Where does Coach Shula go?

TigerDad

How about the Univ of Miami--he seems to meet all the requirements-strict disciplinarian, cagey play calling, winning tradition against in-state rivals, etc. should have some family connections in the local sporting establishment? :lol:

If I'm Shula (and by the grace of all that is holy, I am not) I sit there in my new house in Tuscaloser and raise my kids and sit around the pool and enjoy the greatest career move of his life. Getting fired from that hellhole. Drink up Mike. Bear would have wanted it that way.

He can live quite nicely off his buyout for the rest of his life... but if he wants somethign to do, someone in the NFL will give him a job.

If I were Shula, I'd kick back for a year. Read books. Travel. Play with my kids. Spend time in the Caribbean on my boat. Play some golf. Write a expose on the world's dirtiest, most dysfunctional football program. And just keep cashing those checks.

After all, the doofuses in Tuscaloosa (Stewart Mandel's word, not mine) will make another bone-headed hire, the team will lose more games, and Shula will come out looking mildly competent. So by doing nothing, his stock will go up considerably.

Then I'd go to a mid-level program, like MAC or CUSA. He'll look like a coaching genius at that level.

I fugure he will be the Next Bus Boy at Shula's Steak House.... If there is an opening LOL

His buyout states that he has to actively pursue employment. And whatever job he gets, that monthly salary will be deducted from the amount he receives monthly from the buyout.

"Actively persue".... That is a little vague! Me thinks he could milk that pretty easily to ensure that UAT is on the hook for the entire amount. That or take a job that pays a $1.

His buyout states that he has to actively pursue employment. And whatever job he gets, that monthly salary will be deducted from the amount he receives monthly from the buyout.

I'd take a job at McDonald's.

I would take a job that pays .50 cents. (And laugh all the way to the bank!)

Is that the same as OJ actively pursuing the killer of his wife on every golf course in FLA?

So the Bus Boy job at Shula's Stands....that way Daddy can make sure her gets .50

So the Bus Boy job at Shula's Stands....that way Daddy can make sure her gets .50

public relations manager in the Shula Organization. Expanding and managing the restaurants.

recruit new customers.

Make $500 a year and donate it to charity. Make uat foot the bill for as long as possible

I'd take a job at McDonald's.

He could not do this. There would be too much friction between himself and the rest of the Alabama fans.....I mean employees.

I would take a job at another university and sign the contract for $1 and have Bama pay his salary.

Does Auburn need any assitants?

If I were Shula, I'd kick back for a year. Read books. Travel. Play with my kids. Spend time in the Caribbean on my boat. Play some golf. Write a expose on the world's dirtiest, most dysfunctional football program. And just keep cashing those checks.

After all, the doofuses in Tuscaloosa (Stewart Mandel's word, not mine) will make another bone-headed hire, the team will lose more games, and Shula will come out looking mildly competent. So by doing nothing, his stock will go up considerably.

Then I'd go to a mid-level program, like MAC or CUSA. He'll look like a coaching genius at that level.

I agree, only I'd kick back till the $67,000 a month runs out (about 5 years), then I'd get a coaching job at a Mid-level program.

I agree, only I'd kick back till the $67,000 a month runs out (about 5 years), then I'd get a coaching job at a Mid-level program.

he just got fired from a mid level program.

Archived