Kenny Irons in trouble?

OKieAuburnDoug

The coaches might say a little something to him, but BC and CT said the same thing about the offense, the lack of execution. It is frustration speaking.

Basically, fanatic, he says that he didn't think UGA could stop the run and he wishes we would have run more and he wishes he would have had more carries...I guess that is what Okie is trying to stir up...uh...I mean talking about.

Help a brotha wit a mean ol firewall out. What does he say in those post-game comments?

Ki says (as did BC and CT) that the offense didn't execute. KI also said he felt the running game was abandoned to soon.

Kenny was just being honest. He didn't bad mouth anybody. Nothing wrong with that.

Looking at Kenny and brandon and how down they were, it makes me angrey to see the comments some people have made here. These guys were on the field and they felt worse than anybody. Too bad some here are so critical of these guys.

why get mad? he's 100% correct. we had three runners average 5 ypc, and only tried to run the ball 19 times. that's the dumbest state line i've seen all year. borges should just eat his pride and say he's sorry for putting the offense in a bad situation when all he had to do was hand it off.

Thanks guys. Irons had every right to be mad, as did Lester, Stewart and Tate. They should have run much more in the first half, and I don't exactly know why they didn't.

Maybe knowing this, the coaching strategy this week will be to run, run, follow that up with a little more running, and then, just to throw the bammers off a little, run to the other side of the field. Heck, if LSU can run on them like they did, I would imagine that Auburn could go for 150-200 on the ground on Saturday.

He is right almost ever time they gave it to BL he got 5 or 6 yards we have to stop giving up on the run game it is carzy that is our best trait and we continue to just give up on it. Hugh Nall knows all about that maybe he should wiegh in.

He said nothing wrong and was basically right on almost all points. I saw a very disappointed/frustrated Kenny Irons.

Given that it was his last game at Jordan-Hare, the competitor he is.... he handled himself very well.

He said nothing wrong and was basically right on almost all points. I saw a very disappointed/frustrated Kenny Irons.

Given that it was his last game at Jordan-Hare, the competitor he is.... he handled himself very well.

Could this be another take on KI's comments - "I want to put the team on my back and carry it when it's having trouble"?

If that is a legitimate interpretation - and I think it is - don't we need more guys with that attitude?

I understand the frustration, but I will say...it's not like we were throwing the ball all over the place. We only attempted 12 passes. We had 21 rush attempts, so almost double. But when you only complete 4 passes and complete the same amount to the other team, it sort of blows everything up.

I understand the frustration, but I will say...it's not like we were throwing the ball all over the place. We only attempted 12 passes. We had 21 rush attempts, so almost double. But when you only complete 4 passes and complete the same amount to the other team, it sort of blows everything up.

HOWEVER...Brandon was having a bad day, UGA was dominating time of possession...and you counter that with a successful running game. Kenny had 49 yards on only 10 carries, and Brad was a manster...why throw???!!! JMHO.... NOW BEAT BAMAR!!!

:au::homer:

HOWEVER...Brandon was having a bad day, UGA was dominating time of possession...and you counter that with a successful running game. Kenny had 49 yards on only 10 carries, and Brad was a manster...why throw???!!! JMHO.... NOW BEAT BAMAR!!!

Well here's how things progressed. Georgia marches straight down the field on our defense to go up 7-0 on their opening possession. Our first possession looks like this:

1st-10, AU 23, Cox sacked for loss of 5.

2nd-15, AU 18, Kenny runs for 7 yds.

3rd-9, AU 25, Incomplete pass, 5 yd penalty on AU

4th-14, AU 20, Punt

On UGA's next possession, they were again driving. Went from their 26 to our 32 before Stafford fumbled and Blackmon recovered. So then we did this:

1st-10, AU 32, Kenny runs for 3 yds.

2nd-7, AU 36, Cox sacked for loss of 1.

3rd-8, AU 35, Stewart runs for 7 yds.

4th-1, AU 42 , We go for it but UGA committed 5 yard penalty. 1st down

1st-10, AU 47 , Kenny runs for 5 yds.

