Urban Meyer's strange comments

TigerOne

this was in the Sunday paper, very strange, imagine if you are one of the "ornaments"?

also doesn't Meyer spend most of the game ON the field.

He needs to be flagged a few times to break him of this habit,

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill....xml&coll=1

Meyer's favorite Gator

Florida coach Urban Meyer makes no attempt to hide it. Wide receiver Jemalle Cornelius is his favorite Gator.

"He does everything for me," Meyer said. "He makes play after play, especially when you need a play to be made. If I had to draft a team in college, I'd probably take him either one or two with (safety) Reggie Nelson."

Meyer likes Cornelius so much that he made him a permanent captain.

"We rotate captains every week, but Jemalle Cornelius is the one constant," Meyer said. "He does the talking. He's my guy. The other guys that go out there (for the coin toss) are hood ornaments. They go out there and wave to the crowd so their moms and dads can take pictures of them. Jemalle Cornelius is the captain of this team. I trust him."

Meyer said Cornelius will always grade out as a champion, even if receivers coach Billy Gonzales says he didn't.

"That's my boy," Meyer said. "It's like saying (son) Nate Meyer didn't grade a champion. I hope Nate turns out to be like him, because Jemalle is a special guy. He's a player."

this was in the Sunday paper, very strange, imagine if you are one of the "ornaments"?

also doesn't Meyer spend most of the game ON the field.

He needs to be flagged a few times to break him of this habit,

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill....xml&coll=1

Meyer's favorite Gator

Florida coach Urban Meyer makes no attempt to hide it. Wide receiver Jemalle Cornelius is his favorite Gator.

"He does everything for me," Meyer said. "He makes play after play, especially when you need a play to be made. If I had to draft a team in college, I'd probably take him either one or two with (safety) Reggie Nelson."

Meyer likes Cornelius so much that he made him a permanent captain.

"We rotate captains every week, but Jemalle Cornelius is the one constant," Meyer said. "He does the talking. He's my guy. The other guys that go out there (for the coin toss) are hood ornaments. They go out there and wave to the crowd so their moms and dads can take pictures of them. Jemalle Cornelius is the captain of this team. I trust him."

Meyer said Cornelius will always grade out as a champion, even if receivers coach Billy Gonzales says he didn't.

"That's my boy," Meyer said. "It's like saying (son) Nate Meyer didn't grade a champion. I hope Nate turns out to be like him, because Jemalle is a special guy. He's a player."

What a freak.

Sounds like Urban is really "crushing" on him.

but isn't Tebow everybodies everything???

He was for one coach...... :big:

The other guys that go out there (for the coin toss) are hood ornaments. They go out there and wave to the crowd so their moms and dads can take pictures of them

:blink:

The other guys that go out there (for the coin toss) are hood ornaments. They go out there and wave to the crowd so their moms and dads can take pictures of them

:blink:

As a player this would piss me off and depending on how I felt about the team I might say I do not want to be a captain and either work for it or just play my best to contribute to the team regardless of what the coach says.

Sidebar Good Job Urban he was 0-0 against Auburn way to step up and be a playmaker.

I can't stand Meyer. He's in love with himself. I thought it was pretty pitiful how he threw Leak under the bus after the game. This expression of man love is a little weird though.

That is weird. Well nobody can accuse Meyer of having Tebow as his "special purpose" player -- which is even weirder. I just don't understand why he doesn't play Tebow at QB more than he does. :no:

It does remind me of Spurrier though. He throws players under the bus on a regular basis. For example, his comment after the SC game on-side kick was that "we have some players on this team that aren't very smart."

Archived