Garnish the bastages wages

TexasTiger

This was the laziest, most irresponsible Congress ever...

Republicans vacating the Capitol are dumping a big spring cleaning job on Democrats moving in. GOP leaders have opted to leave behind almost a half-trillion-dollar clutter of unfinished spending bills.

The bulging workload that a Republican-led Congress was supposed to complete this year but is instead punting to 2007 promises to consume time and energy that Democrats had hoped to devote to their own agenda upon taking control of Congress in January for the first time in a dozen years.

The decision to drop so much unfinished work in Democrats' laps demonstrates both division within Republicans ranks and the difficulty in resolving so many knotty questions in so short a time. GOP leaders promised their House and Senate members the December lame duck session would last no more than two weeks, or until Dec. 16 at the latest.

Now, with the agenda shrinking, a session that will be the last for 45 retiring or defeated House members and senators should be wrapped up by Dec. 8.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/ap_on_...ttered_congress

Good for the GOP! :thumbsup: Let's see how productive the Dims ' 1st 100 hours ' will be when there's real work to be done, instead of all the partisan witch hunts they've been planning for the past 5-6 years.

Funny you didn't have that attitude when John Kerry didn't make it to vote but one time in 2004. <_<

Got a link to that assertion?

No but I remember you defending him and ,,,,,, and nothing, you defended him for all his short comings, which were/are many. Was Kerry doing his job in the Senate during a two year campaign? How many days was he there? How many votes did he miss?

Funny you didn't have that attitude when John Kerry didn't make it to vote but one time in 2004. <_<

No but I remember you defending him and ,,,,,, and nothing, you defended him for all his short comings, which were/are many. Was Kerry doing his job in the Senate during a two year campaign? How many days was he there? How many votes did he miss?

Got a link to that? Seriously, I was commenting on your gross overstatement: "didn't make it to vote but one time..."

Actually, we in Texas also paid George Bush to run for President during the two years of his second term. That's pretty normal when someone runs for President. This post is about an entire legislative body setting records for not working, for spending, and for taking bribes. Defend that if you want.

Got a link to that? Seriously, I was commenting on your gross overstatement: "didn't make it to vote but one time..."

Actually, we in Texas also paid George Bush to run for President during the two years of his second term. That's pretty normal when someone runs for President. This post is about an entire legislative body setting records for not working, for spending, and for taking bribes. Defend that if you want.

You mean like the Culture of Corruption?

Archived