BCS

HomanAU

What a croc this system is, Florida struggles against Vandy, both mich and OSU get out with their tails between their legs and texas jumps us? a team that came a hair of losing to texas tech a week ago.

granted we didn't beat anyone, but the BSC is really the BS.

What a croc this system is, Florida struggles against Vandy, both mich and OSU get out with their tails between their legs and texas jumps us? a team that came a hair of losing to texas tech a week ago.

I put money on next week USC jumps us

Just saw the rankings on Fox... :no:

If we win out, how high in the BCS standings do we have to finish to get an at large BCS bid?? is it the top 8? or top 12?.....I'd imagine top 8 but they said something about boise state making top 12 and being eligible, but i'm sure it's much probably harder for a team like that to make top 12 than for an SEC team to make the top 12, so I'd imagine teams from major conferences must finish in the top 8 of the BCS to qualify for an at large BCS bid??

Of course I'm still hoping we'll win out and Arkansas will lose 2 SEC games so we can get our rematch with Florida in the SEC Championship Game to quiet them about how they should have beaten us......but of course I'll take an at large BCS bid also if we win out and can't play for the conference championship....

And, on ESPN yesterday, they said a win is a win regarding those close games. They described our win is as "Ho Hum." I realize Arkansaw State is not a big opponent, but I can only infer from ESPN that Ball State is now considered a powerhouse! I guess we should have made the game closer is it wasn't so ho hum.

If thats the case then you can rest assure that USC will jump us next week... They cant keep their precious trojans out of a BCS game.... Of course if Cal beats them then theyll fall and we wont have to worry about them anymore... we'll just have to worry about Cal jumping us then... this is ridiculous... I mean even if these teams ahead of us the ones behind us will just keep jumping in front of us. They are going to do everything they can to keep us out of a BCS game because they know we will make a fool out of one of their precious teams like ND, Cal, USC or Texas

The BCS is compiled with math people not sure why anyone thinks winning big effects the BCS. The place you would move after a win over a lower tier team would be the computer poles because of the SOS hit for playing a team. You could move up or down because of the computer regarless of how you win. The only way you would see a big move for small win would be in the human polls if they felt you should drop several spots, but we know that doesn't happen.

So even after barely beating a middle tier team you stay put. UTexas jumped us because the computers dropped on the SOS.

Editing post:

Just checked the BCS numbers we went from .759 to .781 even with our SOS taking a hit, because we went up 1 spot in the human polls.

The computer just like UF not sure why...

Whats wrong with you guys? What happened to "O dont worry about the BCS - it will all work itself out." You guys seem to be worrying now, but why? A few weeks ago you guys were all optimistic about the system...

Everyone is talking about an OSU-UM rematch, I still don't see it ever happening. Watch out for OSU-Texas playing in Glendale if Louisville somewhere trips up (but I don't see that happening either).

They are going to do everything they can to keep us out of a BCS game because they know we will make a fool out of one of their precious teams like ND, Cal, USC or Texas

I highly doubt anybody is doing everything they can to keep us out. We're ranked high in the human polls, just not in the computer polls, I don't think the polls go out of their way to make sure we stay out of the BCS picture.

We will be 11-1 and receive a bid to the Orange Bowl. I would be willing to put money on it. Our opponent will be either Georgia Tech, Maryland, or Wake Forest. None of those opponents are overly exciting, but that's the way it will shake out b/c those are the three leaders in the ACC. I am happy with a BCS invite and we haven't played in the Orange for quite some time so it will be nice to have a change of scenery. We may get a Sugar invite IF Florida wins the SEC and finishes at #2 for the season and goes to Glendale. Look we got waxed by Arkansas, which is unnaceptable if you want to claim to be a national title team. Nothing against Arkansas, but national title teams have off weeks and find ways to pull it out anyway. National title teams don't get blown out. We did so this year I don't feel we are deserving of a title trip.

We are going to have to play well to go 11-1, I dont care if Georgia and Alabama are having awful years. Georgia will come to play through rest of the season agianst us and tech and Alabama just needs to beet us to have their best season in the last four years. Not to mention injurys are really starting to pile up especially at saftey.

"National title teams don't get blown out. We did so this year I don't feel we are deserving of a title trip".

Wrong. National title teams get blown out while still being awarded the national title ALL THE FRICKIN TIME. Check your college football history...recent history...my friend. In fact, national title teams have recently done things like fail to win 2 games the year they're awarded the title, lose to teams that finish 2-9, lose their second to last game of the season, and fail to win their own conference.

In our RESENT case a team that beat five...FIVE...top ten teams in the same season and went undefeated in the SEC, was not even awarded a CHANCE TO PLAY FOR the national title.

If you think Louisville or UF (oh yeah, that top 5 team we BEAT) is more deserving of a title game than us, I DON'T want to know what you're smoking. Get on the AU band-wagon, it doesn't require Kool-aid, just a demand some fair-treatment we've earned and deserve...

Best case scenario is USC lose to Oregan and beat Cal. :thumbsup:

Ohio St. and Michigan still play. Louisville, Texas, USC, Cal and Notre Dame all still have tough games to play (some against each other). As long as Auburn takes care of business, I don't think there will be a problem.

Although, I would rather have a chance to win the SECCG, at least that is decided on the field.

Archived