No Fire

PowerI

It's not too late. One more game to go. Granted the past 11 games haven't been exactly what we have come to expect, this one game will redeem them. If they come out strong, we will forget about the last 11 games. If you can't get fired up for UGA, you at least have to get fired up for the Iron Bowl. No Auburn players can wear that jersey without feeling the excitement during IB.

I find this post (and many others like it) amusing. If I had been in Burma (I know it's Myanmar now, but it will always be Burma to me) the past few months, came back and read this post, I would think Auburn was 0-11. While I am as disappointed as anyone by last Saturday (and a few other games as well), I still am enjoying the season. I am not happy with the 9-2 record, mainly because of how we have lost (and how we have won more than one game), but this is not a horrible team. It is far from a great team, but we are in a place that others would like to be. I am disappointed that we aren't 11-0 and I am not settling for mediocrity, but at the same time, there have been some good memories of this season.

Avoid the rush. Hate Bama early.

Hell, if we lose the next two games, we'll be looking at 9-4. Is that exceptable? Not to me. Winning 10 games is not too much to ask from somebody that is one of the highest paid coaches in the country. The production needs to equal the salary. 9-4 is not up to my standards and it should not be up to yours either.

I am not saying this team is not good or anything like that. I know we can't go 13-0 every season, and I know we can't compete for the championship every year, which is why I was totally okay with us losing to Arkansas, what I am not okay with is playing the way we played against UGA. Seriously, if you're an Auburn football player, you have to be super excited knowing you play in two of college football's greatest rivalries, and last weekend I did not see a whole lot of that.

Will I take a 10-2 season? Hell yeah, but a 11-1 season would've been sweeter.

If we lose the next two games we will be 9-4. That's unacceptable. Winning 10 games is not too much to ask from a coach and staff that is the highest paid in the country.

Quick question...

Which would be worse news this week:

a) Lincoln Financial bought the game rights from CBS and will televise the Iron Bowl at 11:30, or

B) American Idol has been cancelled?

Discuss

Since I personally can't stand American Idol, hearing that it was cancelled would be good news to me! ...but that's just me--to each, his own.

It's not too late. One more game to go. Granted the past 11 games haven't been exactly what we have come to expect, this one game will redeem them. If they come out strong, we will forget about the last 11 games. If you can't get fired up for UGA, you at least have to get fired up for the Iron Bowl. No Auburn players can wear that jersey without feeling the excitement during IB.

I find this post (and many others like it) amusing. If I had been in Burma (I know it's Myanmar now, but it will always be Burma to me) the past few months, came back and read this post, I would think Auburn was 0-11. While I am as disappointed as anyone by last Saturday (and a few other games as well), I still am enjoying the season. I am not happy with the 9-2 record, mainly because of how we have lost (and how we have won more than one game), but this is not a horrible team. It is far from a great team, but we are in a place that others would like to be. I am disappointed that we aren't 11-0 and I am not settling for mediocrity, but at the same time, there have been some good memories of this season.

You speak Burmese?

And, in a tiny way, I almost feel responsible. I'm the one who sent him to Thailand - in search of low-cost whistles.

I suppose it comes from a lack of leadership, but I've noticed that this years team plays without any fire or emotion. Two years ago and even last year's team seemed to play with alot more emotion than this year's team. I've seen some glimpses of excitement in the second half against Florida and against LSU, but that's all. Hell, even bammer plays with more emotion than we do. I guess I just expected alot more from this team, but I'm real disappointed in the way this year has turned out.

I really believe that losing Stanley McClover to the nfl was a HUGE blow to our defense. He was Mr. Excitement. Groves did it against UF...but that was about it. He needs to fill that gap and be dominant EVERY game...especially THIS game!!!! BEAT BAMAR!!!

:au::homer:

I was curious as to how long it would be before someone made a post that made PERFECT sense.

We are AUBURN. We will not only survive, we WILL Thrive ! ! ! !

Archived