2nd-5, UGA 48, Stewart runs for 3 yds.

3rd-2, UGA 45, Kenny gets stuffed for no gain. Trott called for holding, 10 yd penalty

3rd-13, AU 44, Cox intercepted by Tra Battle, returned to the AU 40.

So thus far, we've attempted 4 passes, all of which were with 7 or more yards to go for a first, two of which were on 3rd down and 9 or more to go. And while Kenny and Co have looked good so far, they haven't just gashed the Georgia defense either. And penalties are killing us.

Georgia takes that possession and is driving again. Gets down to our 16 before it stalls and they kick a FG. Now 10-0, UGA.

Our next possession:

1st-10, AU20, Kenny Irons rush for 6 yards.

2nd-4, AU26, Kenny Irons rush 7 yards to the AU33, 1ST DOWN

1st-10, AU33, Kenny Irons rush over left guard for 10 yards, 1ST DOWN

1st-10, AU43, Kenny Irons rush over right guard for 2 yards.

2nd-8, AU45, Cox right screen pass complete to Carl Stewart for loss of 3.

3rd-11, AU42, Cox sacked for loss of 6 yards.

4th-17, AU36, Kody Bliss punt 29 yards to the UGA35

This would be the first possession where you could quibble with the choice to throw, but again, there were 8 yds and 11 yards to go on these and again the offensive line allows a sack. Bliss' punt was terrible.

Georgia takes the ball right down the field again and scores a TD. We're down 17-0.

At this point, you're starting to feel the pressure. Things are ugly and you need to score, so we come out and throw. Cox is intercepted for a TD. UGA up 24-0.

I guess all I'm saying is that up to this point, the pass has been bad from throwing to blocking, but the run has had only limited success...not anything that's sustaining drives. And we're down by 24. We did come out and run it after a great kick return to the UGA 41 and went down to score, but by the time we got the ball back, it was on our own 26 with 1:56 in the half. We went to the two minute offense which naturally involved passing. Cox was intercepted again and it was returned to the AU 20. Georgia got another TD to make it 30-7.

I mean, at that point, do you think the Borges is being totally bullheaded in calling passes? As we fell behind, would you have been happy seeing more runs if we're falling more behind and we've only had one drive on a short field where the run was gashing UGA?

I know we can second guess a lot of particular decisions, but to say that UGA wasn't stopping our run like Borges was just too blind to see it doesn't deal in reality given the progression of events. Heck the TD that got us to within 30-15 was a 34 yd pass from Cox to Rod Smith. And how did our defense respond to that potential momentum changer? They gave up an 80 yd drive for a TD that ate 7 minutes off the clock. UGA 37-15.

I do think some play calls were questionable. But then again, the line wasn't blocking, people committed dumb penalties at critical moments and the defense wasn't stopping anything. We didn't attempt that many passes but when we did Cox was under a heavy rush and getting sacked or having the ball tipped or making a bad throw.

Seems to me the way the team played overall, the only thing running it more would have done is shortened the misery.

Georgia marches straight down the field on our defense to go up 7-0 on their opening possession.

TD that got us to within 30-15 was a 34 yd pass from Cox to Rod Smith. And how did our defense respond to that potential momentum changer? They gave up an 80 yd drive for a TD that ate 7 minutes off the clock. UGA 37-15.

And there you have the situation in a nutshell.

Defense gives up long drive after long drive, forcing AU's hand. How many times did UGA punt? That can't continue.

Well here's how things progressed. Georgia marches straight down the field on our defense to go up 7-0 on their opening possession. Our first possession looks like this:

1st-10, AU 23, Cox sacked for loss of 5.

2nd-15, AU 18, Kenny runs for 7 yds.

3rd-9, AU 25, Incomplete pass, 5 yd penalty on AU

4th-14, AU 20, Punt

On UGA's next possession, they were again driving. Went from their 26 to our 32 before Stafford fumbled and Blackmon recovered. So then we did this:

1st-10, AU 32, Kenny runs for 3 yds.

2nd-7, AU 36, Cox sacked for loss of 1.

3rd-8, AU 35, Stewart runs for 7 yds.

