eric brock?

damabama

If he does, I would not expect him anywhere close to 100% simply becuase he had a high ankle sprain.

What exactly is a high ankle sprain? Is it a sprain in the leg in the area above the ankle?

The bony and soft tissue anatomy of the ankle place the lateral side of the ankle at higher risk than the medial side. The distal end of the fibula (ie, the lateral malleolus) extends further inferiorly than the distal end of the tibia (ie, the medial malleolus). This discrepancy in length gives the medial ankle superior stability by improving bony resistance to eversion.

The ligaments of the medial ankle, collectively known as the deltoid ligament complex, form a broad strong ligamentous stability to prevent eversion. On the lateral side, there is only minimal bony stability. Ligamentous stability comes from 3 relatively small ligaments, the anterior talofibular ligament (ATFL), the calcaneofibular ligament (CFL), and the posterior talofibular ligament (PTFL). The deltoid ligament is a complex of very strong thick ligaments, which provides medial ankle stability. The syndesmotic ligament complex consists of the anterior tibiofibular ligament, the posterior tibiofibular ligament, and the distal interosseus membrane between the tibia and the fibula. A sprain of the syndesmotic ligament complex is sometimes called a "high ankle sprain" and often presents with anterior ankle pain.

said by emedicine very concisely...tough one to heal.

If he does, I would not expect him anywhere close to 100% simply becuase he had a high ankle sprain.

What exactly is a high ankle sprain? Is it a sprain in the leg in the area above the ankle?

Nah, it's just high on the ankle.

What type sprain is it? I had a type III that kept me out of HS basketball my senior year. I hope that Brock's isn't serious and he'll be ready to go. I know that playing in the Iron Bowl would be a very special thing for players of both teams.

The bony and soft tissue anatomy of the ankle place the lateral side of the ankle at higher risk than the medial side. The distal end of the fibula (ie, the lateral malleolus) extends further inferiorly than the distal end of the tibia (ie, the medial malleolus). This discrepancy in length gives the medial ankle superior stability by improving bony resistance to eversion.

The ligaments of the medial ankle, collectively known as the deltoid ligament complex, form a broad strong ligamentous stability to prevent eversion. On the lateral side, there is only minimal bony stability. Ligamentous stability comes from 3 relatively small ligaments, the anterior talofibular ligament (ATFL), the calcaneofibular ligament (CFL), and the posterior talofibular ligament (PTFL). The deltoid ligament is a complex of very strong thick ligaments, which provides medial ankle stability. The syndesmotic ligament complex consists of the anterior tibiofibular ligament, the posterior tibiofibular ligament, and the distal interosseus membrane between the tibia and the fibula. A sprain of the syndesmotic ligament complex is sometimes called a "high ankle sprain" and often presents with anterior ankle pain.

Now how does a good old boy from NW Alabama know all those big words? :big:

Nice knowledge.

So tell me this. I turned my foot over in a stupid mole tunnel while walking the dog. Hurt like hell. Right under and in front of my ankle I have persistent pain now. No real swelling, just pain when I move my foot and when I step a certain way. Been that way for about three weeks now.

What's that?

One more time in English, please :big:

His chance of playing looks better today than it did yesterday.

From the practice report yesterday they said he ran on the side and cut well. They are going to ease him back into action today.

Archived