Me and my high school football team will be on ESPN2 Thursday @6PM

MJDub

Those of you who know anything about living with high school football in Texas will most likely know the teams for this game: The Woodlands vs. Lufkin. I play for The Woodlands so if you see #33 pacing along the sidelines (I'm not quite starter material), you'll know who it is. :thumbsup:

This is the only nationally televised high school game from Texas all year so it's a pretty sweet deal. Lufkin is #1 in Texas though, so we're a bit of an underdog for this. Even if you have no connection to football in Texas, you should still check it out for some good football. (ESPN2 Thursday @6PM) B)

great!

you gotta do something to get on camera. try holding up a sign or something from the sidelines...perhaps something like this:

Cindy Sheehan is Right!

that's sure gonna get you on TV.

WAR EAGLE, and good luck this Thursday.

ct

I will be watching too. I enjoy when they show a high school game of the week from somewhere across the US. On occasion, I try to keep up with the high school football out there in Texas. I have always been interested in football in Texas since I read 'Friday Night Lights' when it first came out. It amazes me how much money goes into some of the programs out there (stadiums, uniforms, coaches' salaries, etc). Good luck to your team and I will be watching!

Those of you who know anything about living with high school football in Texas will most likely know the teams for this game: The Woodlands vs. Lufkin. I play for The Woodlands so if you see #33 pacing along the sidelines (I'm not quite starter material), you'll know who it is. :thumbsup:

This is the only nationally televised high school game from Texas all year so it's a pretty sweet deal. Lufkin is #1 in Texas though, so we're a bit of an underdog for this. Even if you have no connection to football in Texas, you should still check it out for some good football. (ESPN2 Thursday @6PM) B)

NICE!

:au::homer:

Hey you play the same postion I did the one year I played:

Center, guard and tackle!

Center of the bench, guard the water bottle, and tackle anyone who gets near it.

Arkansas has a baseball player from The Woodlands, Wayne Hrozek.

Anyway, Lufkin is 2nd in the Southwest in the RiseMag's regional rankings for this week:

link

I'm a Texan by birth (don't tell anybody) but we didn't really care that much about the football team at my high school. Even though they did win a state title at 3A after I graduated (we were 4A when I was there).

Good luck.

Best wishes for a good, action-packed game for you! Maybe they'll put you in sooner than you expect for some national coverage. If you get on camera, just flash your thumb and mouth "Fear the..." and all the Auburn folks will recognize you!!!

Haha wow thanks for the responses everybody. Just as a follow up to a few questions, I play linebacker (usually middle) and I was up to 190-195lbs in the offseason and spring football but now I'm down to a scraggly 175 after I got sick had a severe ankle sprain a week before the season started. :thumbsdown: I was slated to rotate in a lot but that kind of went down the drain after I lost strength and muscle mass being out for a few weeks. I should get playing time in our easier games for the remainder of district play though. :)

Look for me (#33) because I'll definitely be jumping and/or pacing down the sidelines for much of the game so I won't be hard to see.

Thanks for the support everybody (especially TxWarEagle and bamaphan B) ) and check us out.

Haha wow thanks for the responses everybody. Just as a follow up to a few questions, I play linebacker (usually middle) and I was up to 190-195lbs in the offseason and spring football but now I'm down to a scraggly 175 after I got sick had a severe ankle sprain a week before the season started. :thumbsdown: I was slated to rotate in a lot but that kind of went down the drain after I lost strength and muscle mass being out for a few weeks. I should get playing time in our easier games for the remainder of district play though. :)

Look for me (#33) because I'll definitely be jumping and/or pacing down the sidelines for much of the game so I won't be hard to see.

Thanks for the support everybody (especially TxWarEagle and bamaphan B) ) and check us out.

At least you beat Conroe my senior year was the last time that Conroe beat TWHS. I saw Coach Rapp at my buddies wedding in the spring and he is still a great guy along with Coach Scmid.

At least you beat Conroe my senior year was the last time that Conroe beat TWHS. I saw Coach Rapp at my buddies wedding in the spring and he is still a great guy along with Coach Scmid.

Haha yeah we shut down Conroe pretty easily and we're keeping that tradition alive. Coach Rapp is one of the most sarcastic people I've ever met, but I can't help but like the guy. And Coach Schmid is definitely a lot better than Willig was, I think. He's just a fiery on the field, but he's a good "player's coach" too.

Small world, btw. B)

How did the game go?? Every time I tried to look in on it there was a weather delay, then a lighning delay, did y'all get to play and finish?? score?? details??

Ok everybody. Nature was not on our side as you could see with all the lightning delays. We came out very strong in the 3rd quarter and scored our first touchdown, making the score 9-7 Lufkin. We had all the momentum in the world and the crowd was going crazy and the mood on the sidelines was fantastic. But then we had to go inside with 8:14 left in the 3rd. The lightning kept coming and coming, eventually pushing the delay to 2 hours long. This killed every bit the momentum we had and Lufkin was able to regroup and make adjustments that they otherwise would've been unable to make since we were already past halftime.

Also, in the locker room during the delay, our concentration on the game dwindled as we focused more on our hunger (we hadn't eaten in 7 hours) and finding dry clothes to avoid rashes from the deluge that we'd had. In the second hour of the delay, one putz in the locker room brought out a deck of cards, so people starting focusing on the card game instead of the football game because we were now trying to find refuge from the boredom.

In the "3rd Half" which started around 9:45pm, we came out completely flat. We kicked off to Lufkin because somebody remembered that we scored a touchdown just before the delay, and they were able to score on a long pass. Our offense went 3 and out and then Lufkin scored on the very next play, a reverse pass, making the score now 24-7 Lufkin. This completely deflated us because time was running out and our offense was getting owned. They were able to score on us again within the last 5 mins making the score 31-7, which would be the final score.

This was the lowest score Lufkin was held to all year, and they were only able to gain 260yds of offense, even with our flat "3rd half" performance. They usually score 50+ points and gain well over 400yds of offense.

However, this just makes me even more angry, because anybody who watched the game before the delay could see that we were capable of beating Lufkin. They outmatched us physically, but we outmatched them mentally and emotionally. I'm not making excuses, but had we not been sitting in the locker room for two hours and not lost our emotion and concentration, we would definitely have upset the #1 team in Texas and the #3 team in the nation through sheer emotion.

We lost but I'll probably still remember the night for the rest of my life. If you saw #33, that was me by the way.

Man, that sucks....I figured the weather had been a problem. Tough luck......keep on truckin' and above all else.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

MJ, yall were looking good just as you said. Kim, Ethan, and I watched almost every play of the game. We all said War Damn Highlanders.

Question, just how big is your HS? They said you guys were the second biggest school in the state with two campuses. Is that right? How many kids go there?

Archived