4th-1, AU 42 , We go for it but UGA committed 5 yard penalty. 1st down

1st-10, AU 47 , Kenny runs for 5 yds.

2nd-5, UGA 48, Stewart runs for 3 yds.

3rd-2, UGA 45, Kenny gets stuffed for no gain. Trott called for holding, 10 yd penalty

3rd-13, AU 44, Cox intercepted by Tra Battle, returned to the AU 40.

So thus far, we've attempted 4 passes, all of which were with 7 or more yards to go for a first, two of which were on 3rd down and 9 or more to go. And while Kenny and Co have looked good so far, they haven't just gashed the Georgia defense either. And penalties are killing us.

Georgia takes that possession and is driving again. Gets down to our 16 before it stalls and they kick a FG. Now 10-0, UGA.

Our next possession:

1st-10, AU20, Kenny Irons rush for 6 yards.

2nd-4, AU26, Kenny Irons rush 7 yards to the AU33, 1ST DOWN

1st-10, AU33, Kenny Irons rush over left guard for 10 yards, 1ST DOWN

1st-10, AU43, Kenny Irons rush over right guard for 2 yards.

2nd-8, AU45, Cox right screen pass complete to Carl Stewart for loss of 3.

3rd-11, AU42, Cox sacked for loss of 6 yards.

4th-17, AU36, Kody Bliss punt 29 yards to the UGA35

This would be the first possession where you could quibble with the choice to throw, but again, there were 8 yds and 11 yards to go on these and again the offensive line allows a sack. Bliss' punt was terrible.

Georgia takes the ball right down the field again and scores a TD. We're down 17-0.

At this point, you're starting to feel the pressure. Things are ugly and you need to score, so we come out and throw. Cox is intercepted for a TD. UGA up 24-0.

I guess all I'm saying is that up to this point, the pass has been bad from throwing to blocking, but the run has had only limited success...not anything that's sustaining drives. And we're down by 24. We did come out and run it after a great kick return to the UGA 41 and went down to score, but by the time we got the ball back, it was on our own 26 with 1:56 in the half. We went to the two minute offense which naturally involved passing. Cox was intercepted again and it was returned to the AU 20. Georgia got another TD to make it 30-7.

I mean, at that point, do you think the Borges is being totally bullheaded in calling passes? As we fell behind, would you have been happy seeing more runs if we're falling more behind and we've only had one drive on a short field where the run was gashing UGA?

I know we can second guess a lot of particular decisions, but to say that UGA wasn't stopping our run like Borges was just too blind to see it doesn't deal in reality given the progression of events. Heck the TD that got us to within 30-15 was a 34 yd pass from Cox to Rod Smith. And how did our defense respond to that potential momentum changer? They gave up an 80 yd drive for a TD that ate 7 minutes off the clock. UGA 37-15.

I do think some play calls were questionable. But then again, the line wasn't blocking, people committed dumb penalties at critical moments and the defense wasn't stopping anything. We didn't attempt that many passes but when we did Cox was under a heavy rush and getting sacked or having the ball tipped or making a bad throw.

Seems to me the way the team played overall, the only thing running it more would have done is shortened the misery.

Good anlaysis...but I have a different view. The running game would've done away with 4 devastating, game changing INT's, as well as the sacks, and would've given us a chance to at least be IN the game. The timing of the sacks and INT's was terrible (there's never a GOOD time...but you know what I mean...do I know this board or what?), and killed any momentum we may have generated.

Add to that the fact that a tired UGA D might have given up much LARGER gains later in the game...and we may have actually been able to come back and win this thing. I mean, we were only down 2 scores in the third...30-15.... Anyway...that's the way I see it. Our backs NEVER got a chance to get into a rhythm...and most great backs get better as the game goes on.

Absolutely no problem with what he said. He told it like it was. He was a very dejected young man. He is back around 85% percent healthy. He was ready to rock and roll and the coaches never gave him a chance.

THE GAME PLAN WAS PATHETIC. ANYTIME YOU DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE BALL AT AUBURN YOUR GAME PLAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived