Michigan State

AUwingsfan

Ok, well first of all I have relatives that live in Michigan and are either MSU grads or attending still....from what I hear they are more or less the Auburn of the state of michigan, as they are looked down upon by the Michigan fans for being from "moo U", like how bama calls us the cow college...and also Michigan fans all brag about their many national championships....sort of like a few bama fans....

Anyways, I of course was pumped up to see the Spartans giving the wonderful Fighting Irish their money's worth, and as we all know then they had the debacle which ensued and now we hear all about the great comeback by the irish....

So...I just glimpsed at the Spartans schedule and this week they play Michigan and their next game is against Ohio State... I'd love it if they could regroup and beat one, or even better both of those teams, so we could stop hearing about how great they are. Even if they don't pull out a win, it'd help if Michigan State gave them a run for their money. I'll be watching the games closely, not only because I root them on because of my family, and the schools apparent similarity to Auburn in the sense that it is looked down upon by it's in state rival....but of course it doesn't help that Michigan State wins in both of these games would really shut Herbie and the rest of the ESPN crew up about how wonderful Ohio State and Michigan are...........

War Eagle and Go Spartans!!

MSU lost to Ron Zook and the Illini, sorry dude but is bad in East Langsing. But there is always hope and faith, so Go Sparty!

MSU lost to Ron Zook and the Illini, sorry dude but is bad in East Langsing. But there is always hope and faith, so Go Sparty!

yeah i know that they lost to illinois...but perhaps they were emotionally flat...as would be expected....but I agree I guess there's not much hope, but then again...maybe they'll surprise michigan or ohio state since the ESPN folks have written all of those two teams opponents off except for of course when the two meet later in the year.

yeah i know that they lost to illinois...but perhaps they were emotionally flat...as would be expected....but I agree I guess there's not much hope, but then again...maybe they'll surprise michigan or ohio state since the ESPN folks have written all of those two teams opponents off except for of course when the two meet later in the year.

Do you play poker, wings? Let me put it this way: the odds of MSU defeating either UM or OSU are worse than drawing to an inside straight.

MSU is one of those "cockroach" teams that never seem to do anything productive in the long run, but they sure can mess up somebody else's good thing on occasion.

In 1998, Ohio State was steamrolling toward an unbeaten season...Michigan State walked into Columbus and shocked tOSU. The Buckeyes finished 11-1.

I don't expect them to win either game, but they're a total wild card.

MSU is a frustrating program as a whole, they got it all except a good team. CFN did a poll and MSU was ranked #1 as the most overrated program over the last 25 years or so in college football.

Do you play poker, wings? Let me put it this way: the odds of MSU defeating either UM or OSU are worse than drawing to an inside straight.

12% sounds about right to me.

I have a very good friend that is an alum of MSU and was a cheerleader also while Magic was there. She is the most knowledgeable woman I know on football and basketball. I was told by her they would lose to Illinois and Meeechigan but would beat OSU. I can usually count on her for predictions about the Spartans because I can't remember when she's been wrong. So I'm just going to take her word for it. Plus if I don't I can't stay at her house on Ft. Myers Bch if I dare disagree. WDE :au:

No, I don't think Michigan State will get it together. I expect them to fully get destroyed by OSU and Michigan. There's no way you lose to the Fighting Illini and come back and beat OSU/Mich.

Archived