ESPN announcers

GalensGhost

Okay, we all pretty much agree that Corso, Holtz, DiNardo, Davie and Donnan (to a lesser degree) all suck. They should all be fired immediately. Fowler and Herbstriet have gotten too big for their panties and probably need to spend a couple of years together on some twisted Bravo reality show. So if we could wipe the slate clean, what former (or even current) coaches and commentators would you want to see in those anchor chairs?

Warning: Anyone who says Pete Carroll or Charile Weis will be bludgeoned with a shovel.

Buck and Kincade ...................wait they already have a show and Still SUX... But almost anything would be better than what they have now especially Silvester the putty Tat "Holtz".

Pat Dye?

HA! "Well....cough.....you see..cough cough.."

How about Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh? Oh wait...that didn't go well.

hum. How about someone that just reports the news and not try to make news.

Bring back Trev! For some reaosn I liked the guy.

amen to that. he was always one of the ones i liked

Fowler is alright...he seems to be the ring leader and lets Corso and Herbstreit be the clowns...

Saturday there was a lot of "Really? are you sure about that?" and "Wow...thats interesting" coming out of Fowler... IYAM keep Fowler and Herby and just get a southern/SEC homer clown to go along with them so that way we atleast have fair and balanced clowning.

Fowler = ring leader

Herby = Big 10 homer

SEC Homer (Can't think of someone..but can't have any biases agaisnt teams..must be willing to pump all of them)

That would be a useful show

Mark May is replaced with Chuck Amato, we then have Holtz and Amato and Orgeron latter joins the game. Then everyone in he nation has to use the caption feature of their tv to understand gameday.

Rush Propst??? :rolleyes:

Chris Fowler: What does Auburn have to do to win today?

Rush Propst: Auburn needs to go out there and beat the piss out of 'em.....YOU NEED TO BEAT THE PISS OUT OF 'EM!!!!

Kirk Herbstreit: Well I disagree. This game is all about style points.

Chris Fowler: What does Auburn have to do to get style points?

Kirk Herbstreit: Well, they need to change their name to Michigan or USC.

Rush Propst: WRONG.....they need to BEAT THE PISS OUT OF 'EM.

Rush Propst: Auburn needs to go out there and beat the piss out of 'em.....YOU NEED TO BEAT THE PISS OUT OF 'EM!!!!

DING! I got your answer right here. :)

Seriously, I wish they'd bring back Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried. I loved those two together. Did great on ESPN night games. I thought the group, Todd Blackledge and someone did a good job sat.

DING! I got your answer right here. :)

Seriously, I wish they'd bring back Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried. I loved those two together. Did great on ESPN night games. I thought the group, Todd Blackledge and someone did a good job sat.

franklin? yes, always does a good job, very underappreciated

Gottfried? Please god no, i'm not sure he ever knew what teams were playing when he did color.

Gottfried knew a lot about Alabama and Auburn. As for the rest of the schools, I don't know. He's a Mobile native and I thought he did a good color job. He knew how offenses and defenses worked and had insight as to adjustments made . I'll have to agree, I"ve heard him lately and he does sound different from what I remember him. I think he's been pushed so far down the ESPN totem poll that he doesn't have the same passion for Fresno-Hawaii as he does for a big SEC sat night matchup.

Franklin was great for setting up and talking up what a battle a game would be. He definitely had some great intros. Just the sound of his voice got me pumped up.

Blackledge needs help. All he could talk about was how Auburn should "go for it on 4th down and run some time off the clock". When CTT sent Vaughn out to kick his final field goal, Blackledge changed his tune and reasoning to "Auburn should kick the field goal and force Florida to score a touchdown to win".

These guys need to quit trying to out guess the coaches and just call the game...

Well, in the tradition of hiring washed up or loser coaches as an analyst, I think we can all guess who would fit in perfectly, but I will not say it so that this thread is not eventually moved to the woodshed. :lol:

I do agree that Spurrier would be a good one as far as his knowledge goes. I love the guy and I love his confidence, which some like to erroneously call arrogance. They would have to put him with another good coach, because if they surround him with idiots like a Corso, it would eat at him and we may witness the first on-air murder.

I really can't think of a retired coach that I think would work well with Spurrier. Pat Dye would be a good one, but his health is too bad to do it. So, I will have to go with a current coach also. I am not going to say CTT, because I do not want him retiring anytime soon. Frank Beamer comes to mind.

What about former players? ABC made an excellent hire with Doug Flutie this year. Even though he was a journyman in his pro career, Vinny Testaverda would be a good one. Bret Favre also would be a good one, but I expect he will eventually do NFL.

Archived