We Are Better

boddatiger99

The tide nation is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY overconfident this year. It's been discussed 100 different ways here and on other boards...but, just want to remind everyone:

We have better fans.

We have a better stadium.

We have a much better head coach.

We have more depth in key positions.

We have an undefeated record in JHW.

We are known for playing well after a let-down game.

We have better spirit, better tradition, and have been playing much better football.

We have the Better Team!

Could they still win? Of course. Perhaps. The better team does not always win.

But c'mon! For those of you going, you better be screaming your heads off!

My prediction: AUburn goes in and shuts up all the bammers running their mouths about how great their 6-5 team is playing right now.

War Eagle. Here's to better days. AU makes the thumb a reality. :thumbsup:

:au:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Post! I sure hope you're right! I don't think I'll be able to stand all these Bama fans if we lose!

War Eagle! :cheer:

I can't stand them even when we win. You have to hear about how they won the 3rd quarter or how they have the bahr, etc.

Don't forget, if it weren't for 5 different plays in 5 different games...they could be 11-0 today. Just remember that, for each lose, they were one play away from winning. If those 5 different plays had of went the other way....they could be 11-0.

The tide nation is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY overconfident this year. It's been discussed 100 different ways here and on other boards...but, just want to remind everyone:

We have better fans.

We have better spirit, better tradition, and have been playing much better football.

We have the Better Team!

My prediction: AUburn goes in and shuts up all the bammers running their mouths about how great their 6-5 team is playing right now.

Heh...thanks, i needed a chuckle.

If we don't come out strong, we will encourage them. They WILL be ready and motivated and I can't say we were against Arky and Jawga. This Bammer team is dangerous and if you don't believe it, just watch Saturday....... Dum Dum's stupid statement of fear the thumb could very will turn out to "feel the finger."

If we don't come out strong, we will encourage them. They WILL be ready and motivated and I can't say we were against Arky and Jawga. This Bammer team is dangerous and if you don't believe it, just watch Saturday....... Dum Dum's stupid statement of fear the thumb could very will turn out to "feel the finger."

For most of the week, since the UGA whooping we took, I have thought just like you. However, the farther from UGA and the closer to the IB we get, the more clarity I have on the situation.

We are reeling from a butt kicking by UGA. They are coming off a moral victory only losing to LSU by two touchdowns. The reality of the situation is that was one of their best games to date. And last week was our worst game to date.

This is OUR GAME to win or to lose. Bottom line.

I would not be at all surprised to see them trying to take out Brandon Cox's knee all day long...along with several Jimmy Johns headbutts....and no telling how many cheap shot no-calls we will see. Just be ready for an ugly game, but it is still our game.

We have better fans.

We have the Better Team!

The truth makes you chuckle? Now that's a different twist for a bammer.

We have better fans.

We have the Better Team!

I'm still semi new to this board, but I dont get the joke BG. What did he say that was funny?

Better stadium?

Even AU fans disagree with that.

We have better fans.

How in the world do you quantify that? "I love my team with 101.2303% of my heart...the other teams fans...only 97%"

Better head coach

No. Better assistants...yes (except D cord).

We have more depth in key positions

Lets see...its not WR. Its not QB. It is at RB. Its definitely not at DB. It is at DL. Its not at LB...at least not right now. Talk to me after Blackmon gets a true hold on things, then you have a point. But what I saw against UGA...LBs arent AU's strong point right now.

Undefeated record in JHW

Does that REALLY matter? They have played 3 games since like 1754. Two of which were our worst fielded teams in the last 50 years. So you have ONE good win in BDS in the history of Auburn football. Yeah...that one is in our heads. We are cursed.

We are known for playing well after a let-down game

Thats about as good as saying "we play well on saturdays when the temp is between 57 and 59 degrees and slightly overcast".

We have better spirit, better tradition, and have been playing much better football

1) Another unquantifiable proposition

2) Explain please

3) Since when? Since last week? The team I saw against UGA didnt impress me at all.

We have the Better Team

Agreed. You have the better team if Keith Brown doesnt play saturday.

Could they still win? Of course. Perhaps. The better team does not always win

True...see 2002

Better head coach

No. Better assistants...yes (except D cord).

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

This has to be sarcasm. A great coach wins some games he is supposed to lose. A bad coach loses games he is supposed to win. You do the math.

There are many many AU fans who will tell you that Tubby is only as good as his assistants. He's proven that in the past.

Honestly, he doesnt impress me as a head coach (neither does shula at this point). What I will say, is that Tommy has proven to make the tough decisions when having to make changes with his staff. Dont know if Shula's got the sack for that.

And at this stage in the game...there's no WAY you can tell me that Muschamp is a better D cord than Kines.

Better stadium?

Even AU fans disagree with that. You are delusional.

We have better fans.

How in the world do you quantify that? "I love my team with 101.2303% of my heart...the other teams fans...only 97%" We are not inbred. Ok, ok, ok, sorry for that. This is a never ending argument. Both sides have great fans and sorry fans. I just tend to think we have many many more true fans. (Not to mention more of our fan base ACTUALLY attended the University.)

Better head coach

No. Better assistants...yes (except D cord). You are right. I should have said MUCH MUCH MUCH better head coach. Might want to check their records. Might want to check their stance on discipline.

We have more depth in key positions

Lets see...its not WR. Its not QB. It is at RB. Its definitely not at DB. It is at DL. Its not at LB...at least not right now. Talk to me after Blackmon gets a true hold on things, then you have a point. But what I saw against UGA...LBs arent AU's strong point right now. First, Bammer better hope Blackmon doesn't get a "true hold on things"...that, my friend, could get ugly for any offensive player in the vicinity. Second, thanks for bringing up UGA again. You only further prove my point. That's all Bammer fans want to talk about...how ridiculous we looked in that game (and we did). That's fine. Let them put stock in one game. Any smart football fan...espcially in the wild SEC...should know you can never predict an upcoming game based off the prior week's performance - especially this year.

