VOTE REPUBLICAN

WaReAgLe83

If you want to stay the course, see a shrink, and if he/she thinks it's safe, vote Republican. Voting Republican is like slamming a wooden stake through Dracula's heart.

Uh, just so you'll :homer: know:

The slammer is the voter.

The wooden stake is the vote.

Dracula's heart is our country.

We need to let a new set of idiots help run the country. Vote for democrats.

That's my big, ugly, completely partisan political statement for the year.

I'm WaReAgLe83 and I approved this topic heading. :)

The campaign that has been run against Jim Webb is just the sort of most grotesque example of this formula they're running all around the country. It goes something like this. This is their message, pretend I'm their guy: 'OK, we really messed up. I mean, this Iraq deal didn't work out too good and now we put Afghanistan at risk. And we probably shouldn't have put that horse show association guy in charge of FEMA... And you know, it was embarrassing when our senior White House aide that dealt with Mr. Abramoff had to go to prison. But Karl Rove didn't know him very well, he only had 485 contacts with the White House. And he's shy, Karl Rove, you've got to know him 486 times before he knows you. Yeah, we've got a lot of problems but you've still got to vote for us. 'Cuz my opponent is a slug. And they're going to tax you into the poorhouse. On the way to the poorhouse you'll meet a terrorist on every street corner. And when you try to run away from that terrorist you're going to trip over an illegal immigrant. You can't vote for 'em. I mean, is that it?'

Bill Clinton Nov. 6, 2006

I think I'd try to dig up a quote from someone besides a Clinton if I wanted to state my case against incompetence and corruption.

I think I'd try to dig up a quote from someone besides a Clinton if I wanted to state my case against incompetence and corruption.

Please expound upon Clinton's incompetence and corruption. Then do a comparative anaylysis with the incompetence and corruption of the current administration. I think your insight would be most helpful to undecided voters.

OK then Clinton worshiper, let's go another route. Tell me why should I (or anyone else for that matter) vote for the democrats today. I don't want to hear a bunch of anti-Bush moonbat drivel either. Tell me what the democratic Party will do to make America and my life better, not what the republicans supposedly screwed up.

If all you're going to do is string a list of media hyped "blunders", save your time. I'll not read them.

Go, convince me. You're on the clock.

OK then Clinton worshiper, let's go another route. Tell me why should I (or anyone else for that matter) vote for the democrats today. I don't want to hear a bunch of anti-Bush moonbat drivel either. Tell me what the democratic Party will do to make America and my life better, not what the republicans supposedly screwed up.

If all you're going to do is string a list of media hyped "blunders", save your time. I'll not read them.

Actually, he's not on the clock because, even if he did manage to convince you, your vote has already been cast in absentia, correct?

Actually, he's not on the clock because, even if he did manage to convince you, your vote has already been cast in absentia, correct?

Actually, he is. Re-read my post.

I still want to hear (from him) what the party of Dean will do to make my life better than it is right now over the next 2 years.

Hey, I'm no fan of Clinton. Believe me. But it's very strange that Bill Clinton is turning out to be a far more conservative president than Bush, given his total abandonment of fiscal solvency. The Prescription Act alone was a mind-boggling betrayal of conservative principles. He gave up on Social Security Reform before it ever got underway. He hasn't vetoed a single spending bill. He has not reformed our bizarre tax code. Etc. etc. etc.

So, while I understand your sentiment, my esteemed friend, he is no conservative by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I would offer that Bush is the Republican's answer to Jimmy Carter.

Seems my request for information is being avoided and there has been a feeble attempt to turn the tables and put little ol me on the defensive.

I asked first . . . tee, hee, hee!

The majority of Americans feel that the Republican administration has us heading in the wrong direction. So, "stay the course" and continue to the "tank" or vote for change to see if anyone can do better. Heck, if they just keep the Republicans from further governmental atrocities, they get my vote!

Oh, one last thing, is it too much to ask the outgoing Republicans to pay off the increase in the national debt on the way out the door?

I think what she's saying is that both parties are little better than hookers. And if you really think either one is interested in your welfare, then you're sadly mistaken my friends.

Actually, he is. Re-read my post.

I still want to hear (from him) what the party of Dean will do to make my life better than it is right now over the next 2 years.

I know what I want them to do; lower my taxes more, free 50 million more people in the Middle East from murdering tyrants, lower the unemployment rate more, prevent a major terrorist attack on the US for 5 more years, make the French hate us even more; when the Democrats can do all of that good, I will consider voting for them...

Can't vote for overtaxing, gay loving, babykilliers......

Sorry. Just not gonna doit.

I would suggest you settle then for the overspending, gay practicing, adult killers. Sorry I didn't see your post until it was too late to help you decide. Hopefully, you made the right choice. :thumbsup:

Legal Eagle, you're playing Chicken Little.... First of all, Bush has already made his appointments to the supreme court and it's stacked with conservatives for a long time. Probably at least until the next presidential election or beyond, so so much for baby killers. Second, same thing is true with gay rights. That is unlikely to be decided at the state levels and will likely be defeated in the high court. Thirdly, despite what the Repubs would h ave you believe, our policy in Iraq is unlikely to change although a new direction and strategy is needed and will almost certainly come to pass. That's not bad! Finally, I'm sick and tired of all this Karl Rove bull..it about dims spending. Hell, federal spending and the size of our government has grown under the repubics by HUGE amounts. They are a "borrow and spend" party who traditionally leave a mess behind for the dims to have to clean up. Moreover, the dims live in th is country too and they are not about to make the DUMB decisions about national security that repubs would have you believe. So relax some and chill.

Legal Eagle, you're playing Chicken Little.... First of all, Bush has already made his appointments to the supreme court and it's stacked with conservatives for a long time. Probably at least until the next presidential election or beyond, so so much for baby killers. Second, same thing is true with gay rights. That is unlikely to be decided at the state levels and will likely be defeated in the high court. Thirdly, despite what the Repubs would h ave you believe, our policy in Iraq is unlikely to change although a new direction and strategy is needed and will almost certainly come to pass. That's not bad! Finally, I'm sick and tired of all this Karl Rove bull..it about dims spending. Hell, federal spending and the size of our government has grown under the repubics by HUGE amounts. They are a "borrow and spend" party who traditionally leave a mess behind for the dims to have to clean up. Moreover, the dims live in th is country too and they are not about to make the DUMB decisions about national security that repubs would have you believe. So relax some and chill.

Me thinks you misunderstood my post. :rolleyes:

Me thinks I didn't misunderstand anything! Just nailed you!

Archived