just saying he has earned the right to say that with no disrespect

Oh, okay. I thought you may have misunderstood my comment about Kenny barely getting into the enzone and that you were referring to that.

I wish Kenny and David would both do a little less yapping, show some class. We aren't Miami.

I hate classless crap too. But in David's case, that is part of his job at his position now. Like it or not, that is just the way it is. CB and safety were the two positions I played on defense in high school and even back then, 16-17 years ago, we were talking smack to the receivers then. Heck, I was a WR for most of my football days, so I gave and received the smack talk. :lol:

With Kenny, it is a little different. He needs to show confidence, but there is a fine line between showing it and coming off as cocky when you are the "star" of the team. He already has a target on him given his position and talent. You do want to be careful what you say. You don't want to give some guy a reason to make it an extra effort to hunt you down during the game and take a cheap shot at you because the guy thinks he is "teaching you a lesson". There are too many jerks out there that would do that do him without him saying anything, no need to give them anymore reason. Anybody that has suited up knows even how some guys take cheap shots under the pile where the refs can't see. Kenny's comment was made after the game and was not that big of a deal to me, but like I said, some twisted jerkhole that is on our schedule could take that and turn into something just because he was looking for a reason.

here's the way i see the trashtalking in 3 easy steps:

1. If you talk smack before the game, you're an idiot. Unless it's your most fierce rival, why in the world would you want to fire up the other team? It just never made any sense. So I would classify the pregame smack as classless.

2. Smack during the game has been going on for a LONG time. There are some great stories about jim brown, paul hourning, and some of thos old guys talking a ton of sh**. Its part of the game and it doesn't bother me a bit. Now what kenny did after his run in the wsu game was a bit over the top, but that's really all we've seen that comes close to classless.

3. How you see talking smack after the game is up to you, but I see it as 'to the victor go the spoils'. You win, you say what you want.

Junior Rosegreen was another smack talker it comes with the territory guys.

David talks a little he doesn't get beat or made to look silly very often, if he uses it to raise his game as long as he keeps it above the belt, no worries.

Let me say this...Your USC Team played their GUTS out and gave AU all we wanted and then some. You should be VERY proud. Coach Spurrier has got them headed in the right direction and, when he has time to get HIS players into the program..LOOK OUT! He is one of, if not THE, best coaches in the Country.

Good luck the rest of the way! ! !

Archived