No Fire

PowerI

I suppose it comes from a lack of leadership, but I've noticed that this years team plays without any fire or emotion. Two years ago and even last year's team seemed to play with alot more emotion than this year's team. I've seen some glimpses of excitement in the second half against Florida and against LSU, but that's all. Hell, even bammer plays with more emotion than we do. I guess I just expected alot more from this team, but I'm real disappointed in the way this year has turned out.

I suppose it comes from a lack of leadership, but I've noticed that this years team plays without any fire or emotion. Two years ago and even last year's team seemed to play with alot more emotion than this year's team. I've seen some glimpses of excitement in the second half against Florida and against LSU, but that's all. Hell, even bammer plays with more emotion than we do. I guess I just expected alot more from this team, but I'm real disappointed in the way this year has turned out.

I couldn't agree more... win or lose, these guys should be fired up for the entire 60 minutes. The past few games they have simply come out flat.

It's not too late. One more game to go. Granted the past 11 games haven't been exactly what we have come to expect, this one game will redeem them. If they come out strong, we will forget about the last 11 games. If you can't get fired up for UGA, you at least have to get fired up for the Iron Bowl. No Auburn players can wear that jersey without feeling the excitement during IB.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It's not too late. One more game to go. Granted the past 11 games haven't been exactly what we have come to expect, this one game will redeem them. If they come out strong, we will forget about the last 11 games. If you can't get fired up for UGA, you at least have to get fired up for the Iron Bowl. No Auburn players can wear that jersey without feeling the excitement during IB.

I find this post (and many others like it) amusing. If I had been in Burma (I know it's Myanmar now, but it will always be Burma to me) the past few months, came back and read this post, I would think Auburn was 0-11. While I am as disappointed as anyone by last Saturday (and a few other games as well), I still am enjoying the season. I am not happy with the 9-2 record, mainly because of how we have lost (and how we have won more than one game), but this is not a horrible team. It is far from a great team, but we are in a place that others would like to be. I am disappointed that we aren't 11-0 and I am not settling for mediocrity, but at the same time, there have been some good memories of this season.

Avoid the rush. Hate Bama early.

Quick question...

Which would be worse news this week:

a) Lincoln Financial bought the game rights from CBS and will televise the Iron Bowl at 11:30, or

B) American Idol has been cancelled?

Discuss

I find this post (and many others like it) amusing. If I had been in Burma (I know it's Myanmar now, but it will always be Burma to me) the past few months, came back and read this post, I would think Auburn was 0-11. While I am as disappointed as anyone by last Saturday (and a few other games as well), I still am enjoying the season. I am not happy with the 9-2 record, mainly because of how we have lost (and how we have won more than one game), but this is not a horrible team. It is far from a great team, but we are in a place that others would like to be. I am disappointed that we aren't 11-0 and I am not settling for mediocrity, but at the same time, there have been some good memories of this season.

You, on the moped! Sell me one of your melons!

I agree with you Old Timer, 9-2 is a lot better than 6-5 and anyone that calls 9-2 a "bad season" needs to look back in the past and get a reality check of what a "BAD SEASON" really is. We all knew good and well that UGA was going to play balls to the wall just like UAT will and IMHO the loss to UGA was a kind of a good thing so know our guys can remember how bad it sucks to lose to your rival and we can go into the Iron Bowl and beat the crap out UAT. War Damn Eagle!

My how far we have come again when 9-3, 10-2 is mediocrity!

Exactly.

Mediocre? Perhaps if you're expecting a 13-0 season every year and you get disappointed when your lotto ticket doesn't deliver $450 million every week....and you're a mouth-breathing retard.

Exactly.

Mediocre? Perhaps if you're expecting a 13-0 season every year and you get disappointed when your lotto ticket doesn't deliver $450 million every week....and you're a mouth-breathing retard.

Yeah, but I have been getting those same numbers for 20 years now. You would think they would hit for $450 million at least once in that time.

Exactly.

Yeah, but I have been getting those same numbers for 20 years now. You would think they would hit for $450 million at least once in that time.

Don't stop belieeeeeeevin'!

Sing it Steve!

Don't encourage me. I'll bring you to tears with my rendition of "Lights"...and not in a good way.

I was getting all reved up for the guitar solo in "Stone in Love".

Sing it Steve!

Don't encourage me. I'll bring you to tears with my rendition of "Lights"...and not in a good way.

I don't take requests.

Promise you'll close the show with "Open Arms".

See my previous post re: requests. Besides, the cumulative effect on the lady members of the audience would shame Tom Jones.

Sing it Steve!

I don't take requests.

I heard you do if a couple of Benjamins go your way.

Sing it Steve!

I don't take requests.

I heard you do if a couple of Benjamins go your way.

OK, but I must insist on getting the negatives....um, I mean, sure I'll sing your song.

Sorry dont mean to hi-jack name thath tune, but getting back to PowerI's complaining uh topic. While, I think we can all agree that no one is happy with this weekends game, calling this season an disappointment is a little harsh. I am still pissed off myself, but did you ever stop and think that these kids have played for eleven (11) solid weeks (soon to be 12)....even the pros get a week off before the 11th week and to ask for total intensity and fire each week, well maybe that was asking to much of this team. Not every team can have a championship year, we have had some injuries this year, perhaps our leadership wasnt where it should be, lots of obstacles stand in the way of these kids each year...oh btw rember they have classes during the week too.

As fans (myself included) we get caught up in these games, but its not if Brandon was mailing in his effort, certainly King Dunlap didnt want Brandon to get sacked nor did the defense want to give up 37 points. The point is these kids give it their all to play football, and they do it without getting paid, (a scholarship is not worth the abuse they put on their bodies...but thats another topic) and they get to be hero's (when they win) and blamed (when they lose). We have some young kids on this team, this program is in the best shape it has been in for a long time, we have already recieved some great verbals for next year, we want to be in the hunt well up until this past weekend we were in the hunt......we will get their folks ...just have some faith...our time will come!

WDE

I am not saying this team is not good or anything like that. I know we can't go 13-0 every season, and I know we can't compete for the championship every year, which is why I was totally okay with us losing to Arkansas, what I am not okay with is playing the way we played against UGA. Seriously, if you're an Auburn football player, you have to be super excited knowing you play in two of college football's greatest rivalries, and last weekend I did not see a whole lot of that.

Will I take a 10-2 season? Hell yeah, but a 11-1 season would've been sweeter.

Archived