Undefeated record in JHW

Does that REALLY matter? They have played 3 games since like 1754. Two of which were our worst fielded teams in the last 50 years. So you have ONE good win in BDS in the history of Auburn football. Yeah...that one is in our heads. We are cursed. It IS in your heads, both players and fans alike. Is it extra motivation for you guys? Sure. But the moment AU goes up by 7, most Bammers will say, "Here we go again."

We are known for playing well after a let-down game

Thats about as good as saying "we play well on saturdays when the temp is between 57 and 59 degrees and slightly overcast". Actually, it's more like 63.7 to 65.2 degrees with a NE slight breeze.

We have better spirit, better tradition, and have been playing much better football

1) Another unquantifiable proposition

2) Explain please

3) Since when? Since last week? The team I saw against UGA didnt impress me at all. It's an AUburn thing, you will never get it. Plus, I haven't been all that impressed with 6-5 and softy coach sheila.

We have the Better Team

Agreed. You have the better team if Keith Brown doesnt play saturday. Thanks for making my point. It's about TEAM, not individual play. (By the way, TT has built his program on this.)

Could they still win? Of course. Perhaps. The better team does not always win

True...see 2002

But I do think the BETTER team, our Tigers, will win this year. If you guys pull the upset in JHW then have fun rubbing it in....but for now, the smack talk and this meaningless back and forth is way too much fun. War Eagle!

wasn't it common knowledge last week before we faced UGA? I sure hope the team doesn't think we're better than Bama in any of those ways or they're just gonna think they've earned the W before the game is even played, kinda like when we played Arkansas and UGA. Record at this point doesn't really mean a thing, again, case in point: UGA. Relying on our "undefeated" record in JHW is really not all that impressive.. considering we're only 2-0 in our era... that doesn't really mean anything... and no, we don't have depth at key positions, we may have the bodies at key position but we don't have the experience and the know-how, if we do, we won't be playing so many redshirt freshmen at DL, LB, DB, and TE..

Not saying we're not good, but I just don't want people to think this game is a lock for us because as this season has shown that there is no such thing as a "lock" game.

let's get back through the list:

1) no auburn fan thinks the ever-silent jordan-hare west is better than the original. bigger isn't better. i've been to both on multiple occasions; there is no comparing the noise level of the two.

2) we are far fewer walk-on alumni. that's good enough for me.

3) you must be the most delusional bama fan i know. want to know how you can see the difference between tubs and shula? look at tubby's record at ole miss. that team was coming off probation, had zero history, and still managed to find a bowl almost every season. that, by itself, proves to me he's better than shula. plus, he did that with terrible coordinators. terrible. mazzone has been fired twice since leaving auburn, and the dc (whose name i'm blanking on at present) lasted all of two years at auburn when the stakes went up. shula is a joke. but i hope to high heaven that he stays... best thing that ever happened to auburn.

4) neither of us really have this. although i'll take our depth at OL, RB, DL, and LB over yours. i don't think either team has a backup qb.

5) 5-0 all time. 3-0 in the modern era. 4 is coming... we'll have to wait a couple of years for the second thumb game. just let it burn you.

6) sadly this is true. we haven't lost back to back games since 2003 (ole miss/uga), but we still managed to beat bama.

7) the auburn creed says more than any bama fan ever will

8) i didn't realize that keith brown missed five games this year. also, i didn't realize he was second cousins with God or that he actually averaged 14 points per game. interesting logic.

9) true, see 2001. that's the last time the better team didn't win.

wasn't it common knowledge last week before we faced UGA? I sure hope the team doesn't think we're better than Bama in any of those ways or they're just gonna think they've earned the W before the game is even played, kinda like when we played Arkansas and UGA. Record at this point doesn't really mean a thing, again, case in point: UGA. Relying on our "undefeated" record in JHW is really not all that impressive.. considering we're only 2-0 in our era... that doesn't really mean anything... and no, we don't have depth at key positions, we may have the bodies at key position but we don't have the experience and the know-how, if we do, we won't be playing so many redshirt freshmen at DL, LB, DB, and TE..

Not saying we're not good, but I just don't want people to think this game is a lock for us because as this season has shown that there is no such thing as a "lock" game.

anyone on either side that says any Iron Bowl is a "lock" game is a fool.

Better stadium?

Even AU fans disagree with that.

.... :roflol:

We have the Better Team

Agreed. You have the better team if Keith Brown doesnt play saturday.

So does that mean this year it will be "if keith brown?" Why does one player always seem to impact only alabama? You act as if you are the only team with injured players. No, we have the better team no matter which of your players are healthy. I guess "if tre smith" had been hurt along with our other 3 rbs and fb, he wouldn't have ran wild over your butts. Thanks for getting me fired up bg, I needed that.

ROLL TIDE!!!! :ua::cheer::ua:

There were a number of opportunities for you to shut up and leave, but for some stupid reason you keep trying.

I congratulate you. You've graduated from being a stupid corndog to a full blown retard. Your certificate is in the mail!

Don't forget, if it weren't for 5 different plays in 5 different games...they could be 11-0 today. Just remember that, for each lose, they were one play away from winning. If those 5 different plays had of went the other way....they could be 11-0.

AND IF A FROG HAD WINGS IT WOULDN'T BUMP HIS @$$ EVERY TIME HE HOPPED.

Archived